PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

cinnr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)

Looking for a longer life battery - noticed on the Mugen site that they say their 1800 mah trophy battery won't work on the Verizon Trophy.

Any recommendation on the best extended life battery that will fit in the existing battery cover?

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnr View Post
Looking for a longer life battery - noticed on the Mugen site that they say their 1800 mah trophy battery won't work on the Verizon Trophy.

Any recommendation on the best extended life battery that will fit in the existing battery cover?

Thanks!
Don't listen to that. I have the Mugen battery in my Verizon HTC Trophy and it works fine. I ordered it before I got my Trophy and have not had any issues.

It is a little better than the factory, maybe an hour or so in real world uses.

Not sure why they say that, as it does work fine... ???????

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

pm_mazur is just getting started

I'm using the standard battery extender that Verizon provides on their website. Sorry don't remember the mah on it but it's somewhere around 2000s (I'm not gonna check since I'm writing this on my phone). So far 16hrs on medium use I will end up with 40%. On heavy I'll be looking at 20% during the same time frame. By the way medium would be compared to checking messages every 15mins, having weather updates every 3 hours, mail send/receive set up as items arrive.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:33 AM
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm_mazur View Post
I'm using the standard battery extender that Verizon provides on their website. Sorry don't remember the mah on it but it's somewhere around 2000s (I'm not gonna check since I'm writing this on my phone). So far 16hrs on medium use I will end up with 40%. On heavy I'll be looking at 20% during the same time frame. By the way medium would be compared to checking messages every 15mins, having weather updates every 3 hours, mail send/receive set up as items arrive.
Sounds nice, just can't stand a big phone and that would make it big..
Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

yeah true. Honestly I got used to it. Let me know of you do fond a perfect slim battery extender.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

js_avery is a n00b

I use a touch pro 2 battery which is 1500mah in mine. The battery has a thin plastic shroud around it. I removed the sides of the plastic shroud but kept both ends and it fits perfect. Ive now used it for 2 weeks and it perfect.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_avery View Post
I use a touch pro 2 battery which is 1500mah in mine. The battery has a thin plastic shroud around it. I removed the sides of the plastic shroud but kept both ends and it fits perfect. Ive now used it for 2 weeks and it perfect.
Just like the Imagio battery, Actually I think they are the same part number from HTC...

It's just a hair thicker than the Trophy battery, so part of the cover does not close totaly.

Does make you wonder why HTC put a 1300mah battery instead of a 1500mah, when it was only about a hair more thickness on the phone/back cover...

One would think it would make a better phone anyway...
Old 09-04-2011, 05:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

The only excuse that i see them use is the thickness of the phone. Unless they want you to buy extra batteries so they could make money off of us.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750V7

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor

Verizon official extended battery lasts for 2 days with moderate use. That is some of the best battery life I have seen on a smartphone - extended battery, or not.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trysomeothertime View Post
Verizon official extended battery lasts for 2 days with moderate use. That is some of the best battery life I have seen on a smartphone - extended battery, or not.
Try it with the Leaked HTC Mango roms, people are claimed better battery life...

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy