PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC 7 Trophy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=309)
-   -   Can you tether with the Trophy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144930)

darren.wlsn1 07-06-2011 05:18 PM

Re: Can you tether with the Trophy

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2124920)
That's fine, give links to the unofficial routes :)

I'm waiting for GeoTrust to get my app, so I can get my phone unlocked anyway....

lol, ya beat me to it. no offense eric i am a turd hunter and i cant find this info.

eric12341 07-06-2011 05:42 PM

sure here

and here's another way click I found both using the Bing search on my arrive.

DavidinCT 07-06-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2124930)
sure here

and here's another way click I found both using the Bing search on my arrive.

I saw that a while ago. I thought there was a new hack. A lot of steps to just tether.....and it does not work with mango :(

I guess, just sliding a switch like it was in 6.5 is not going to happen any time soon.

Eric, have you tried it ?

eric12341 07-11-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2124940)
I saw that a while ago. I thought there was a new hack. A lot of steps to just tether.....and it does not work with mango :(

I guess, just sliding a switch like it was in 6.5 is not going to happen any time soon.

Eric, have you tried it ?

nope haven't been able to because the power in my area keeps getting knocked out. 3rd time within 3 weeks

WMFan85 07-22-2011 10:13 PM

Has anyone tried this? I am having troubles. I had no problem unlocking my phone and getting DFRouter on the phone. I downloaded an installed HTC Sync and I also downloaded the drivers just in case. I followed the directions to the letter, but I'm having problems with the drivers.

If you follow the pocketnow instructions, it says if you have installed HTC sync you can skip to step 10 which says "Connect device to PC, open HTC USB Modem and select Advance Label"

Where am I supposed to be finding this HTC modem?? I looked everywhere and can't find it. I looked under my devices and printers and I found HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM5). But no HTC Modem.

So I had no luck there so I thought I would try it the other way. I uninstalled HTC sync and the drivers that came with it. I plug in the device and select HTC modem, but it keeps says that HTC Diagonostic Interface in the Device Manager. I tried changing the driver to the USB modem that I downloaded, but it said that the driver was not for that.

So for now I am at a stand still and I'm really hoping to get this going soon so I can work when I am on vacation. Otherwise I'll have to reactivate my 6.5 phone and I really am not wanting to do that.

Has anyone else tried anything? Thanks for help in advance!

WMFan85 11-03-2011 10:51 PM

I'm going to bring this back to life again. Anyone think there is a way to do this? I really need to tether for work and I don't want to activate a windows mobile phone everyday that I need to tether.

Do you think this will be possible?

pm_mazur 11-07-2011 01:43 AM

A few more days and the ChevronWP team will have the unlock up and running again and after that devs like some of us here will get their hands dirty with apps. Ugh can't wait! I'm sure that someone will create a tether app.

wmathein 12-19-2011 05:10 AM

Mango?

eric12341 12-19-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmathein (Post 2160944)
Mango?

yes mango supports tethering but the carrier has to enable it.

partiallypro 12-21-2011 10:13 PM

So, I just ordered a Trophy under the assumption that I could tether it without Verizon capping me and charging me outrageously (I'd gladly pay to tether if they coupled the data plans instead of splitting them in two.) So does anyone have a hack to get this done? ChevronWP is officially supported by Microsoft now...so it would seem that a hack would be quite simple and widely available, but I can't find one that is confirmed to work with the Trophy.