PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > GSM Treo Pro Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo Pro GSM HardSPL

OK right now I don't have time for the final tests (am still without a device) but I suppose it works. let me know if it does.
Update: it does work but I will post another package today that will not allow this to run on CDMA treo pro just in case idiots manage to run this who don't read which device this is for (forgot to do that check in sspl exe properly).

Instructions:

first, if you have GSM treo pro (NOT CDMA, NOT SPRINT/VERIZON/TELUS), this is for your device.

steps:
0) if you have Vista or Windows 7, make sure you have latest WMDC.
1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, extract to an empty local folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
3) run PANTHER_GSM_HSPL exe from the folder
4) follow steps in the program!
5) it should go to tricolour screen now, i.e. SSPL mode, and show
0.59.C-SSPL. now follow steps in the RUU that's launched by now.
6) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done. if you get any errors, follow the instructions offered by the program.
7) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.59.CMONEX.

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot!
to enter bootloader mode to see version: with the device turned on, press and hold the Camera button along with the Power button, then press the reset button with the stylus tip, then release the Camera and Power buttons when bootloader tricolour screen appears.

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically or problems with USB connection after SSPL was loaded, please copy SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM.exe from the SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM_V059.zip attachment to the device and run it (device must be plugged in to USB). then once the screen is in SSPL, run CustomRUU from Panther_CustomRUU.zip attachment manually and flash NBH file from PantGSM_HardSPL059.zip.

NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs. also, this has overwrite protection, if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package will soon be posted.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU to flash anything else! this is only intended for flashing the HardSPL.

finally, if you wish to thank me with a donation, you can do so by clicking the link the HardSPL program offers, or here: http://hpcmonex.net/htc/pantc/panther.htm
Attached Files
File Type: zip PANTHER_GSM_HSPL_V100.zip (901.7 KB, 1398 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM_V059.zip (394.1 KB, 1192 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Panther_CustomRUU.zip (409.1 KB, 1132 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip PantGSM_HardSPL059.zip (104.6 KB, 1127 views) Click for barcode!

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

Last edited by cmonex; 11-11-2009 at 09:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Threadstarter

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Treo Pro GSM HardSPL

Troubleshooting tips:

- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- if you have USB issues:
1. anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically or problems with USB connection after SSPL was loaded, please copy SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM.exe from the SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM_V059.zip attachment to the device and run it (device must be plugged in to USB). then once the screen is in SSPL, run CustomRUU from Panther_CustomRUU.zip attachment manually and flash NBH file from PantGSM_HardSPL059.zip.
2. if it still has connection error in SSPL screen, try unplugging and replugging the USB
3. try different USB port, PC, etc.
4. when there are sync issues, the program also suggests installing this file on the phone: http://hpcmonex.net/roms/enablerapinew.cab, just making a note here too.

steps for stock SPL restore:

--posted soon-- (edit: mmm reminder to myself, this one has full overwrite prot.)

Last edited by cmonex; 11-10-2009 at 10:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: CFay

fefefe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Wonderful!!!!!!!!I'm a Chinese and my treo pro already had a hardspl by Chinese hacker .
Thank you anyway!

Last edited by fefefe; 11-10-2009 at 10:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: China Mobile

LingAn is a n00b

wonderful
thx +1
Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo pro

iwangz is a n00b

Wonderful
Thanks cmonex!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile

cellneuron is a n00b

Just tried. I can flash it only in windows xp. Unfortunately, after flashing complete, I still only have "0.59.C-SSPL".
Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

just to confirm, enter bootloader and post the results:

Quote:
to enter bootloader mode to see version: with the device turned on, press and hold the Camera button along with the Power button, then press the reset button with the stylus tip, then release the Camera and Power buttons when bootloader tricolour screen appears.
please include with your reply everything you see on the screen
Old 11-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile

cellneuron is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
just to confirm, enter bootloader and post the results:

please include with your reply everything you see on the screen
Thanks for the tip. Using this method, I can see my SPL now is 0.59-cmonex.

Good, it works.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: eng

apocalypse00039 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
Troubleshooting tips:

- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- if you have USB issues:
1. anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically or problems with USB connection after SSPL was loaded, please copy SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM.exe from the SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM_V059.zip attachment to the device and run it (device must be plugged in to USB). then once the screen is in SSPL, run CustomRUU from Panther_CustomRUU.zip attachment manually and flash NBH file from PantGSM_HardSPL059.zip.
2. if it still has connection error in SSPL screen, try unplugging and replugging the USB
3. try different USB port, PC, etc.
4. when there are sync issues, the program also suggests installing this file on the phone: http://hpcmonex.net/roms/enablerapinew.cab, just making a note here too.

steps for stock SPL restore:

--posted soon-- (edit: mmm reminder to myself, this one has full overwrite prot.)
thanks cmonex for your hard work,
it works on my treo pro & your name display on tri-color screen very well, it looks sweet!

Still i want to post a problem which i engaged with. after fix hard-spl, i am starting to burn a rom in treo pro, but unfortunately, i failed on ether usb-way or storage card way. does anyone share some success cases with me?

ps: i already follow the instructions, exactly!

Last edited by apocalypse00039; 11-11-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: tele.ring (austria)

Art4 is a n00b

Thank you cmonex for your efforts!!

I'll start using the Hard-SPL and developing/flashing ROMs in about 3 weeks when my exams are over... and I'm really looking forward to that ^^
(and promptly wired another donation of course :])

Last edited by Art4; 11-11-2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: corrected small typo ;)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > GSM Treo Pro Development