PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   GSM Treo Pro Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Treo Pro GSM HardSPL (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95870)

cmonex 11-10-2009 09:47 PM

Treo Pro GSM HardSPL

4 Attachment(s)
OK right now I don't have time for the final tests (am still without a device) but I suppose it works. let me know if it does.
Update: it does work :) but I will post another package today that will not allow this to run on CDMA treo pro just in case idiots manage to run this who don't read which device this is for (forgot to do that check in sspl exe properly).

Instructions:

first, if you have GSM treo pro (NOT CDMA, NOT SPRINT/VERIZON/TELUS), this is for your device.

steps:
0) if you have Vista or Windows 7, make sure you have latest WMDC.
1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, extract to an empty local folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
3) run PANTHER_GSM_HSPL exe from the folder
4) follow steps in the program!
5) it should go to tricolour screen now, i.e. SSPL mode, and show
0.59.C-SSPL. now follow steps in the RUU that's launched by now.
6) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done. if you get any errors, follow the instructions offered by the program.
7) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.59.CMONEX.

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot!
to enter bootloader mode to see version: with the device turned on, press and hold the Camera button along with the Power button, then press the reset button with the stylus tip, then release the Camera and Power buttons when bootloader tricolour screen appears.

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically or problems with USB connection after SSPL was loaded, please copy SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM.exe from the SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM_V059.zip attachment to the device and run it (device must be plugged in to USB). then once the screen is in SSPL, run CustomRUU from Panther_CustomRUU.zip attachment manually and flash NBH file from PantGSM_HardSPL059.zip.

NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs. also, this has overwrite protection, if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package will soon be posted.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU to flash anything else! this is only intended for flashing the HardSPL.

finally, if you wish to thank me with a donation, you can do so by clicking the link the HardSPL program offers, or here: http://hpcmonex.net/htc/pantc/panther.htm

cmonex 11-10-2009 10:00 PM

Re: Treo Pro GSM HardSPL

Troubleshooting tips:

- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- if you have USB issues:
1. anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically or problems with USB connection after SSPL was loaded, please copy SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM.exe from the SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM_V059.zip attachment to the device and run it (device must be plugged in to USB). then once the screen is in SSPL, run CustomRUU from Panther_CustomRUU.zip attachment manually and flash NBH file from PantGSM_HardSPL059.zip.
2. if it still has connection error in SSPL screen, try unplugging and replugging the USB
3. try different USB port, PC, etc.
4. when there are sync issues, the program also suggests installing this file on the phone: http://hpcmonex.net/roms/enablerapinew.cab, just making a note here too.

steps for stock SPL restore:

--posted soon-- (edit: mmm reminder to myself, this one has full overwrite prot.)

fefefe 11-10-2009 10:39 PM

Wonderful!!!!!!!!I'm a Chinese and my treo pro already had a hardspl by Chinese hacker .
Thank you anyway!

LingAn 11-10-2009 10:52 PM

wonderful
thx +1

iwangz 11-10-2009 11:10 PM

Wonderful
Thanks cmonex!

cellneuron 11-11-2009 12:04 AM

Just tried. I can flash it only in windows xp. Unfortunately, after flashing complete, I still only have "0.59.C-SSPL".

puff 11-11-2009 02:03 AM

just to confirm, enter bootloader and post the results:

Quote:

to enter bootloader mode to see version: with the device turned on, press and hold the Camera button along with the Power button, then press the reset button with the stylus tip, then release the Camera and Power buttons when bootloader tricolour screen appears.
please include with your reply everything you see on the screen :)

cellneuron 11-11-2009 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 1318379)
just to confirm, enter bootloader and post the results:

please include with your reply everything you see on the screen :)

Thanks for the tip. Using this method, I can see my SPL now is 0.59-cmonex. ;-)

Good, it works.

apocalypse00039 11-11-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex (Post 1317573)
Troubleshooting tips:

- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- if you have USB issues:
1. anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically or problems with USB connection after SSPL was loaded, please copy SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM.exe from the SSPL-Manual-PantherGSM_V059.zip attachment to the device and run it (device must be plugged in to USB). then once the screen is in SSPL, run CustomRUU from Panther_CustomRUU.zip attachment manually and flash NBH file from PantGSM_HardSPL059.zip.
2. if it still has connection error in SSPL screen, try unplugging and replugging the USB
3. try different USB port, PC, etc.
4. when there are sync issues, the program also suggests installing this file on the phone: http://hpcmonex.net/roms/enablerapinew.cab, just making a note here too.

steps for stock SPL restore:

--posted soon-- (edit: mmm reminder to myself, this one has full overwrite prot.)

thanks cmonex for your hard work,
it works on my treo pro & your name display on tri-color screen very well, it looks sweet!

Still i want to post a problem which i engaged with. after fix hard-spl, i am starting to burn a rom in treo pro, but unfortunately, i failed on ether usb-way or storage card way. :spin:does anyone share some success cases with me?

ps: i already follow the instructions, exactly!

Art4 11-11-2009 05:33 AM

Thank you cmonex for your efforts!!

I'll start using the Hard-SPL and developing/flashing ROMs in about 3 weeks when my exams are over... and I'm really looking forward to that ^^
(and promptly wired another donation of course :])