PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   GSM HTC Hero Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   VillainROM 5.22 Release Candidate (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118787)

TheSeanTeam 04-21-2010 05:56 PM

VillainROM 5.22 Release Candidate

Mod Edit: Temporarily removed links to ensure no one flashes a GSM rom on their CDMA hero and perhaps bricks it.

I haven't seen anyone post this ROM, so I figured you guys might want to check it out...

Quote:

VillainROM 5.2 Release Candidate

A FULL WIPE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BUT MAY NOT BE ESSENTIAL!

So.. it's taken a few days, but here it is. The final stage of testing for VillainROM's 5 Series, SprintHero port for the GSM HERO. Below is a download link to VillainROM5.2 Release Candidate.

I'm proud of this one. When I started developing for the Hero back in January, many of you guys that are still around will remember me saying that I'd make it my mission to beat HTC to a fully working, fast 2.1 ROM. Well... this is the closest I've come so far. I really hope you like it.

So... The changelog:

- Faster than 5.1
- Fixed 3D issues
- Gallery 3D Rotate fix still works (I broke this twice trying to fix the streaming issue, but it's sorted now)
- Apps2SD (again, untested... I have never used it)
- FIXED ALL STREAMING ISSUES! (including Youtube)
- Modified boot animation to safe valuable space on /system
- VillainROM splash screen (you'll only see it once or twice)
- Included Launcher, Launcher2 & Live Wallpaperpicker (Disable Sense to try these! - remember, don't try high end ones.... our Heros don't have the balls)
- FIXED VANILLA LOCKSCREEN THANKS TO FLIPZ (See downloads below)

& The rest of the ROM:

- Syncing works flawlessly
- Extra Special HTC Keyboard with Voice Input & LOADS of options
- All hardware working as it should
- No graphical glitches anywhere
- Busybox
- Rooted
- VPN
- Launcher 2 works - just push it.
- Some LIVE WALLPAPERS WORK - only if you turn off Sense and use Launcher
- Network Location working 100%
- All apps in market

KNOWN BUGS:

- MMS (fix available from wiki/forums)
- Dashes when dialling due to it being a US ROM (not really a problem)

IMPORTANT INFO!

In addition to the release of this ROM, Kendon (Kendong at XDA) has been slaving away working on a kitchen for this ROM. Very soon, all donators/donors will have access to an incredibly intuitive, online Kitchen which can be accessed at VillainROM.co.uk. Unfortunately, as the site was set up after 99% of donations were received, you'll have to PM me your PAYPAL CONFIRMATION CODE ON THE VILLAINROM.CO.UK FORUM. Once I have verified this, I will add you to the donators group.

ALL FUTURE/NEW DONATORS WILL ALSO BE ADDED TO THE GROUP.

We're proud of what we've done here, and we hope you are too. If you're feeling generous, please feel free to send a small donation our way. We can promise you that there will be lots of exciting donator-only content coming your way in the very near future.

Donation Link
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FORUM USERNAME ON DONATIONS TO BE ADDED TO DONATOR GROUP!

Vanilla Lockscreen Fix + Vanilla Clock

If you prefer the Vanilla Lockscreen, flash this update after the 5.2RC rom. Please note, you ceannot simply revert back to your HTC lock screen if you apply this. If you flash this. If you flash the Vanilla lockscreen, you'll need to use the VANILLA CLOCK (included) for your alarm in the morning. The HTC alarm will crash the lockscreen and the phone.
BE WARNED > YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE YOUR SIMLOCK (PIN) TO USE THIS, OR IT WILL FREEZE.

CUSTOMER SERVICE SPEED DIAL and HYTHEN REMOVAL : See attachment:

VillainROM5.2-SpeedDial-Fix-signed.zip
Removes the Customer Service Speed Dial (2 by default)
Removes the hythens (dashes) when entering a phone number
(596.88 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

GALLERY 3D CAMERA FIX: See attachment:

Gallery3D-CameraFix-signed.zip
Fixes crash when clicking the Camera icon
(483.78 KiB) Downloaded 2575 times

ADDITIONAL LANGUAGES: See attachment: (Thanks HomerSP; The Hotfix King)

IME-Languages-signed.zip
Add many more keyboard languages
(2.92 KiB) Downloaded 2719 times

STOCK ROSIE: See attachment:

stockrosie.zip
Revert back to stock Rosie & stock icons.
(10.67 MiB) Downloaded 2627 times

Huge thanks to: Pulser, Kendon, Benhaam, RaiderX, Flipz, Damageless, Jeremy, Robocik & LennyUK.
If you want any of those mods, you need to download them from the website. Enjoy~

fullgrown 04-21-2010 06:25 PM

Re: VillainROM 5.22 Release Candidate

do you know what additional language keyboards were added??? i need korean!!!

TheSeanTeam 04-21-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullgrown (Post 1711886)
do you know what additional language keyboards were added??? i need korean!!!

Sorry, I'm not the dev. I'm just sharing the site. Check out the website and post your question there.

nighteyes 04-21-2010 09:56 PM

haha when you first posted this I was about to hit reply with a "Warning GSM rom!" but then I actually read that it was ported to cdma. Quite the fool I would have been. heh...I am happy with Aloysius rom, so my flashing craze is calmed for the moment heh.

piscesjoey 04-22-2010 07:38 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/784; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighteyes
haha when you first posted this I was about to hit reply with a "Warning GSM rom!" but then I actually read that it was ported to cdma. Quite the fool I would have been. heh...I am happy with Aloysius rom, so my flashing craze is calmed for the moment heh.

Haha I was about to say the same thing too. They should restructure the first post a bit to avoid mass confusion and panic

koricua74 04-26-2010 11:39 PM

Don't flash this onto any CDMA Heros it WILL BRICK it. IT IS A SprintHero port for the GSM HERO. Meaning that it will have GSM radio settings which wil fry your CDMA Hero. If anyone really wants a Sprint 2.1 ROM use one from http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=519 As you guys may already know there are a lot great chefs doing wonderful things for our Heroes.

bradart 04-27-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Don't flash this onto any CDMA Heros it WILL BRICK it. IT IS A SprintHero port for the GSM HERO. Meaning that it will have GSM radio settings which wil fry your CDMA Hero. If anyone really wants a Sprint 2.1 ROM use one from http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=519 As you guys may already know there are a lot great chefs doing wonderful things for our Heroes.
Dot Dot Dot...

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

TheSeanTeam 04-30-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koricua74 (Post 1721319)

I'm sure you mean well... but do you know what "port" means?

koricua74 04-30-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSeanTeam (Post 1728322)
I'm sure you mean well... but do you know what "port" means?

I do know what port means congrats on sounding like a (insert preferred pronoun), and according to Wikipedia it means "In computer science, porting is the process of adapting software so that an executable program can be created for a computing environment that is different from the one for which it was originally designed (e.g. different CPU, operating system, or third party library). The term is also used in a general way to refer to the changing of software/hardware to make them usable in different environments."

And this a Sprint 2.1 port for the GSM Hero which means that it has GSM Radio software included. Since it does have that software it will BRICK your CDMA Hero. I just wanted to issue a warning because it seemed that you didn't :read: the website. Some ppl are quick to flash a new ROM without doing their homework. I know every dev places a warning and you stated to research the website but there was no like warning on the website and since it's geared to the GSM community it doesn't warn CDMA users about the possibility of bricking their device.

To end this, how about you nandroid and flash this ROM post screenshots of the system information. If you don't brick your Hero then I'll admit I was wrong if you do then you will have a bricked device that you CAN take to Sprint, play DUMB, and get it replaced (as long as you have repair and replacement insurance)

Vissago 05-20-2010 12:41 PM

So who was right? I don't see the screen shots..