PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Google Nexus One Accessories (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Nexus One Seidio 3200mAh Innocell Battery (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116726)

mindfrost82 04-02-2010 11:53 AM

Nexus One Seidio 3200mAh Innocell Battery

http://www.seidioonline.com/v/vspfil...2HNX1-BK-4.jpg

Has anyone tried this thing yet? The battery life on the N1 isn't the greatest, but I'm still not sure if I would get this battery. IMO, the battery cover is really ugly, but maybe its just the pictures.

Looks like it adds 6mm to the thickness.

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bacy32hnx1-bk.htm

Carla 04-02-2010 08:56 PM

Re: Nexus One Seidio 3200mAh Innocell Battery

What kind of life are you getting Frosty? I think that looks horrendous honestly, just my opinion though.

budney 04-02-2010 11:08 PM

Well it isn't pretty, but at least it doesn't have a hump on it like most of Seidio's battery covers. :)

I find the battery life on my MyTouch to be like most PPCs, one full day and done. 3G on GSM and GPS seem to eat battery up like no tomorrow.

mindfrost82 04-03-2010 12:48 PM

It all depends on how much I'm using it really. Even with push mail and sync facebook on, if I hardly turn on the screen I'll be at like 70-80% after about 15 hours.

If I have the screen on though, its completely different. This morning I was using the internet for about 40 minutes and I lost 8% in that time. So if I use the phone a lot, I can usually still get a day out of it, but I might be at like 20-30% afterwards. Still acceptable to me, but this might be nice for days when I know I'll be using it and I'll be away from a charger.

Carla 04-03-2010 02:30 PM

That seems to be what I am getting with my Hero and Moment. I always end up near a charger, if it's in the car or in my classroom, so I never really think much about it. With the Hero that I tend to use regularly, I just throw my TP2 battery ion my purse so I never have any worries. Budney does have a point, compared to other Seidio covers, at least they "tried" to streamline this one a bit. I would say grab it just to have for a day when you know you will need it, but it's hard to justify $70 for that view. Let me know whatcha do though, I am curious how much better this will make battery life. :p

spiritcrusher33 04-09-2010 01:08 PM

i have the seidio 3500 mAh extended battery for the hero.. I love it.. makes the phone bigger but who cares..lol function over form..

I can go forever on this battery and not have to worry bout finding a charger..

But if u like ultra slim etc.. def not the batt for u.. but if your like me.. makes the hero better to hold and type on. and just all around feels more solid.. plus i have big hands.lol

if i had a n1 i would def buy that extended battery..

dusty- 06-06-2010 10:37 AM

I just ordered the battery and hope it works out lol.
I saw this on xda, enter the code DFN10 and get a 10% discount.

Dragon2 06-06-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty- (Post 1796087)
I just ordered the battery and hope it works out lol.
I saw this on xda, enter the code DFN10 and get a 10% discount.

Let me know how it goes i may just get one. Id like to see stock pics vs the 3200 battery. Also does it show percentage or just on your meter? (after ya get it of course). I remember the tp2 some of them would not show in the meter.

But just like someone said. Atleast its not a hump and its all one size. Its not that ugly to me. I never look at the back anyways. 3200 is a monster. for the long trips that would be a great accessory to have.

dusty- 06-06-2010 01:22 PM

I should get mine on Wednesday and spend all day charging it. It says to let it change for 3-4 hours after it hits 100%. Since the back cover is fitted it looks like you have a lot of extra space to store stuff. My buddy could hide his weed in there Lmao.

Dragon2 06-06-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty- (Post 1796390)
I should get mine on Wednesday and spend all day charging it. It says to let it change for 3-4 hours after it hits 100%. Since the back cover is fitted it looks like you have a lot of extra space to store stuff. My buddy could hide his weed in there Lmao.

That's true. Or for single people a condom for them ya never know times.lol

dusty- 06-09-2010 07:37 PM

Just got my battery and beginning the long charging process lol. I like the extra thickness because it makes it easier to hold for me. I laid it next to my tp2 and its exactly the same thickness.
Another benefit of the thicker battery cover is the camera lens and flash sit recessed in the cover so I won't worry about scratching the lens.

Dragon2 06-10-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty- (Post 1804962)
Just got my battery and beginning the long charging process lol. I like the extra thickness because it makes it easier to hold for me. I laid it next to my tp2 and its exactly the same thickness.
Another benefit of the thicker battery cover is the camera lens and flash sit recessed in the cover so I won't worry about scratching the lens.

Awesome. Awaiting patiently for a review on battery life.... I am getting one for sure...

dusty- 06-10-2010 01:29 PM

On my 1st charge I've been on 6 1/2 hours with 2 hours of streaming music about 2-3 hours of web browsing, a few phone calls and txt messages and I'm at 52% left on the battery.

Not bad for a 1st charge and after 5-6 full charges battery life is supposed to improve.

Dragon2 06-13-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty- (Post 1806801)
On my 1st charge I've been on 6 1/2 hours with 2 hours of streaming music about 2-3 hours of web browsing, a few phone calls and txt messages and I'm at 52% left on the battery.

Not bad for a 1st charge and after 5-6 full charges battery life is supposed to improve.

Nice. That sounds like a beast of a battery. I want one. I will be ordering one soon thanks for the review...

menoats 08-13-2010 02:59 PM

You guys crack me up with the whole using the extra space for hiding things way to make the best of a shitty situation. I think I will buy one of these to keep it in the car for Emergency...but will it discharge in a couple of months if I don't use it?