PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
the vibrate remained after even doing the soft resets and such? it may be a hardware issue because the vibrate occurs before the actual OS.but who knows
Yep, changing to different batteries, 20 soft resets(or more) and uninstalling programs, changing system settings etc..... It's not a hardware issue at all. Right following the HTC boot screen and immediately when it shows Windows Phone Not For Resale screen the vibrate started and remained while the phone is on. Only turned off after shutdown was finished and the phone was powered down completely
After I did a hard reset it cleared everything up and everything is back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Watch your backups, Not sure what happend here, maybe when I upgraded Zune to 4.8 or when I reinstalled the old version. I needed roll back to Nodo to fix some issues and my backup is GONE (I know where it should be, I've been reading over XDA for the last day).

So my quest is on to find a Verizon HTC Trophy OEM rom to go back or when final comes out, I might be screwed.

As of today, no way possable to go back to NoDo for me
I've made a conscious choice not to reformat my computer and backup my NoDo file. I copied it onto another hard drive for safe keeping. Hopefully everything works out in the future when the release comes out.
The backup should be at c:/premangostate
Old 07-11-2011, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post

I've made a conscious choice not to reformat my computer and backup my NoDo file. I copied it onto another hard drive for safe keeping. Hopefully everything works out in the future when the release comes out.
The backup should be at c:/premangostate
Your Premangostate folder is just the XML for your phone (check the folder size).

Your backup SHOULD be stored at %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update

Same here, I was very careful but, at some point, upgrading zune or reinstalling it, it overwrote the files and they are gone (I should of copied the files elsewhere, I was but never did). Last night I spent 3 hours with a undelete program to see if the files were still there...no joy

My only option is to find a Verizon OEM rom and nuke my phone but, I need to find a rom. The one on XDA is a demo rom, not the release So it has issues according to other people...

So I am pretty screwed unless there is a new release (mango is working fine as of now but, I want to fix some issues and need to go back to nodo)

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-11-2011, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

A tip for anyone who has not installed it yet (would of solved my problem), Install the Updated Zune software (4. BEFORE you install mango. 4.7 won't see mango but, 4.8 will see a non-mango device and a mango one.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Watch your backups, Not sure what happend here, maybe when I upgraded Zune to 4.8 or when I reinstalled the old version. I needed roll back to Nodo to fix some issues and my backup is GONE (I know where it should be, I've been reading over XDA for the last day).

So my quest is on to find a Verizon HTC Trophy OEM rom to go back or when final comes out, I might be screwed.

As of today, no way possable to go back to NoDo for me
what issues were u having? and I took my backup folder and put a copy on my TP2s microSD card so I'll still have mine and if not then I have a couple of roms on xda to flash.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
what issues were u having?
Nothing really, I wanted to use some "unlocked" features but, the XAPs need to be installed before upgrading to mango, so I was going to roll back to add them but, now I am screwed.

I'm thinking more of the final but, I would like to take advantage of it now.

I hope I can find a rom for my trophy...
Old 07-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
A tip for anyone who has not installed it yet (would of solved my problem), Install the Updated Zune software (4. BEFORE you install mango. 4.7 won't see mango but, 4.8 will see a non-mango device and a mango one.
Before giving up keep in mind that even though I thought that I made a few backup copies but they were only 302kb which has to be wrong. I also installed 4.8 after installing mango and thought I couldn't downgrade. I then ran and installed a file called MangoB2-ZuneClient.zip which I got from xda. Somehow when I synced my zune it came up with the option to revert back to NoDo. I was lucky.

Try installing zune from that file and tell me what happens. File too large to attach.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Before giving up keep in mind that even though I thought that I made a few backup copies but they were only 302kb which has to be wrong. I also installed 4.8 after installing mango and thought I couldn't downgrade. I then ran and installed a file called MangoB2-ZuneClient.zip which I got from xda. Somehow when I synced my zune it came up with the option to revert back to NoDo. I was lucky.

Try installing zune from that file and tell me what happens. File too large to attach.
well us arrive users are lucky anyway because we have 2 roms on xda that we can flash so im ready in case my backup can't be restored.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post

The 302kb files are your XML files, needed but, not your prinary data...

Your backup data is stored at

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update

(put that in a run command, you should see a folder that is a few gb in size, that is your backup and this is what you should backup)

The problem is my Windows Phone update folder was overwritten when I downgraded back to 4.7 (I did my mango upgrade in 4.7, not a good idea, so I had to roll back to uninstall because it would not work in 4.8 for some reason)

Quote:
well us arrive users are lucky anyway because we have 2 roms on xda that we can flash so im ready in case my backup can't be restored.
I thought us Trophy users were too but, it turns out the rom is bad, and just the demo rom (like you see in the store) and people have had issues.

Has your Arrive rom been tested by fellow Sprint users ?? Are you sure it's good ?

IF this was the case, I would of done this last night (if the rom was good) and you would of never seen a post by me on this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Banned User

Quote:
The 302kb files are your XML files, needed but, not your prinary data...

Your backup data is stored at

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update

(put that in a run command, you should see a folder that is a few gb in size, that is your backup and this is what you should backup)

The problem is my Windows Phone update folder was overwritten when I downgraded back to 4.7 (I did my mango upgrade in 4.7, not a good idea, so I had to roll back to uninstall because it would not work in 4.8 for some reason)

I thought us Trophy users were too but, it turns out the rom is bad, and just the demo rom (like you see in the store) and people have had issues.

Has your Arrive rom been tested by fellow Sprint users ?? Are you sure it's good ?

IF this was the case, I would of done this last night (if the rom was good) and you would of never seen a post by me on this.
my premangostate folder was a few GB in size. I also did my mango update in 4.7
Old 07-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

This thread seems to have cooled down a bit which is good, let's keep it civil

I'm going to flash Mango on my HD2 tonight or tomorrow, I had to let someone borrow it while i fixed their iPhone.

Let's see how this thing runs on my rig with a custom theme and developer unlocked
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions