PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   SWYPE on WM7 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135489)

mikejbradley 10-15-2010 10:56 AM

SWYPE on WM7

Sorry haven't reviewed WM7, but SWYPE is new input method, it recently won world speed record for text input, oringinally on Android. So I looked for it for my ATT FUZE (WM 6.1) -

Hey I have both a new Android (EPIC Sprint) and Win 6.1 (ATT FUZE), I was so impressed by SWYpE built-in to the EPIC, I searched the Internet for a Win version - guess what, search on SWYPE keyboard VGA CAB. (A Win mobile install file is usually a cab, orignially cab was Pocket PC). Voila, here's a link, it even works on old Win 6.1 FUZE.. be careful your Winmo phone supports VGA, there's a QVGA version for old phones. Just search for Swype keyboard QVGA CAB. Here's the VGA version:
swype cab vga - download - (1 files) So SWYPE even works on older WM phones, and it's AWESOME.... I guess you folks will tell me whether it's already built into WM7 ......\\:D/

xizzmatt 10-15-2010 04:37 PM

Re: SWYPE on WM7

Who knows :dontknow: All I know is it would have to be built into the phone or available in the Market Place it self since your not able to install .CABs or non marketplace apps for that matter disgust. We'll just have to see, I'm sticking with Android for now though.

darren.wlsn1 10-19-2010 11:48 PM

may help ya.
Swype

demonlordoftheround 10-26-2010 09:16 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

it may become available somewhere down the line? I guess when pigs fly.

Oridus 10-26-2010 05:59 PM

It would be a shame if they didn't allow it. Swype is irreplacable in my eyes. I have a really hard time not using Swype.

JasonFieldz 10-26-2010 09:59 PM

Swype will not be on WP7 for what I have seen and read. I have talked to a developer and personal friend of the Swype dev. and they are working on it, but currently MS has the SIP locked to just their's no 3rd party. I am a beta tester and have tried with emulator to change it and still no go... Not looking good in my eyes... Darn!

darren.wlsn1 10-26-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonFieldz (Post 1982061)
Swype will not be on WP7 for what I have seen and read. I have talked to a developer and personal friend of the Swype dev. and they are working on it, but currently MS has the SIP locked to just their's no 3rd party. I am a beta tester and have tried with emulator to change it and still no go... Not looking good in my eyes... Darn!

Yep, thats why I posted link in my first reply.

rdwing 10-27-2010 06:45 PM

Swype is crud compared to some of the other alternatives out there.
Yes, they were the first but that doesn't mean they are the only.

Oridus 10-28-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdwing (Post 1982681)

I still have yet to find something more simple and as quick.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

demonlordoftheround 10-30-2010 10:48 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdwing

And the alternatives available for WP7 are?