PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Windows Mobile vs. Android: WinMo Is Better Than You Think (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99370)

searcher61 11-30-2009 03:08 PM

Windows Mobile vs. Android: WinMo Is Better Than You Think

Guy and Gals... take a look at this...WinCe is not all that bad!!

http://jkontherun.com/2009/11/23/win...han-you-think/

Noir 11-30-2009 04:33 PM

Re: Windows Mobile vs. Android: WinMo Is Better Than You Think

we know that LOL its a great build
I would think of moving to android and then I would e bored and go back to windows

w7excursion 11-30-2009 05:48 PM

nice read

WhiteBlazer01 11-30-2009 09:42 PM

That actually was pretty good to read. As the comments mention, it is nice to see some positives of WM. I've been using WM for years (since the XV6700), and I've grown so accustomed to Windows Mobile that it becomes second nature, and all the great things it does becomes subconscious and "forgotten". Glad to see someone point them out.

spiritcrusher33 12-01-2009 10:11 AM

yes indeed, its nice to see some positive on wm.. even though im taking a much needed break from it..enjoying my pre.. i will prolly come back next year. hopefully something better comes out than the tp2..( not that the tp2 is a bad phone, just want some new hardware not just a rehash of old ) might just keep the pre.. and try out android who knows what will be out around march when my 2yrs are up..we shall see..

gprimr1 12-02-2009 06:32 PM

Windows Mobile has bad advertising. Most people don't know about the many neat things it can do. The Iphone has lately been advertising running multiple apps, yet we see no Microsoft commercial saying "Nice, we did that about 5 years ago, way to catch up."

WhiteBlazer01 12-02-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gprimr1 (Post 1380781)
Windows Mobile has bad advertising. Most people don't know about the many neat things it can do. The Iphone has lately been advertising running multiple apps, yet we see no Microsoft commercial saying "Nice, we did that about 5 years ago, way to catch up."

AGREED!! Shoot, I've been using WM in and out for the last 4+ years, and I can't even explain all the benefits it has... But that may just be a fault on my own

gprimr1 12-03-2009 01:12 PM

Anouther area Windows Mobile can improve on is official applications. Yes, there are 10 different programs that can do google voice, but there's no official google voice client from either Google or Microsoft.

That's all most people see.

gazment 12-03-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1374381)
we know that LOL its a great build
I would think of moving to android and then I would e bored and go back to windows

Yes, you'd probably get bored of not having to always fix something :mrgreen: or exit out of an app.

I've had my hero for about a month and still not bored of the thousands of free apps in the market that are growing and growing.

acts 12-03-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazment (Post 1383216)
Yes, you'd probably get bored of not having to always fix something :mrgreen: or exit out of an app.

I've had my hero for about a month and still not bored of the thousands of free apps in the market that are growing and growing.

did you bother to read the article, maybe the part about

Quote:

WinMo has long been criticized about multi-tasking due to the lack of an app close option. Apps do not shut down by default when exited; they still run in the background. Some users are not used to such behavior and find that to be an undesired feature. Sure, an app developer can include an exit option expressly, but many feel that should be the default action of the OS.
Guess what? Android operates exactly the same way. When the user leaves an app to start something else, the first app keeps running in the background. In a familiar way, an app developer must include an express option to shut down an app when exited. Anyone who has run an Android phone for more than a few minutes should fire up a task manager and have a look. You’ll likely see 20 or more tasks running in the background, not unlike WinMo.
i'm not saying the hero or android is bad, but your points about the exit app and thousands of free apps are addressed in the article if you take time to read it.