PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Glossary, Terms, Definitions, Acronyms (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72812)

GirlGoneGeek 10-13-2009 12:56 AM

Re: Glossary, Terms, Definitions, Acronyms

awesome definitions!!!! great work :)

sslevski 11-03-2009 04:30 AM

heh very nice thread for the noobs

FROG_LEG_SALAD 01-02-2010 01:57 PM

is there anywhere that has a step by step walk thru on how to unlock and put a rom on the phone either by written or video

Fyvepercenter 01-11-2010 08:32 PM

When looking up things to help with the glitchy bluetooth on my HTC TP2 I come across a lot of them.
AVRCP
A2DP
PAN

Fyvepercenter 01-11-2010 08:43 PM

And just came across MSVC, all in relation to bluetooth issues

RLM703 01-12-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FROG_LEG_SALAD (Post 1455586)
is there anywhere that has a step by step walk thru on how to unlock and put a rom on the phone either by written or video

I too would like to know this...? More so where would be the best place to begin learning how to preform a ROM dump of my current stock ROM, how to customize (cook) the ROM and create a .RUU.

More important than that, how do you "unlock" the phone. As in how do you mess around with SPL, HSPL, SSPL?

Where does Radio come into the equation?

I may be using terms incorrectly however, i am a noob.

Any and all help would be greatly appriciated. I just started to get into Unlocking/ROM's with my Imagio and I would love to learn how to do this on my own, in return I would be able to help others in the future.

ChaosTheory 04-09-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FROG_LEG_SALAD (Post 1455586)

Check the forum for your specific phone. I have thought about posting links, but there are so many phones and many have multiple options, it would be quite an addition. Easiest way is to go to the main forum and click your phone model. Unlocking/flashing instructions are usually right at the top.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyvepercenter (Post 1480055)
When looking up things to help with the glitchy bluetooth on my HTC TP2 I come across a lot of them.
AVRCP
A2DP
PAN

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyvepercenter (Post 1480087)
And just came across MSVC, all in relation to bluetooth issues

Updated with the new definitions for you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLM703 (Post 1481907)
I too would like to know this...? More so where would be the best place to begin learning how to preform a ROM dump of my current stock ROM, how to customize (cook) the ROM and create a .RUU.

More important than that, how do you "unlock" the phone. As in how do you mess around with SPL, HSPL, SSPL?

Where does Radio come into the equation?

I may be using terms incorrectly however, i am a noob.

Any and all help would be greatly appriciated. I just started to get into Unlocking/ROM's with my Imagio and I would love to learn how to do this on my own, in return I would be able to help others in the future.

Best place to learn is by browsing the forums here and over at XDA-Devlopers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/). It is hard to put anything definitive on questions like that because it all varies based on phone model and carrier.

Radio is what the phone uses to receive a signal, some ROM's have updated radios built in, but most do not, as the radio is usually carrier specific, and by leaving the radio unchanged the ROM will work across many carriers. Most of the time if you are looking to upgrade your radio it is a separate upgrade, and again phone and carrier specific.

Hope this helps! Sorry it took so long, haven't had much free time.

aTmBonfire 05-18-2010 05:33 PM

Could someone please tell me what is meant by a "curtain" as it pertains to the TP2 screen?

ChaosTheory 05-24-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aTmBonfire (Post 1760576)
Could someone please tell me what is meant by a "curtain" as it pertains to the TP2 screen?

The glossary has been updated. In relation to the TP2, from what I have seen it mainly refers to the deactivating the touchscreen.

If still unsure as to the meaning, please use the term in the context you are trying to figure out.

Please remember to hit thanks!

tryinghard 07-26-2010 11:43 AM

Great thread. Can someone tell me what a Stock is?