PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Thinking about getting an Iphone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151209)

Briskinn 10-31-2012 11:27 AM

Thinking about getting an Iphone

Hey Everyone,

I have been an Andriod user up to this point, but with my contract expiring I'm really thinking about making the leap to the Iphone. Up to this point in my life I haven't been much of a mac user in general. I have had an I-pad, and although I have been very happy with it I don't know if that's proof enough to switch my allegiance. I can understand why the Iphone was special when it first came out, but now is it really that much different than any other phone. Can somebody please tell me what makes the Iphone so unique?

JimP 11-30-2012 02:35 AM

Re: Thinking about getting an Iphone

I just got mine today after struggling with deciding among several Android phones.

I think in my case, I've not owned any Apple products (owned plenty of their stock)and thought it it'd be nice to try something that's essentially bullet proof.

I read a post on one of the other threads about having someone having one of the 5" phones and after putting a protective case on it, it resembled having a black flip flop next to their head when they go to use it. Very funny but did leave a permanent image of a black flip flop up to my head.

Although I wish Apple had made the iphone 5 a bit larger, I'm not so sure that beyond a certain point these phones aren't too large to be carrying around on your belt.

There is also a lot to be said about buying something that simply works. Yep the iphone 5 doesn't have a quad core processor but given how buttery smooth the screen works, I don't know that it matters. I think apple is very careful about what they allow to be put on their phone and for someone like me, that's a plus.

I think one of the things that turned me off about many of the Android phones is that their screens have that cyan/green look to them. As someone who likes accurate color, I'm sure that'll bug the begeebers out of me after a while. The iphone 5 has a nice neutral screen that can be made bright without looking distorted.

The iphone 5 also did well on the CNet/Molly Wood drop test. Much better than earlier versions.

So for now (and the next 2 yearsJ) it's the iphone. It'll be an interesting journey.

JimP 12-18-2012 07:29 AM

The camera in the iphone is somewhat remarkable. Works well in fairly low light, good video with audio, and that panaramic mode allows you to take hugely wide angle photos without the distortion normally associated to that type of photograph.

jannyss 12-26-2012 09:38 AM

iphone5 is still a good phone after these years

mlin 12-31-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeromederick (Post 2189431)
The retina display is something no other phone has and the fact it's the only phone to have it's very own way of adding media (iTunes). Even though retina display and siri isn't needed in most peoples daily lives but it is convenient.

Also it began as a music device so it's known for being great when it comes to music display and sound quality. Also apps only designed for Apple. I would also like to point out the camera has a stabilizer to help with shaking capturing a video. 8mp is very good but lot's of phones now a days have it. 1080p is full hd so that's impressive.

If you can tell the difference between 306 PPI and 326 PPI I'd be thoroughly impressed.

How does no other phone have their own way of adding media? Google play and Google music cone to mind as comparable in many ways and superior in others.

App selection is a tough argument to have anymore. The most popular apps are dual platform for the most part and for good reason; Android now holds 65% of the mobile market share.

Image stabilization, 8MP, and 1080 HD ate pretty common place nowadays and hardly a selling point.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

cafayzieg 02-04-2013 04:18 AM

yeah!!! I am waiting more useful information. You know, I want to buy a iphone, too. Thanks a lot.

lyeileen 04-09-2013 03:11 AM

Now, it isn't unique any longer.There are many new feature smartphones released in the market, but i still want to get one.

kingnba6 04-09-2013 02:51 PM

the iphone itself is the same thing for the past years. ive been running with them since the 2g and now have the 5. i like the iphone because of simplicity. droid has similar maybe even more features but at the end of the day all that matters to most people is looks and how useful it is. everybody has an iphone. at least with droid you still have different companies competing yo give a better product.

twist4funapp 04-30-2013 02:59 AM

It is really great phone. I love the design of this phone which is amazing to compare others company brands. I have use many phones but it is totally simple to use and has great OS.

nastu 05-28-2013 03:22 AM

iphone is great but android is also a good choice.