PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Sprint Iphone Evdo Only? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147822)

brack21 11-01-2011 07:00 PM

Sprint Iphone Evdo Only?

Does anyone know if the sprint iphone can be switched to evdo only mode. I'm in an area that has evdo, but the 1x is stronger and my phone always switches to 1x. My palm pre has the ability to switch to evdo only and it helps when tethering, so I was hoping that the iphone would allow you to switch to evdo only mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it does, I'll be purchasing the phone asap, if not, I'll have to wait until I can get a good evdo booster.

rainfreak 11-02-2011 02:13 PM

Re: Sprint Iphone Evdo Only?

Since I'm with Big Red, I don't know the answer to your question. I did do a little searching on some of the forums that I regularly check for Apple stuff and really didn't find an answer for you. Sorry.

brack21 11-02-2011 02:17 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Thanks for looking rainfreak, I appreciate the effort. I think I'm still going to take the plunge. Just waiting on some funds, although I've been reading about some battery issues with the 4s, so I may wait until its resolved.

rainfreak 11-03-2011 11:23 AM

You're welcome! I have heard the same issues regarding the battery life on the 4S, albeit not that common of a problem. I will tell you that Apple absolutely stands by their products, so if you are having problems, you will get good results.

Also, you could look at getting the iPhone 4 for the time being. I think Sprint still has a 30 day return policy on their devices, and it would give you time to get used to the iPhone while you wait for the battery issues to be resolved with the 4S models. Plus the iPhone 4 is cheaper than the iPhone 4S, so it could get you into one quicker :)

brack21 11-03-2011 11:29 AM

Ordering 4s now.

rainfreak 11-03-2011 11:41 AM

Good for you! Oh, and they have already found a fix for the battery issues!

Apple seeds iOS 5.0.1 to developers, ‘fixes bugs affecting battery life’ | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

That will be in the developer's hands for about a week or two and then it will be pushed out across the iPhone and iPad platforms. I know, I am a registered iOS developer :)

brack21 11-03-2011 11:47 AM

That's awesome thanks.

rainfreak 11-03-2011 12:03 PM

Anytime bro.

razcat64 11-09-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 2153691)
Since I'm with Big Red, I don't know the answer to your question. I did do a little searching on some of the forums that I regularly check for Apple stuff and really didn't find an answer for you. Sorry.

Just picked up a 4s for my wife can you tell me which forums u usually check for apple info??? Thanx in advance.

eric12341 11-09-2011 09:23 PM

They won't be able to fix the slow speed issues That's been plaguing iPhone 4S and other sprint users with a software patch. That's on sprints end.