PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   iPhone 4S on SPRINT - Questions... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147439)

djqwikcut 10-21-2011 10:00 AM

Re: iPhone 4S on SPRINT - Questions...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebuzz (Post 2151434)
I'm also stuck trying to decide if I should trade in my EVO 4G for the 4S. I'm not THAT anti-Apple, but you can't deny that they have sold so many for a good reason. The one thing I really don't like about my 4G and the new Androids is that they are too damn big! I have always felt that the iPhone was a better sized phone, and now that the 4S has a SIM card, it's an added attraction for overseas travel. I tried all the flashing of roms and so forth but found I aint such a tweeker after all. I'd rather just stick with something basic that works. The one think I may miss is all the hacked (i.e., free) Android apps I can get w/o paying.
Still confused and undecided, however!!!

Im still on my EVO 4G. I thought about going to the Iphone 4S but a smaller screen is what I dont like.. I know people said I wont miss the larger screen because the resolution is better BUT I just cant get my self to go to this. Also, I am told there is STILL NO JAILBREAK (UNTETHERED) for the 4S and that is holding me back. THINGS I do on my EVO can only be accomplished with a JAILBREAK. Since there are no WIDGETS for the IPHONE, a jailbreak allows me to get something that will work like TOGGLE WIDGETS for bluetooth, wifi, etc ....

also the fact that I am going from a 4G phone to a 3G phone.. Not that there is great 4G coverage where I live or work, but still, I am going backwards for a lot of money.. Close to $433 for the 32G with Apple Care

Riley 10-21-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebuzz (Post 2151434)
I'm also stuck trying to decide if I should trade in my EVO 4G for the 4S. I'm not THAT anti-Apple, but you can't deny that they have sold so many for a good reason. The one thing I really don't like about my 4G and the new Androids is that they are too damn big! I have always felt that the iPhone was a better sized phone, and now that the 4S has a SIM card, it's an added attraction for overseas travel. I tried all the flashing of roms and so forth but found I aint such a tweeker after all. I'd rather just stick with something basic that works. The one think I may miss is all the hacked (i.e., free) Android apps I can get w/o paying.
Still confused and undecided, however!!!

Good points ebuzz. I agree that the industry in general is moving to devices that are just too big. I still have an Evo 4g and 4.3 is already big imo. I can deal with it though but 4inch would be ideal imo. So 4inch or 4.3 with high resolution super amoled/qhd or HD screen and thinner would be ideal for me. Having said that, the iphone screen is simply striking at 3.5. There's no denying that.

violent31601 10-21-2011 01:18 PM

I think 4 gets to a point where it feels awkward in your hand... I guess that is something you get used to over time.

djqwikcut 11-26-2011 12:17 PM

I really thought about an iPhone for sprint but then I loaded mikrom and TouchPal keyboard on my evo and it is like I have a brand new phone which does more then the iPhone can.

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.