PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Apples Nov.16 announcement is.......... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137045)

InvincibleLiving 11-16-2010 02:22 PM

Re: Apples Nov.16 announcement is..........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perasite (Post 1996515)
The Beatles... seriously? The big announcement was that we could get 50 year old music? Ugghh.

rofl, what's up Perasite, havent seen you on here in ages!

GirlGoneGeek 11-16-2010 05:26 PM

yah good to see ya around perasite! I can't believe they made us think it was going to be a special announcement. Although, as bored explained the Beatles are special to some of us. Guess we should've known that if the whole world wasn't announcing the announcement, then it wasn't going to be about the iphone. I think it's always good to wish and hope it was though ;) no harm done!

Perasite 11-17-2010 10:17 AM

Thanks guys :) I still check in most days, but since I've moved to iPhone there's a lot less to say. I like having a phone that just works, where we don't have to have a team of chef's, developers and magicians to make it do what it should have done out of the box.

orangekid 11-17-2010 12:28 PM

yeah Apple just rickrolled everyone with that garbage.

Certs 11-17-2010 01:31 PM

LOL It wasn't meant for you, it was meant for the millions and millions of people who will download the music. I already have every The Beatles on my iPhone, but trust me its worth making a big deal over. If you consider this 'making a big deal,' I only saw notices and buildup on the homepage myself.

Dr.8820 11-17-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perasite (Post 1997218)
Thanks guys :) I still check in most days, but since I've moved to iPhone there's a lot less to say. I like having a phone that just works, where we don't have to have a team of chef's, developers and magicians to make it do what it should have done out of the box.

ouch yuma lol!

NIKKG 11-17-2010 05:14 PM

I guess the "announcement" will make all the old geezers cream their pants. I just don't see what the big deal is about this band from almost 50 years ago.

NIKKG 11-17-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perasite (Post 1997218)

I use to be the same way, when I had my TP1 & 2, I was on here all day trying to solve issues. After getting the iPhone, no issues or problems. I am now finally able to use the phone instead of constantly screwing with it and installing new roms everyday.

Certs 11-17-2010 05:33 PM

They already have 4 albums in the top 10, and one of those is a box set that costs 149.00

fozmsu 11-19-2010 10:59 AM

The fact that they are getting The Beatles on iTunes may not be a big deal to some, but The Beatles themselves still are a big deal today. They had a huge hand in the shaping of what music we listen to today. Many current artists list The Beatles as an inspiration in their lives and music. In many ways they are just as relevant today as they were "50" years ago. I would say this is a very big deal, but maybe not worthy of a hyped up presser though.