PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   To Transfer Phone Contacts to an Android Phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151580)

samirdmonte 02-04-2013 04:57 AM

To Transfer Phone Contacts to an Android Phone

1. It is best to first transfer contacts to a google account, such as bensphonecontacts@gmail.com. You can then very easily set your phone to sync with this account. Google accounts accept input as a .csv file. This process assumes that you are able to convert your old contacts data into .csv format.

2. Google will ONLY accept .csv files that are in google csv or outlook .csv format! It will not accept a file with slightly different field names or field names in the wrong order. To obtain this format, open your google account, type in a few contacts into google, and export the file as a google .csv document. Google .csv is a better format than outlook .csv

3. Then format your data using exactly the same field names and order as the google .csv document and import it into google. Unimportant fields may be left out.

4. If you have existing contact groups that you wish to import into google, you will first have to create those groups in your google account. Then rename every record in the group in your .csv file as follows: if your group name is “Family Friends”, then rename all records in this group with “* My Contacts ::: Family Friends”. Use the replace command to do this. Repeat for every group you have, and then import into google.

5. Field names are column names, if you need clarification.

6. More info: Google uses the ‘data pairs’ system to store phone numbers. This means that it uses two columns for each number, labelled “Phone 1 – Type” and “Phone 1 – Value”. The first stores the type of phone, which can be “Mobile”, “Home”, “Office”, or a few more values. The second column stores the number. This is better than the outlook format, which has many columns labelled Office Phone 1, Office Phone 2, and so on.

lupsanoiul 02-04-2013 11:04 AM

Re: To Transfer Phone Contacts to an Android Phone

It is a very easy task. You can do it . I will help you.

lennondevid 02-12-2013 01:36 AM

If you want to transfer your phone contacts to an Android smartphone for that you need to take your phone contacts backup on your PC then from that PC you can transfer your phone contacts on your Android phone easily. I hope this tips help you transfer your phone contacts on your Android phone.

beneteowen 03-09-2013 01:21 PM

Thanks for awesome information Samir.... It would be great if I had read your thread before one week because when I moved to Samsung Grand from iphone 4... I lost all my contacts. I have manually added all contacts after now I am saving all my contacts in my Gmail account so whenever I move to another phone, I don't face any problem.

adficientppcmgt 03-11-2013 09:38 AM

Thanks for sharing this kind of information Samir, I am really planning on transferring my contacts and thanks to you it would be easy now.

nastu 03-14-2013 03:40 AM

I think you can also try Free Mobile Helper. You can transfer apps, contacts, music and photos between two android device, two ios device, Android to iphone and iphone to android.

PatrickPeter 04-18-2013 07:25 AM

If you want to exchange your cellphone connections to a Android operating system smart phone for that you need to take your cellphone connections back-up on your PC then from that PC you can exchange your cellphone connections on your Android operating system cellphone quickly. I wish this guidelines help you exchange your cellphone connections on your android operating system cellphone . . . . . . . . . . .

Our involvement will extend your business | marketing services

visit us for professional growing

dvdriper2020 05-09-2013 03:29 AM

Android smartphones are more and more popular in the mobile phone market. Making calls, sending/receiving messages, recording happy moments, surfing the internet, and more can be done with an Android smartphone. Just like you need to backup important information on computer, it’s also necessary to backup Android text messages to PC for later usage. That is why Apolsoft Studio develops Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer. The professional Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer permits you to backup and restore messages on Android phone, and transfer the Android text messages to PC or Mac.

*Backup and save all your android phone PC or Mac
*View and edit exported text message on PC or Mac
*Restore SMS from Mac to android phone
*Phone port support:Android 2.1/Android 2.2/Android 2.3.x/ android4.0/android/4.1
*Transfer SMS into .db file and print it on Mac
*PC manage tool support txt,excel,csv export
*Support unlimited SMS backup&restore
*Export SMS to .db file on Mac
*Fast backup and restore speed
*Easy to us
Free down : Windows pcApolsoft Android SMS Transfer.zip
MAC Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer for Mac.zip
more: Transfer SMS for Android Phone - Apolsoft Index
http://www.apolsoft.com/images/index_clip_image002.jpg
http://www.apolsoft.com/images/screenshot%20(7).jpg
http://www.apolsoft.com/images/mac7.jpg

nastu 05-29-2013 04:16 AM

You can also use Free Mobile Helper to transfer your contacts, apps, music, photos and others on your pc to your android.
Just download Free Mobile Helper free at Free Mobile Helper,Free Android apps & IOS apps download and manage tool. firstly.

janicezoey 03-31-2014 11:45 PM

Below two article may give you some help to transfer contacts to an Android phone,
* How to transfer contacts from PC to Android phone
* How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android phone