PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Did you get your OTA update? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137172)

GirlGoneGeek 11-18-2010 12:47 PM

Did you get your OTA update?

The LG Optimus S has been issued a maintenance update bringing the software version of the handset to LS670ZV9.

The update contains the normal bug fixes and enhancements, but adds in one key feature: Swype.

More changes include:
Remote Wipe Command, Enhanced password policies, Set Out of Office messages from the device, Accept/decline/tentatively accept meeting requests from the device, Corporate directory contacts search while composing email, Delete Exchange Calendar meeting requests and notify participants from the device, Modifying an Exchange Calendar meeting request (change date/time, add/remove participats) and notify participants about the meeting modifications and adds Swype keyboard functionality as an option when entering text.

The update comes in from over-the-air, so you won’t need anything to get it.

ducylowycz 11-18-2010 03:32 PM

I did have it, however sprint pulled the update from my phone and it did not apply

When I went to install the software updated did not apply to the phone.
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

GirlGoneGeek 11-19-2010 07:42 PM

Re: Did you get your OTA update?

That's very strange. I wonder if it happened to more than just yourself?

stellanwick 11-21-2010 12:51 AM

Yes. Loving the Swype keyboard. This is by far the best Android phone I've owned thus far. Does everything I want it to do, including accurate voice dialing! Now if it only had the EVO's huge screen...

ducylowycz 11-25-2010 11:20 PM

Finally got to apply it, manually, but at least its there

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

xxxrobb 12-11-2010 12:11 PM

Hey guys, be careful with the OTA update, sooner or later they will be patching the tether workaround.

boredandtattooed 12-11-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxrobb (Post 2011656)
Hey guys, be careful with the OTA update, sooner or later they will be patching the tether workaround.

in case you havent noticed Re-Roots seem to happen about as fast as the ROOT itself.. so its not really an issue.... and besides, you could always PAY for your tethering app and youd have nothing to worry about..

BenC 12-12-2010 03:16 AM

When you say re-roots - that means that root is lost w/the OTA and you can root it again with Z4?

boredandtattooed 12-12-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenC (Post 2012028)
When you say re-roots - that means that root is lost w/the OTA and you can root it again with Z4?

Im saying new updates come out pretty fequently, even if minor.. Most of them break Root, hence why most people wait a few days for the right fix..

for those that do, its not like their permanently F'd.. within a few days usually a new ROOT method is provided for those that updated and lost the previous root...

so its up in the air... i just meant a new ROOT always shows up in little to no time... hell, a lot of devices are rooted before its even released or in the First day.... its not like winMO where it takes months sometimes to get unlockers..