PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Android APK Collection Round-Up (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125984)

GirlGoneGeek 06-21-2010 03:32 PM

16 Attachment(s)
OK so basically we don't have a centralized APK collection and it is not always easy to find apps/games/keyboards/utilities/themes/etc... So here is a thread we can use to upload all of our APKs.

I am putting a link to this post in General and Themes because this could apply to widgets/themes/apps/games/ whatever!

Post up your APK with a description of

1) name of program

2) if it's phone specific, and if it is, for which phone

3) if it is OS specific, and if so, which version/kernel

4) short description of what it is/does.

Now be very careful that you are uploading ONLY LEGAL APKs!!

No warez, nothing that you have to pay for anywhere, our zero-tolerance rules are in full force on this one. If you're not sure, search for it in the market/google and see if it is paid, if still unsure, ask before uploading it. This is for legitimate APKs for free things from the dev community to help our Android phones reach their full potential.

1) Wireless Tethering APK - used to tether your data connection via Wi-Fi, as far as I know works for any OS version on any phone, please report problems. note: MUST BE ROOTED.

2) Wired Tethering APK - used to tether your data connection via USB, as far as I know works for any OS version on any phone, please report problems. note: MUST BE ROOTED.

3. SG Clock Widget is a StarGate clock to put on your home screen. Package includes two widgets: small and large.

4. Camera Fun Free allows you to apply effects to the pictures you take with your Android device. This provides such effects as: Sepia, Sketch, Canvas, etc.

5. Mystic Clock is a clock widget that has 9 clock variants and goes to alarm clock once you tap it.

6. Fire Clock is a clock widget for the home screen designed as a fire flame with 10 different color variants available.

7. Photofunia I LOVE THIS! Photofunia is another online photo editing tool where you upload any photo and you have several options to create amazing images.

8. Tweetdeck is a twitter app that helps you stay up to date with all changes in the Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare and Buzz social networking services.

9. Kik Messenger is an Android app that lets you instantly and conveniently connect with your friends via real-time messaging. It allows you cross-platform messaging, so you can text the people who are using Kik Messenger.

10. Phone Finder makes your stolen or lost phone retrieve the GPS coordinates of its current location. You just need to send from someone else's phone an SMS with special format and your lost device will answer back to help you find it.

11. SMS Alarm is an application that allows monitoring of up to 3 numbers in the phonebook and activates an audible/visual alarm system in case of receiving SMS from these 3 contacts.

12. Pandora is a very unique radio to listen to. It analyzes your favorite songs and memorizes what categories you like.

13. Launcher Pro is a launcher application for android powered devices with 2.1+ platform. The app gives users more control over their launcher and adds more features.

14. SMS Backup - works on most devices. This app automatically backs up SMS messages to your Gmail account.

15. XmarkSync lets you import your Xmarks bookmarks into the Android browser.

Tweak_four17 08-08-2010 08:27 PM

Re: Android APK Collection Round-Up

Are theses stealth tethering? I'm with Telus and they charge $8 a megabyte to tether ..yikes

Oditius 10-21-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1828188)
1) Wireless Tethering APK - used to tether your data connection via Wi-Fi, as far as I know works for any OS version on any phone, please report problems. note: MUST BE ROOTED.

I installed and set it up, but can't access the internet. :(

Oditius 10-21-2010 02:19 PM

I must be doing something wrong, the tether still won't let me logon to the internet and swype keeps crashing. :-(

xlarkascendingx 10-26-2010 01:30 AM

How do i root my huawei ascend?

darren.wlsn1 10-26-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlarkascendingx (Post 1981365)
How do i root my huawei ascend?

odd place to ask but try google cause i cant find any answers.

xlarkascendingx 10-26-2010 02:15 AM

Well it says to root in order to tether

cmdauria 10-31-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlarkascendingx (Post 1981389)
Well it says to root in order to tether

Touche'

InvincibleLiving 11-17-2010 08:24 PM

This thread has great potential let's keep it alive!

teramin56 01-21-2011 11:36 PM

There's so much stuff in there already that personally, I don't think I'd feel compelled to replace the coupla things I chose to leave out, no replacements necessary, just go ahead and make it without

bookkeeping services