PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > demonlordoftheround

Notices

Conversation Between demonlordoftheround and chin00kie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. demonlordoftheround
    02-06-2011 04:37 PM - permalink
    demonlordoftheround
    Yes, that is entirely possible. You need a shortcut to the HTCCamera.exe. Use the file explorer and tap and hold on the new exe, then tap "Copy". Navigate to Windows/Start Menu folder and again tap and hold, but this time tap "Paste Shortcut". Now when you go to remap the button, you will be able to select the shortcut to the new file.
  2. chin00kie
    02-06-2011 03:48 PM - permalink
    chin00kie
    Thank you. My phone has been upgraded to WM 6.5 and a new kitchen ROM. I really like it and it is a new phone to me but the camera doesn't work. I have the HTCCamera file in windows but when I hit the camera button it tries to access the old camera file and that file no longer works. Your old post was really good but it mentioned a registry editor change that was over my head. I wondered if it would just be possible to remap the camera button to the HTCCamera file. Is that possible? Thanks for being there.
  3. demonlordoftheround
    02-06-2011 10:13 AM - permalink
    demonlordoftheround
    I might have to get my Mogul out of the drawer, so go ahead.
  4. chin00kie
    02-06-2011 10:00 AM - permalink
    chin00kie
    Thank you for your post on the HTCCamera file on the XV6800. I don't quite understand where and what change needs to be made in the registry. I'm an "old goat" but I'm eager to learn. This is all new to me. Can you help me out?