PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > [ACL]
Register Community Search

Notices

Conversation Between [ACL] and twobeaglesjtj
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. twobeaglesjtj
    10-10-2010 08:10 AM - permalink
    twobeaglesjtj
    I downloaded the new kernel 10/9, formatted the sd card, tried running wifi on winmo before booting android and even reflashed with current Energy rom, just because and it seems the incall issue is better but no wifi...says error...I used the correct modules and used the 9/17 rootfs but no go.....what is dmesg and how do I run it??? I'm out of ideas.....It weird because if I use the test 5 kernel, I get wifi fine............
  2. [ACL]
    10-08-2010 01:02 PM - permalink
    [ACL]
    Very strange. Can you have someone help you get a dmesg and logcat out of your phone when its acting weird. What build are you using?

WiFi rarely fails unless the modules are incorrect. Also do you have the latest rootfs ?

i'll try to help out as much as i can. but its hard when no one else reported issues with a rhod500.
  3. twobeaglesjtj
    10-08-2010 12:06 PM - permalink
    twobeaglesjtj
    ACL,
    ARRGGHH tought I should contact you as I am having problems running the newest Kernels on my Verizon,CDMA, Rhod500 TP2...Every time I install the new modules and zimage and reboot, I get error message on wifi, incall issues are more frequent and OS in just unstable....The only kernel that runs well and does not have any of those issues is the test 5 kernel here.....TESTING: global kernel with a lot of changes ... - xda-developers have tried reformat disk, using the startup utility, not using it and running haret from the andboot file etc. but no go...I have tried the latest kernel 10/7...same thing...but as soon as I put the test 5 kernel back in, it runs great....Any ideas on what's going on as I have heard a few other rhod500 users with similar issue? Any help would be appreciated...thanks!!!