PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > teradog
Register Community Search

Notices

Conversation Between teradog and DaveTN
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. DaveTN
    10-06-2010 08:56 PM - permalink
    DaveTN
    Hey bro, good to hear from you. School is intense but going well so far. Whoever thinks PA's are just "Dr. Wannabe's" really needs to take a walk in our shoes. We learn in two years what a doctor learns in four. So in my first week, I feel like I have learned three semesters of med school....intense.
    Quitting my perfectly good - although very streesful job - was quite a leap of faith but it will be weel worth it when I'm done. Right now I'm living on my wifes income and student loans (a lot of them) but the good thing is that many of the possible jobs I have when I get out of school will pay all or part of my tuition so I won't have as much loan $$ to pay back.
    Hope all is well for you and thanks for checking in on me.
    David
  2. teradog
    10-06-2010 06:01 PM - permalink
    teradog
    Hope school is going well for you my friend! You can never leave us! You'll be back... new ROM's tonight by the way... :>))
    Just can't understand how in this economy a guy can quit a job after 20 years especially... and start school! Amazing
  3. teradog
    09-02-2010 05:48 PM - permalink
    teradog
    I looked at it.. Unreal how nice it looks for an older bike! My Seca was recommended to me by an ex cycle racer, said it was the quickest thing on the market way back then.. I walked in with a pocket full of cash... fresh off the boats in Alaska (Deadliest catch back when it was actually difficult) I pretty much toasted the engine & then gave it to my bro, who's kid grew up, fixed it up some & rode it!! Ha! I use to run it in the red almost ALL the time. I'd get some hot rod pull up next to me & rev it up, as I turned my head to look @ the same time I'd pull in the clutch & crank the throttle, so as I was turning to look forward again i'd pop the clutch just enough to pull the wheel off about a foot or two & screeeeeeaaaam I was gone before they even figured out what hit them! LOL

Ahhh, now I just remember stuff (and forget)
  4. DaveTN
    09-02-2010 02:50 PM - permalink
    DaveTN
    Its a 550 actually. Very torquey and at 69hp, it ranks up there with bikes twice its size. Since its a shaf drive, almost all the power goes to the rear wheel which makes for quite an exhilerating ride. I've got a blog with lots of pictures at: http://xz550vision.spaces.live.com/
    I paid only $1.00 - you read that right - ONE dollar for it but it was a toatal basket case as you can see from the early pictures. Not bad for a vintage 1982 bike.

David
  5. teradog
    09-02-2010 02:08 PM - permalink
    teradog
    say what!? nice pic, but that's a 650?!! How old? How the heck? How's it in such perfect shape?