PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Treo Pro Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.21872 - CDMA ONLY (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93225)

delly47 11-02-2009 07:36 PM

Re: Updated! [OCT/29] MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.21872

this rom works well on a telus phone? no outstanding bugs?

raiderfan247365 11-02-2009 09:52 PM

ok thanks man, i think i did somethin like that when i changed my start menu icon on the touch pro 2.... out of curiosity do you run realvga?
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidhax (Post 1290958)
You have to open shellres.#.dll in a resource editor, and delete the waiting icon images. Solved.

gksmithlcw 11-02-2009 11:37 PM

I've found that the Option+OK key combo is not set in this ROM. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can get it set to Task Manager? TM doesn't show in the list of available apps in the Buttons applet...

darjin77 11-05-2009 01:38 AM

Bugs that I've found:
1.) When scrolling through contacts, all names get blurry except for the one that is highlighted. By blurry I mean its as if the contact's name is still in the same place on the screen, but another contact is in the same place as well (like writing your name on a piece of paper, then writing another name on top of that). As I scroll down, more names are moving to that same spot.
Also, when I scroll down towards contacts that are off the screen, it starts highlighting each one in blue as if they are selected.

2.) The alarm clock doesn't allow me to change the tone. Its a simple beep which does not even come close to waking me up in the morning. Also theres no way to have the alarm go off when the phone is on vibrate. Perhaps an Event line item for alarm could be added in Sounds & Notifications menu.

3.) Pressing X on applications is very slow.

TheDarkStranger2009 11-05-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darjin77 (Post 1299979)
Bugs that I've found:
1.) When scrolling through contacts, all names get blurry except for the one that is highlighted. By blurry I mean its as if the contact's name is still in the same place on the screen, but another contact is in the same place as well (like writing your name on a piece of paper, then writing another name on top of that). As I scroll down, more names are moving to that same spot.
Also, when I scroll down towards contacts that are off the screen, it starts highlighting each one in blue as if they are selected.

2.) The alarm clock doesn't allow me to change the tone. Its a simple beep which does not even come close to waking me up in the morning. Also theres no way to have the alarm go off when the phone is on vibrate. Perhaps an Event line item for alarm could be added in Sounds & Notifications menu.

3.) Pressing X on applications is very slow.

i think 3 is just nature of this phone. the UI is kinda bulky, i don tthink 6.5 was meant for treo pro. so ya everything runs kinda slow.

something else i noticed that runs slow.
when u first turn on ur phone. the time is behind from the las ttime you turned it off. it takes like a second or 2 to catch up to the real time for the big main clock display. nothign u can do bout it tho i dont think

TheDarkStranger2009 11-05-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkStranger2009 (Post 1281863)
okay thats what i thought. sounds good.
i flashed it since 8pm today. so its been almost 8 hrs ive had it.

1. email button doesnt work by default, its not set to anything, i set it to 'email'. works now
2. i think there is some roaming funky thing going on? its searching for signal a lot and its low in bunch of places. i think before it used to be low and high in most places. now it went from low (to searching) and from high (to medium) as a result of installing this rom.

i remember reading in some other threads or forums that theres some kind of bug where the phone will keep roaming or disconnecting from servers. are you sure thats not an issue in this rom?

i will give it a few more days maybe just the satellites were moving around near me who knows

i take back #2. i don thave a data plan. and i think what was happening. i would see it trying to connect to sprint vision and failing.

i had to remove that crap off the phone and now i think the phones just as good as before.

good job on the rom!

TheDarkStranger2009 11-05-2009 02:38 AM

donated, thanks!

keep up the good work!

aldburg 11-05-2009 06:48 PM

my phone is frozen. On boot up once it hits the main page it freezes. Sometimes freezes with it saying "windows PC synchronized today 2:16PM" Worked before but now I cant seem to get it to work. Everytime I do a soft-reset it freezes. Any ideas how to fix that?

Tel9000 11-20-2009 11:42 AM

Re: MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.21872 - CDMA ONLY

Acidhax,

Is the text autocompletion file you posted in one of your other roms the same as the one built in to this build of WM? Also, with this build, did you cook in the TreoRingerUpdate?

Thanks.

acidhax 11-20-2009 11:56 AM

Re: MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.21872 - CDMA ONLY

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tel9000 (Post 1346983)
Acidhax,

Is the text autocompletion file you posted in one of your other roms the same as the one built in to this build of WM? Also, with this build, did you cook in the TreoRingerUpdate?

Thanks.

No, I haven't touched this build in a while... I should put up a new version.