PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Treo Pro Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5! 1.54 FINAL Uploaded with Fixes. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84935)

veedubguru 09-19-2009 10:24 PM

Re: CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5!

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolcdj69 (Post 1178917)
Anyone know how to disable keyguard in wm6.5 (not wm 6.5.1) rom? Or auto-key guard? I don't see an option in there.

Posted this back on page 6.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=56

caseyatbt 09-19-2009 10:55 PM

Re: Problem with IE6 and RealVGA

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidck65 (Post 1179322)
I installed Ebag's RealVGA successfully immediately after flashing ROM. It seems to work fine except that it is causing IE6 not to run. It starts and then immediately closes. I installed Cody's IE6 toggle and if I switch to PIE it works fine but the flash enabled IE6 will not load. Anyone else have this issue and have a fix?

Same problem here. Also, my Resco File Explorer turned gray.

RealVGA looks great though.

ericmanoa 09-20-2009 08:00 AM

It seems that there are missing resources related to Internet Sharing and GPS in the 6.5 rom. As I've mentioned previously Internet Sharing does not offer the option to connect via either USB or bluetooth so you can't even get to the sprint connection(on my phone at least). As far as GPS, there is no option to turn on/off GPS as with the stock rom and the default seems to be that GPS is off. Has anyone else been able to get GPS/sprint navigation or Internet Sharing to work on 6.5? Thanks in advance!

GPS does work but still no way to turn on and off for battery savings or privacy. The only to tell if it is on is in the "phone" screen (green button) you can see the GPS icon in the upper right hand corner.

veedubguru 09-20-2009 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericmanoa (Post 1180350)
Has anyone else been able to get GPS/sprint navigation or Internet Sharing to work on 6.5? Thanks in advance!

Try this for the internet sharing. MIGHT work, not sure.

ericmanoa 09-20-2009 02:22 PM

I forgot to thank you for sending me that previously I did try it to no avail but thanks.

At least on my phone with 6.5, Internet Sharing doesn't even give you the option to 'connect' all you can really do is toggle back and forth between 'usb' and 'bluetooth PAN' so a hack won't really come into play yet.

Can any other users of 6.5 access Internet Sharing?

Thanks

cardenas5810 09-21-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1171629)
Here's a fix for the spinning dots otherwise knows as the dreaded "Windows wait cursor that won't die"! LOL

Download MWC3 from XDA, you'll find the link below. Once you install it, go into programs and start it by click on MWC3. Once it's running, go back into programs and select MWC3 config. Use the following settings.

Splash screen: off
Autostart: on
Boot delay: 4s
Cursor timeout 1s
Start delay: 0.9s

Then swipe your finger across the screen from right to left and choose the "Diamond White" cursor. Then hit the checkmark box at the bottom right.

What will happen is when the wait cursor is called for by Windows, it will wait .9 seconds and pull up the "Diamond White" cursor instead. Now remember that timeout you set at 1 second? That's when it will dissapear. That means it start's and stops in one tenth of a second. So at worst, you'll see it briefly flash on the screen and disappear. Most often, I never see it at all.

Beauty of it is, it runs as a service so you won't see it in task manager. It will auto start with Windows after soft resets. And it appears to use very little memory. In fact, since I've installed it in this manner the device runs faster. I SWEAR! :) When I'm using file explorer, it flys. Try going in to your windows folder and see how fast it opens. Apparently the "Spinning dots" bug was actually slowing this thing down! :D

SPECIAL THANKS TO MARSHALL07 @ XDA FOR THIS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN PROGRAM!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497196
Or on his own site here:
http://www.marshallskins.ilbello.com.../downloads.php

thank you i was looking for this!!

housej55 09-23-2009 09:04 AM

Anyone having a problem with Media player playing older videos from the old 1.04 ROM ?

For Roaming, anyone know what the difference between Automatic A and Automatic B is?

Thanks in advance,

doubleu 09-24-2009 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i haven't seen Activesync do this in a looong time (pocketpc 2003 days?), but how do you get rid of the tray icon for the activesync/usb connection on the device?

koolcdj69 09-26-2009 06:39 PM

Hello I can't connect to data connection anymore after this ROM! When i start up internet explorer it says "Connecting: Phone As Modem Dialing #777" even though before the ROM upgrade it used to say "Connecting: Powervison #777".
Now it is only connected on like text messages and calls but no internet. Please help!

luv2drum 09-28-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsDon (Post 1171304)
If I am running SPB Mobile Shell 3 on my phone and like it (I do) is there any real reason to load 6.5 (or 6.5.1)? My phone is running great now (actually it always has) and SPB MS pretty much hides everything Microsoft. I was a HUGE fan of flashing my Touch pro (did it 2-3 times a week between MightyMike, Juicy, Silence!) and loved the thrill of it all but almost always ended up back with WM6.1 because it just 'worked'.

Other than the 'thrill' does 6.5 offer any real benefits for the Treo Pro? If it didn't introduce any new bugs and fixed some existing ones (better battery, missing first letter of SMS etc.) I'll be all over it.

This question was never answered and it's the same situation I'm in. Can anyone give some insight as to the benefits of 6.5 over 6.1 with SPB Mobile Shell 3? Thanks!!