PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: ALLTEL

wolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfordtw
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

has anyone gotten the us networks to work in automatic mode or does anyone have a solution to do so?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

billyburly is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
what is this? - this package unlocks your Sprint phone and will enable it to use a US SIM card on a US network in your device - if you flash a non-supported (non-patched) radio over a supported one (as below), you will lose the ability (a reflash will restore it easily of course).

if you have a Verizon or Telus model, you will not need this.

WU means Worldphone Unlocked, look out for the WU on all radio
firmwares to indicate whether it's been patched as unlocked or not! (WV = locked.)
this first radio version is 2.05.00WU and the second one is 1.96.00WU, for people who had issues with 2.05.

YOU MUST BE SECURITY UNLOCKED IN ORDER TO USE THIS!!!- if you are not Security unlocked, you will get a Flash Write Error.

DOWNLOAD BELOW:

1. 1.96.00WU (Sprint stock edited) -> this is the recommended version!!!
2. 2.05.00WU (USCC test edited)

again all the important notes to use this:
1. you must be security unlocked to flash this, see link above!!!!
2. the patch will not stay if you flash another radio but we'll release patched versions for other radios from time to time (for newest radios).
3. when you flashed the radio, you need to make sure to be in GSM mode (GSM SIM inserted of course ), and if automatic network selection doesn't work, use manual selection in phone/options to register on the network.
you say that i do not need this on a verizon phone. however the verizon radios are WV radios. does that mean that if i want to use a US SIM card i need this radio? or can i use a US SIM even though my radio is a WV radio. (i have my phone unlocked via verizon)
Old 11-10-2009, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dkd711 is just getting started

If I unlock a Tmobile GSM version TP2 will it work on Sprint CDMA? SInce from all this reading the TP2 can be unlocked to World phone mode to support both CDMA/GSM.

Or did I just get totally lost...

Thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

drurc8 is becoming a great contributor

No, T-Mobile TP2 has only GSM cellular network, not CDMA. Verizon and Sprint TP2 both built in CDMA and GSM network. So, T-Mobile TP2 can only use GSM sim network card.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyburly View Post
you say that i do not need this on a verizon phone. however the verizon radios are WV radios. does that mean that if i want to use a US SIM card i need this radio? or can i use a US SIM even though my radio is a WV radio. (i have my phone unlocked via verizon)
The reason a verizon phone wouldn't need this is because when you get the sim unlock code from Verizon, the us gsm bands work on that phone. The sprint phone was already sim unlocked but they blocked us gsm bands which is why we needed the patched radio. Makes sense??
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 11-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Telus radio was wide open after sim unlock code was entered as well.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Hey juggalo.

I have an Unlocked Telus TP2 that I use Fido sim on. What radio should i flash?
I currently have the 1.87.00WV but drains my battery in ONE DAY with Normal Use of my phone. Plus it doesnt lock well on GPS and doesnt have good Reception (Again, I am using Fido)
Old 11-11-2009, 09:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: metropcs

tosh1 is a n00b

Hello guys just wanted to see if there is anyone else with ATT that is still having issues with data connection and even keeping it on ATT network itself. Everything from unlocking to putting this radio patch went fine. My phone will see ATT for a while and if I have low signal, it goes away and then I have no service to ATT anymore. I have to re-register it again and then go through the whole GSM/Manual and then pick ATT again. Always a hassle.

Then I still can't get the data to work. Is it because I am using Energy ROM? Should I switch back to Sprint ROM? I tried all the suggestions for Data on ATT but to no avail. Anyone else have Energy ROM on ATT and everything works with this radio?
Old 11-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: ALLTEL

wolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfordtw

has anyone gotten the us networks to work in automatic mode or does anyone have a solution to do so?
Old 11-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=tosh1;1320806]Hello guys just wanted to see if there is anyone else with ATT that is still having issues with data connection and even keeping it on ATT network itself. Everything from unlocking to putting this radio patch went fine. My phone will see ATT for a while and if I have low signal, it goes away and then I have no service to ATT anymore. I have to re-register it again and then go through the whole GSM/Manual and then pick ATT again. Always a hassle.

I'm using Sprint stock ROM and have the same issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development