PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Can anyone on the newer builds confirm whether or not 'Conference Mode' is present in the dialer? (More specifically 29017 April 15th Builds)

It was missing in the dialer on the Sencity April 8th 29017 ROM and because I do not use Blue-tooth (the issue the dialer was changed to correct hang up issues) I went back to the March 28th build.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

I flashed to the April 8 Touch of Glass 29017 ROM and am having problems connecting via bluetooth to my TomTom 930.

I did not have that problem with the previous versions with the Widcom stack or I believe the first MS stack, but it seems that changing dialers and using the MR1 stack is not working with my TT

I will try the new 15th ROM and see if that works better.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

kots is just getting started

I just flashed the April 15 29017 Standard. This is the best ROM so far. Bluetooth headset is very responsive (no issue with redial and hangups anymore). The overall experience is very responsive. Great job on this. I know your previous Energy ROMs were leaps and bounds ahead over the stock ROM but this one is just WOW. I can't take you enough. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
Can anyone on the newer builds confirm whether or not 'Conference Mode' is present in the dialer? (More specifically 29017 April 15th Builds)

It was missing in the dialer on the Sencity April 8th 29017 ROM and because I do not use Blue-tooth (the issue the dialer was changed to correct hang up issues) I went back to the March 28th build.
"Conference Mode" is a function of Leo dialer.
The original Rhodcdma dialer that is cooked from 8th april roms hasn't it.
So, if you want it you have either to use a march rom or to install the dialer in my signature.

Leo dialer was not removed to fix bluetooth issues.
It was removed because MSL and landscape were not working (only few people needs MSL, and only few people use phone in landscape to make calls). The original Rhodcdma dialer was cooked since has both these functions workings. Leo dialer has other functions (Conference Mode, contact pictures).

Bluetooth issues were fixed using Verizon MR1 BT stack.

Someone needs to test if bluetooth works well installing Leo dialer (from my signature). At the moment we don't know if bluetooth will work well with leo dialer, or it will break it.
A user reported bluetooth working with leo dialer, but the hang seemed slower.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
I can confirm that the default pagepool for the Apr 15 29017 ROMs is 0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
That's Not good. I will confirm Page Pool 0. I went with the non cookie version and I am adding cookie 1.8.5 later. So far so good. Running Sync on the phone and it feels faster. I installed new version of my mobiler and that is certainly faster. Tried Opera, seems ok. Only had 8 MB ram available, then the magic PP of 0 kicked in and it doubled as I watched, now have 16mb.
Sorry guys for the delay all. Added April.15 to the wiki for the "unofficial" changelog. Added the fact that PP is set to 0 for this set, also per NRGZ's tweet. Appreciate the heads up and confirmations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
In my experience, the "Energized" XDA_UC does not function like the standalone version. It was very frustrating in the beginning cuz I was previously using MR & had a setup that took me lots of time to learn & put together, only to find I couldn't use it here. I'm used to it now, although there are some features (like installing to SD Card)
Ahh yes. This was added to the wiki some time ago to emphasize the fact that NRGZ XDA_UC is not like the stock version, he also mentions this in his first few posts. Ran in to the same problem you did.

I will do a shameless plug and mention that I use the S4X @ XDA to sort of bypass some of the shortcomings of this version of XDA_UC. See my signature if you are interested. I help maintain the project as well.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
Old 04-17-2011, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post

Conference mode IS AVAILABLE via the Sprint and Verizon stock dialers. We just don't have the icon button that the Leo dialer has as mentioned by Monfro. If one skims the user manual for Sprint and Verizon, you access conference mode via the FLASH function. This is how I use to do it before I used Energy ROMs. Guess I'll mention this on the wiki shortly.

HOWEVER, it appears to be broken with how the Sprint MR1 BT + stock dialer are currently baked. I have confirmed it along with a few others if you are on Sprint's network. I have PM'd NRGZ about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
I flashed to the April 8 Touch of Glass 29017 ROM and am having problems connecting via bluetooth to my TomTom 930.

I did not have that problem with the previous versions with the Widcom stack or I believe the first MS stack, but it seems that changing dialers and using the MR1 stack is not working with my TT

I will try the new 15th ROM and see if that works better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kots View Post
I just flashed the April 15 29017 Standard. This is the best ROM so far. Bluetooth headset is very responsive (no issue with redial and hangups anymore). The overall experience is very responsive. Great job on this. I know your previous Energy ROMs were leaps and bounds ahead over the stock ROM but this one is just WOW. I can't take you enough. Thank you!

The side effects of having the Sprint MR1 BT stack + stock dialer to fix the BT hangup seem to possibly outweigh the issues of non working conference call mode (via Flash button) and other connect+A2DP items. I have asked NRGZ if he could bake a special test release using the Verizon MR3 BT stack + MR3 dialer to see if that helps... no feedback yet.

Fixing the BT hangup issue appears to be a FUNCTION of using the combo of the *same* BT stack and dialer from a MRx release. I can only assume it is some registry settings and a DLL that better handle the #777 data suspend mode. The ONLY reason the recent ROMs do the BT hangup is because NRGZ baked the same BT stack and dialer from Sprint MR1, when prior attempts at only including the MR1 BT stack itself was not enough.

Overlaying the Leo dialer mod apparently may not override whatever DLL/registry handles the data suspend as someone mentioned that installed it and the BT hangup still works. As Monfro discussed, we need a few more people to confirm that.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
This may be my last days in this forum. I got several WP7 phones given to me this week and I have to say that I am liking it much more than I thought I would. Please feel free to PM me if I can help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Thanks guys. I have a few more ROM flashes left in me before I go, but I do go sadly.
Many thanks for your contributions to this community! Hope you'll poke around every so often

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
An incredible loss to the WM6 folks but a wonderful gain for those running WM7.
+1 - much agreed...
Old 04-17-2011, 10:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ShowYouHow is becoming a great contributor
April 15 20917 Energy 2.5 Cookie 1.8.5 review (bug?)

I'm not crazy about Cookie 2.0 (but I do wish Sencity new version was out there by now) - so I was thrilled to see Energy.RHODCDMA.29017.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Apr.16 .7z

I did Task29 and then flashed it. No other installs (and if I'm understanding, for Sprint TP2, Provisioning cab wasn't needed to be run)

Problems I found are:
Texts are intermittently not going through, and sometimes, threads are out of time order
Opening "All Messages" in Win view - the "compose area" is off the screen in both portrait and landscape modes. Forcing Soft keyboard seems to correct that though.
Dialing a phone number shows "Dialing" but it never actually connects. This has happened a lot, but no pattern noticed.
In Opera, the soft "Eject" button used to get to EXIT - results in very long, erratic constant vibrate

I can't state on BT -as I don't have any BT devices. Any others? (or those with a better 1.8.5 version?) Perhaps it's a 29017 issue?
For now, I suppose I'll try the latest Energy NON cookie 29017.
Thanks for keeping these roms in the buffet!

EDIT: I did run PagePool update to 18 before flashing

Last edited by ShowYouHow; 04-17-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Left out one customization
Old 04-18-2011, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

WM build 29018 is out...so i think that in a few NRGZ will release new roms.

I have to trim Leo dialer...removing things already included in EnergyRom, to have a smaller file...

Seems like i can't remain forever on 30 march rom (latest with Leo dialer cooked)

EDIT:
Seems like there will be 4 more new WM builds in a few, not only 29018

EDIT2:
I have uploaded V2 of Leo dialer.
Some files already cooked in EnergyROM (that are the same in CDMA and LEO dialer) were removed from cab, so now the installation file is lighter and some space on internal storage is saved (V1 is 2.42mb; V2 is 1.93mb).

Last edited by Monfro; 04-18-2011 at 10:24 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch on Boost
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IOReCKI is just getting started

i know ive seen it somewhere but cant find it with the search option.

i want to use ## codes and not sure how to find the stock dialer ?

apparently the sense dialer doesnt let me punch in the ## codes....

is there another way to do it...?

can someone please help or atleast link me so i can research myself...thanx

disable sense dialer or find stock dialer....ty in andvance

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development