PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Right now I am on travel in El Paso which is extremely close to the border and my phone will go back and forth on international calling and roaming and I can not turn it off. In the stock sprint rom all you had to do was go to the communication manager, press the phone button, then press cdma services tab, then press Roaming, press get settings, the change option to Sprint Only. Is there a way to fix this back to these options for sprint? In NRG's when you do these steps the roaming options are for changing the ring tone associated with roaming. Thanks

** I may have blindly figured this out. Navigating the same way into phone settings you can select an option not on stock for Preferred Serving System that gives you an option of Home Only vs Standard that may serve as the same function. I will test out today and post back.
Go to :
Start>settings>personal>phone>networks and use the drop down to switch your phone to "CDMA only".

It should take care of it (famous last words )
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel

cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Thanx a lot NRG for 2900X series ROM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:08 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkraze View Post
not to down the rom or anything but i have been noticing that after all this time with the phone, how come its not perfect yet? I mean all i keep seeing in almost every post is nothing but problems with this phone. wheres the good stuff
Simple answer... out of the thousands of people that use my ROM, only a handful have "problems" and those are the only people that actually post. Rarely you will see someone get on here, JUST to say the ROM works with no problems.

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Simple answer... out of the thousands of people that use my ROM, only a handful have "problems" and those are the only people that actually post. Rarely you will see someone get on here, JUST to say the ROM works with no problems.
Just wanted to say the rom works great, even DRM ( Aug 18 23567 lol).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
just wanted to say the rom works great, even drm ( aug 18 23567 lol).
lol
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:56 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I do not think there is a WM ROM in the world that does not have some issue. For that matter, this is true of the iPhone and Android as well.

Your ROMs are a huge leap forward from stock. If it is not said enough, thanks for doing your thing...

ND

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 03-06-2011 at 09:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Alrighty guys so, so far I've replaced the slider in Sense so it doesn't seem cutoff anymore. Only noticeable in the regular Cookie ROMs... Replaced the dialer with the one Monfro suggested to see if the inability to answer calls goes away. I've also adjusted the MMS settings, so running that energy_sprint cab shouldnt be necessary anymore. Gonna post a new ROM on hotfile in a couple hours. let me know how it works please. Just look for the Mar 6th ROMs
Are you going to redo all of the ROMS?

Thank you very much for all of your work!

Being on the "bleeding edge" of ROM development really takes a genius touch.

Even HTC and MS can't even make a perfect ROM and you are far beyond them!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Are you going to redo all of the ROMS?

Thank you very much for all of your work!

Being on the "bleeding edge" of ROM development really takes a genius touch.

Even HTC and MS can't even make a perfect ROM and you are far beyond them!
Well as soon as all the modifications requested are done... Then I'll build all of them again.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:10 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

NRG .. you the man... thanks for all the time you've spent in here in the last couple days!

Biodatboi was going to send you a BT headset 1/2 year ago... powinmo has one ready to go (BT headset).. many people would be VERY happy, if you looked into the BT hangup issue, your ROM issue or not... powinmo has some interesting well thought out ideas below
Also:
Summary
#30767 ,#30772, #30776 ( I do concur on this!!!... powinmo made a mortscript I believe, but thinking it use to work long ago...??)

bump..
Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
@NRGZ: ND's first issue is slightly similar to another issue I've had since 29007 (even on the current Feb.27 28xxx ROMs). During boot up it hangs on the HTC Sense loading screen due to the ordering of the startup lnk's. If I reorder them using SKTOOLS... eg, I put arkswitch.lnk last then the home page comes up. Otherwise, I have to power off/on the screen to get the home page to paint.

Can you look in to a slight reorder or add in a minor delay (which I did see some attempt in your mortscript front end to it) in arkswitch loading? I have this happen on at least a half dozen devices on each reboot. Note that the only 3 things that get added in to my startup up are winmospeed, s2u2, and quick menu lnk shortcut - so no real surprises for me.

His 2nd item is, IMHO, likely due to the 28xxx build as Bing binaries have not changed in more than 6 months.

Sprint default provisioning, in general works fine for me, and the half dozen or so sprint/boost TP2s I help maintain.

However, I made an update to your energy_sprint.cab. The current sprint provisioning updates the send/receive MMS limit to 5gb for the sprint servers themselves, but did not update the Arcsoft UI limit - which is set to a 1mb max. In this post, I updated the Arcsoft registry entries to 5mb and requested if it could be placed in future ROMs:

Other items for me:
1. Outlook contacts "red" menu options is still there
, which existed since Jan 29007 ROMs. The folks in the Leo or GSM RHOD XDA forums listed a quick fix / cabs for the png files to fix it.

2. I posted about an update to your alternative start menu handling... please see if any of this could be usable for the ROM:

3. Bluetooth. Personally I think the problem exists even on stock Sprint ROMs. If you have a Verizon TP2, it would be curious to see if you can validate it on stock roms as well:

Supposedly Verizon MR3 (or maybe MR2) claims to have fixed this, and it would interesting to see if we can figure out what we need to do to get it in the general CDMA ROM.

Also, I sent a PM a while back. If you do not have BT headset, please PM me and I have brand new Nokia BT900 series I (unopened) I can let you have for your personal/testing needs.

4. CHT185.
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND GREAT: please release Feb.27 with CHT1.8.5 or allow your auto build to create them on your next release. PRETTY PLEASE. CHT2000 is still too buggy IMHO.
The friggin quick link random reordering and CHTE command line import bugs, even though it's been posted numerous times in their appropriate threads on XDA since Nov 2010... have STILL not be even ack'd by the devs. And those issues are absolutely annoying for a bunch of us.

6. Once DFT is back up and available, do you think you'll try out any of the purported 290xx newer releases or just stick with 28xxx since you mentioned all that you plan to do now are tweaks and app updates?
Quote:
someone forgot one key word... Windows... anyone had issues with MS Windows before? LOL!

Another thing no one mentioned... even if Windows was perfect, the hardware was perfect & and ROM was perfect... there's still a certain percentage of lazy people that wouldn't bother any effort or reading... & even if they did... some just shouldn't own a tiny handheld device that can do voice video & data wireless... something unthought of 20 years ago.. simply not enough brains to comprehend... that's why they made the iPhone! lol

Quote:
I just made the Sprint provisioning cab the default provisioning for the ROM out of the box from now on. I obviously have no way to test it as I have a Sprint TP2 with no service on it... but maybe you guys can send me feedback on that the next time a ROM is released
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
I installed March 6 29007 this morning using my usual setup OC'ed to 748 using wimospeed. Removed the energy_sprint cab from my xda_uc folder per NRG's comments. Everything seems solid, the new dialer works fine although I never had the problem answering calls reported by others. I received mms without problems but have not yet tried sending any. I did have the screen freeze once (Not SOD), where the touchscreen is totally unresponsive. However was able to resolve this by turning the screen off then back on. So based on very preliminary observations seems to be solid. Will report back with any interesting observations. Thanks for sticking with us NRG!
Thanks tons t-bob!! T-bob, do your ## keys work?
Thousands of people on NRG ROM's & only one that's DL'd today & reported back?! Anyone else? (especially sprint?)
Attention! Please look at these post numbers in this post.. #30749. if they are yours & you don't respond, we'll A$$ume they are fixed! If you want your issue looked at let him know.

Last edited by teradog; 03-06-2011 at 10:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:25 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcire View Post
Is there a registry edit for QuickGPS to automatically update after expiring? I have the settings correct with the boxes checked to update, yet it never does unless I manually update them

Also, I am having troubles with the hardware keyboard being unresponsive. Half the time I try to use the phone, I am forced to slide it shut and hit the power button. Then i need to hit the power button again, and unlock the phone and the hardware keyboard works again.

I set this durring XDA_UC and it seems to work for me.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\QuickGPS]
"actSync"=dword:00000001
"auto"=dword:00000001
"roaming"=dword:00000001
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development