PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 10:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Trailblazerman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 18| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtjohnst View Post
I just tried Energy Rom for the first time (I used the 23678 CHT Energy one), and WOW! Blazing fast, lots of RAM to spare, and wicked eyecandy! I should've fired it up a long, long time ago.

I have one quick question, since I was using the default Windows screen before (you know, the ugly one, not any of the Sense UI's)... I have my Exchange account set up with activesync for push, I have my hotmail account coming in via "Live" for push...and my gmail...welll....
I use the exchange sync protocol for Gmail and it works fine. Here's how to set it up:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=138636

Use 'user@gmail.com' instead of 'user@googlemail.com' and you should be good to go. Task syncing does not work as mentioned in the page.

Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:18 AM
dtjohnst

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 18| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazerman View Post
I use the exchange sync protocol for Gmail and it works fine. Here's how to set it up:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=138636

Use 'user@gmail.com' instead of 'user@googlemail.com' and you should be good to go. Task syncing does not work as mentioned in the page.

Hope this helps.
I'm already using exchange activesync for my exchange server. My problem isn't getting mail, it's deleting it from the HTC Mail Tab.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Better put on your nomex flame retardant suit son. Your'e in for a hot night tonight.
I got one of those....
Old 08-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I loaded up Aug 18 "Standard Energy" 23678 yesterday and I'm loving it! So far everything is working great and it is exceptionally fast for me overclocked at 710. I stuck with NRG's cooked in pagepool and start out with 73mb of 177 free.

Some things I've noticed in particular: Rotating the HTC album and mysic tab is FAST - like my iPlod Touch FAST. Launching prograns is very quick.

While I miss all the cool features of the CoOckie ROMS, I think I can live with this one for a while.

Again, flawless setup for me (no task29 either) and everything was working out of the box. Text, Data, weather, phone, etc. Great Job NRG.

Since I'm using a non-cookie ROM, I may play around a bit with some taskbars and other themes and see if I can come up with something to show NRG.

Daivd
NOOOOOOOO. Don't leave us! (The Cookie 23xxx folks)
Come back to the COOKIE
Old 08-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIVisionII View Post
I restored the phone to before i installed the mms cab and then provisioned it. Seems to be working OK so far now. Thanks for the help.
Glad to hear that the suggestion to go back and provision the phone worked for you.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by encore18 View Post
I just loaded this rom, and have used energy roms in the past and have always been impressed. For some reason my phone is constantly sending data with this newest rom, Its slowing my phone down and the data is really sloooww.. What could be wrong?
What rom are you on? Are you sure that it's constantly sending data and what makes you think it's doing that? After you flashed did you do another hard reset and then provision your phone and set things up? Are you on the stock pagepool? Personally I don't think your having a constant data connection unless you have set something up that would be doing that, there is no other reason for it do do that. And this is not been proven but letting the rom run a couple of days usually things settle down and run smoother and get better battery life, so if I was you I would hard reset the phone and then set everything back up and let it run a couple of days and then report back if you are having issues that won't go away.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Android Soldier

Re: HELP!!!! International Roaming not working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkappeli View Post
HELP!!!

I just arrived in Paris and my phone is not picking any networks. I went and set the phone to only use GSM and still nothing.... What could this be? Could this have something to do with using Energy ROM.... Do i need flash a different radio... I dont have much time till I lose WiFi again... Any help would be much appreciated!...... Thank you!

I just tried manually selecting GSM band and nothing!!

EDIT:: So I task29 with the newest VZW radio 2.35. Then I downloaded the stock rom and still not getting service... WTF.... any ideas?
bro you are not going to pick up a GSM network unless you get a GSM sim card and install that into the phone and then either choose global or GSM as the network and no it has nothing to do with the rom, I just left iraq and had a local sim card in my phone and could get service, albeit crappy signal but i did get it.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff
Re: HELP!!!! International Roaming not working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkappeli View Post
HELP!!!

I just arrived in Paris and my phone is not picking any networks. I went and set the phone to only use GSM and still nothing.... What could this be? Could this have something to do with using Energy ROM.... Do i need flash a different radio... I dont have much time till I lose WiFi again... Any help would be much appreciated!...... Thank you!

I just tried manually selecting GSM band and nothing!!

EDIT:: So I task29 with the newest VZW radio 2.35. Then I downloaded the stock rom and still not getting service... WTF.... any ideas?

NOt sure if this is your first time out of the country, but your account should be set to block INTL roaming by default, you must call to have them take it off IIRC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtjohnst View Post
I just tried Energy Rom for the first time (I used the 23678 CHT Energy one), and WOW! Blazing fast, lots of RAM to spare, and wicked eyecandy! I should've fired it up a long, long time ago.

I have one quick question, since I was using the default Windows screen before (you know, the ugly one, not any of the Sense UI's)... I have my Exchange account set up with activesync for push, I have my hotmail account coming in via "Live" for push...and my gmail...welll....

I used to use Seven Beta, but I don't really need my Gmail to push. So I set it up to check every 15 mins as an IMAP account. Here's the thing, if mail comes in and I check it on the HTC Mail Tab, I can often tell when it's not something I want. But if I hit "menu" and then "delete", it only deletes it from my device, not the server. So next time it syncs (whether I hit "send/receive" or wait the 15 mins), that same message comes in again. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere so that deleting form the HTC Mail Tab deletes it from the server? If I hit the inbox softkey and then delete, everything works fine...it's just if I delete from the HTC mail tab...

Thanks!
I have the same issue where if i check email it keeps bringing up past emails and i have to keep deleting them, i have checked all my settings and made sure that it's supposed to delete them from the server, but it's not working, and it takes a while to download my emails, i'm using the imap service also, this is the first rom of NRG's that has done that all the others have worked like they are supposed to, it's not a huge deal since i know he's going to update the roms soon so i'll just deal with it for now, but if i find something that works i'll post it.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
NOOOOOOOO. Don't leave us! (The Cookie 23xxx folks)
Come back to the COOKIE
lmfao don't worry Dave's not going to far and will be around to help those that need help, he's just trying a new rom for a while is all, maybe if we offer him some milk to go with his COOKIE he will come back to us lol.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development