PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

mamba2010 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Hello everyone
My HTC Touch Pro 2 for Sprint wont charge from power outlet only from usb cable connected to my pc. But it will ask me everytime I plug it in into the power outlet what I would like to do Active sync or other 2 options, but will not charge.
It is so strange I tried almost every Rom out there and it only charges with official sprint rom, any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Old 08-14-2010, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Thanks, I might just do that. I noticed that NRG's 4th post is for "user added faq's" but is still blank. If he'd be willing, I could write up something and update it as needed.
You may also want to look at the post teradog did (he linked to his post in one of his others) several pages back. It is VERY informative and blows away my "quick faq's". I think the combination of the two, as well as other tips that we've all picked up along the way would be very useful to fill that little void thats been empty for a few months.
DaveTN, looks like you've been very active in helping a lot of folks around here. I've been a lurker for a while watching this thread and the GSM over at XDA for Energy ROM TP2 issues. It's been a challenge keeping track of FAQs, current issues, solutions etc in both threads. I noticed some folks over at XDA created a separate wiki for all Energy ROMs that is severely underutilized because it is rarely advertised.

I also noticed that PPC has their own wiki portal for ROMs:
http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?title=Category:ROMs

May I kindly suggest that the more experienced CDMA Energy ROM users consider starting an entry there? Consolidate your FAQs, especially ones specific to CDMA users of these TP2 ROMs there?

I've created a sample one if this is amenable to most folks:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...nofficial_Wiki

If not, please please please feel free to create a new one or modify the structure as needed. Again, it's just a starting point. Just to note I do maintain Mediawiki's for my team at the the day job, so I'm familiar with the syntax, etc.

I hope we all can support some kind of more centralized place for info instead of struggling through these massive threads. I'll update my sig later if the wiki thing takes a more solid form. I'm also willing to help paste / organize some info from this thread in to there with the original poster's permission (assuming they are still active on PPC).

Appreciate everyone who helps others and keeps things moving along.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba2010 View Post
Hello everyone
My HTC Touch Pro 2 for Sprint wont charge from power outlet only from usb cable connected to my pc. But it will ask me everytime I plug it in into the power outlet what I would like to do Active sync or other 2 options, but will not charge.
It is so strange I tried almost every Rom out there and it only charges with official sprint rom, any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Sounds like it may be a bad ac charger or possibly damaged pins in the connector.

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
DaveTN, looks like you've been very active in helping a lot of folks around here. I've been a lurker for a while watching this thread and the GSM over at XDA for Energy ROM TP2 issues. It's been a challenge keeping track of FAQs, current issues, solutions etc in both threads. I noticed some folks over at XDA created a separate wiki for all Energy ROMs that is severely underutilized because it is rarely advertised.

I also noticed that PPC has their own wiki portal for ROMs:
http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?title=Category:ROMs

May I kindly suggest that the more experienced CDMA Energy ROM users consider starting an entry there? Consolidate your FAQs, especially ones specific to CDMA users of these TP2 ROMs there?

I've created a sample one if this is amenable to most folks:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...nofficial_Wiki

If not, please please please feel free to create a new one or modify the structure as needed. Again, it's just a starting point. Just to note I do maintain Mediawiki's for my team at the the day job, so I'm familiar with the syntax, etc.

I hope we all can support some kind of more centralized place for info instead of struggling through these massive threads. I'll update my sig later if the wiki thing takes a more solid form. I'm also willing to help paste / organize some info from this thread in to there with the original poster's permission (assuming they are still active on PPC).

Appreciate everyone who helps others and keeps things moving along.
Thanks - was about to hit the "thanks" button too but it appears that I have used up my allotment today. I'll come back and thank you tomorrow when my kitty gets reset.

Anyway, good idea, however, I think it would be best if we keep it ROM specific and tied to this thread. My opinion though and there may be better reasons for it to be in the wiki. However, as a community, it would probably work better if more than one power user could keep the wiki updated. I for one will be slowing down my posting once I start PA school this October.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: not a bad start for your wiki page.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

OK....

One last post for the day before I go to my wifes office party.

Aug 13 Cookie 23xxx is freaking awesome! Rocking with a dynamic page pool (page pool set to 0) and things are running great. currently showing 58mb free out of 199.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-14-2010 at 04:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

mamba2010 is a n00b

I have 3 htc devices and I tried swapping cables and connectors doesnt work, if it was a bad connector how come it will charge from usb?
Just curious and cant really find out for like 2 months now, when I am out of town I flash custom roms so I can use wifi on my laptop but it is so inconvenient to connect it to usb to charge and it takes forever
Thanks again
Old 08-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK....

One last post for the day before I go to my wifes office party.

Aug 13 Cookie 23xxx is freaking awesome! Rocking with a dynamic page pool (page pool set to 0) and things are running great. currently showing 58mb free out of 199.

David
Man............ you just ruin my weekend again. I could be enjoying the phone but now since you said the dynamic page pool is running well and along with the cityID thing........ looks like I need to reflash again .............
NRG roms are like the christmas gifts that just keep on giving.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
#1 was answered just above me.
#2........... I'm assuming you want to zoom in opera?????? And if you are, the 100 to 200 is in the opera 10, not in 9.7. If you really want to change those settings, go to your browser then type in opera:config. Then scroll down to where you see zoom settings.
EDIT: to avoid any confusion, when you type in opera:config, make sure you don't have any http crap in front of it. JUST THOSE two words separated by :
thanks but its actually something in the system. I think it had something to do with the Touch Input settings and i can access those by tapping on the right corner of the keyboard pop-out icon, but i can't access the rest of the settings.

Anyone else have any idea what I'm talking about? it was a zoom for reading and a zoom for typing setting that you could change, i believe the default is reading 200% zoom writing 100% zoom

Also there were some phone settings that i could access in MightyRom but can't find where they are located on this one. if you go to Phone settings there should be another tab after 'more' where u can edit settings like vibrate when the buttons are pressed, automatically sending a message if you ignore a call, etc. Were these settings removed? I'm really liking this Reference Rom but its taking a while fore me to get used to after being with Mighty for so long, please bear with me lol

Last edited by kern417; 08-14-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (SPRINT)
Carrier: T-Mobile

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work

Noob question: How do you set the page pool? I tried searching, but I don't seem to be getting anything. I found stuff for the Touch Pro but not the TP2 so I'm afraid that it won't work. Anyone wanna help me?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stab244 View Post
Noob question: How do you set the page pool? I tried searching, but I don't seem to be getting anything. I found stuff for the Touch Pro but not the TP2 so I'm afraid that it won't work. Anyone wanna help me?
This was posted a few pages back. Use it once you have unzipped the files and select the nbh file and adjust to whatever your heart desires. (I'm liking 12 right now, but I'm hearing good things about adjusting to 0.)

EDIT: Yeah what he said.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=22855

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1911239&postcount=22881
Attached Files
File Type: zip PagePool Changer.zip (157.7 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!

Last edited by The Coach; 08-14-2010 at 05:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development