PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86489)

Scientific 11-04-2009 08:48 PM

Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1299048)
Man im tempted to just say damn the mms and enable my manila messaging again. Personally I actually like the manila messaging. I wonder would there be a way to get sprint picture mail working as a work around for mms and still use manila messaging.

There is...you could always use the sMMS program. I've attached the cab for your convenience...

pastert33 11-04-2009 09:02 PM

Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boushh (Post 1299010)
pastert33;

1. haven't tried. I actually disabled manila's contact manager because it was kind of worthless to me without the messenging.

2. Yes I have and it took forever but worked just fine.

It found all your album covers?? How many songs are we talking about?

ace10134 11-04-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 1298021)
depends on "official" i guess. ace's fix has two cabs and mine has 3. so far none of ace's fixes worked for me so frankly i stopped using them and with the help of many other people, came up with what i'm using. so. when asked for help, and i'm online, i send them to my posting and not ace's.

Well they've worked for EVERYONE else

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongus (Post 1298198)
Thanks for all the help...Ace's solution seems to work for me. I'm using 21864 ROM

See, another that it worked ;) lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verm (Post 1298028)
sombody woke up with a case of the "wednesdays" :(

Or just woke up to the complaining, needy, selfish forum-goers :D Life would be great if we all searched and read :p LOL. And thank you, Verm.....nicely said below...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verm (Post 1298107)
After goin thru 1500+ posts in just this thread alone, I've come to a few conclusions...

RTFM RTFM RTFM... the FAQ is at the top of the post. 90% of this thread is people repeating themselves.

Occasionally I may break the monotony with mild humor, please don't take it personally.

Boushh NEEDS coffee on Wednesdays.

:)

:D You have my support :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutrrob (Post 1298231)
+1 I thought of the idea late last night and it worked, I can download and view MMS through the HTC massaging app but can't send them, I downloaded the sMMS Someguy cab and now I send them through the sMMS app.

I just have to figure how to sent using the HTC app
I can get it to say "sent" but the other party don't get them

Don't bother with trying to get the HTC Messaging Client MMS to work....we've tried, and we realized that it just slows down too much, with a few SMS messages. lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verm (Post 1298856)
I still don't think he's had his coffee yet....

Oh the jokesters... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boushh (Post 1298919)
I think I answered you're question quite thorough in hopes of helping you.... That makes me sensitive???? IIRC I wasn't the one that had a tantrum and wrote in huge letters that there was "no way" to change it...

Exactly.........I was hoping he was just talking about the guy you answered, or just joking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boushh (Post 1298976)
Wow Verm! you actually posted something something useful! :D

HAHAAA, and then he tells you to get more coffee :D :p

Oh and Verm, I like your signature, now if only newbs would read ur sig, and notice that they have to read the FAQ for their keyboard and all.....lol. Don't worry, we'll still here that question, every...single...day.

But your signature's a good link list to our FAQ that needs to be bumped up to the front page a bit...still waiting for a moderator to do that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verm (Post 1298995)
Anyone know what was fixed in the new 6.5.1 release (23081) on Nov. 3rd?

Just the same as the other versions...nothing changed on the WinMo core, I believe.

Thanks to Boushh for answering lots of questions! Looks like the thread is in good hands :D And Verm, you too are helping out, I appreaciate that too! Maybe I'll find time to update Wingster more now, so thanks guys!! You've been doing great, keep it up.

Boushh 11-04-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastert33 (Post 1299111)
It found all your album covers?? How many songs are we talking about?

I have about 10GB of music on my storage card. Like I said, it took forever! I think I let it run for about an hour or so, but eventually, it worked.

Verm 11-04-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace10134 (Post 1299117)
Thanks to Boushh for answering lots of questions! Looks like the thread is in good hands :D And Verm, you too are helping out, I appreaciate that too! Maybe I'll find time to update Wingster more now, so thanks guys!! You've been doing great, keep it up.

Wow... kudos from yon high.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now :)

Now that I have ace's attention... Changelog?

lolx

ace10134 11-04-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verm (Post 1299173)
Wow... kudos from yon high.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now :)

Now that I have ace's attention... Changelog?

lolx

Like boushh said, it was posted earlier, but here ya go...
Changes from 10/25 to 11/3 (21864/23081)
New theme (clock, slider, etc), and Opera Mobile 9.7 has been added in addition to the existing Opera Mobile 9.5. Also, MMS works, if you do the workaround from the FAQ. And you know where the FAQ is ;)

Boushh 11-04-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verm (Post 1299173)
Now that I have ace's attention... Changelog

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace10134 (Post 1295330)
Changes in 11/3 - Slider Icon Overlays fixed, and Google Maps should work again. That's what NRG said.Changes from 10/25 to 11/2
New theme (clock, slider, etc), and Opera Mobile 9.7 has been added in addition to the existing Opera Mobile 9.5. Lockscreen was fixed too. MMS works, if you do the fix from the FAQ.

found it.

edit: found it to slow...

DarkLord 11-04-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace10134 (Post 1299117)
Well they've worked for EVERYONE else

if you remember, we started trying to find a solution for the mms not long after the unlocker came out, it was a problem for all the cooks and for all of us flashing. i had already been working on a solution with others when i started testing files for you. so. after several tests, the other folks came up with a solution before you did. that simple. so i started using their solution instead of yours. your last solution i never tried. really no reason to. the solution i have works and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

so. that's the only reason why i don't use yours. not because i think the one i'm using is better. my reasoning is nothing personal at all. and as long as i post, i will always point people in the direction of the fix i use simply because i have used it if i'm online and asked for help. and if you notice the postings today, i've been on helping people a big portion of the morning (until my boss put one of my projects in fast track - than i have to stop playing and start working).

Verm 11-04-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace10134 (Post 1299182)
Like boushh said, it was posted earlier, but here ya go...
Changes from 10/25 to 11/3 (21864/23081)
New theme (clock, slider, etc), and Opera Mobile 9.7 has been added in addition to the existing Opera Mobile 9.5. Also, MMS works, if you do the workaround from the FAQ. And you know where the FAQ is ;)

is there an updated known bugs list for 23081? im thinking about goin to it but i think i read somewhere in the previous 1500+ posts that there was issue with the SD card? but im also hearin people that have it say its workin great. i guess im looking to produce a side by side comparison of the 2 to allow people to make better informed decisions on which to choose.

alternatively... if theres anyone or anyones out there that wanna PM me their known issues for each version of the Nov 3rd release, i could whip something up nice and pretty for all to see.

DarkLord 11-04-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verm (Post 1299227)
is there an updated known bugs list for 23081? im thinking about goin to it but i think i read somewhere in the previous 1500+ posts that there was issue with the SD card? but im also hearin people that have it say its workin great. i guess im looking to produce a side by side comparison of the 2 to allow people to make better informed decisions on which to choose.

alternatively... if theres anyone or anyones out there that wanna PM me their known issues for each version of the Nov 3rd release, i could whip something up nice and pretty for all to see.

i tried the 23081 version today. i really liked the graphics. a lot. it seems to have problems with syncing tho. not really sure why. i had to hard reset and it came back and started syncing. then after i installed all my crap, it stopped syncing again. so i ended up switching back to an older build.

that being said. i think everyone is going to like the newer version once it's perfected. bike has touch pro rom that my wife is running that uses a newer build. she loves it.

Edit. oh yeah. i forgot. i really do miss the calling feature that when you recieve a call, it says what city and state the call if from. the newer build has that feature. i really hated to lose it.