PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

ryee34 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Sorry John, but this won't work for you (I dont think...cause I'm on Sprint)...but I was about to post it anyway...and there is a post to set up the Sprint to work through the registry tweeks and added cab etc. I DID NONEOF THESE TWEAKS

I can't get MMS to work through the Manilla tab (although SMS works fine)...but if I take a picture, and send it via sms/mms...it goes through fine. The problem is it goes though the "email" sms/mms MS server (not manilla), but it works...the same is true for pictures stored on my device; using the same method...the main issue is...I don;t get a notification?? even though it appears to be set up (still working that part)...my point of thei post is...It works out of the box for me this way, without any other mods...Just Juicy R3
I would like to 2nd the earlier poster that after uninstalling Arcsoft and all the other mods I'd done to get MMS working, mine works the way that it was installed after flashing. I can send by going into my pictures and sending a photo from there and when I receive one it can be retrieved by opening the mail tab, sliding over to the right to the windows sms/mms messaging tab. You have to click on the picture icon in the message to open it up. I hope these revelations save some of you all some time and trouble.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

just upgraded to r3(from r2) and so far i can see that it runs smoother(especially weather animations). Havent tested it much yet but so far my complaints/suggestions:

1) keyboard sliding sound settings: all sounds are the same(no matter which i choose it just does double beep), when you actually slide open keyboard no sound is produced at all. Worked flawlessly in R2

2) YouTube app plays without a sound, but if i go through opera - sound works(worked in R2)

3) On power button hold the same old "would you like to turn off" message shows up, think everyone would appreciate the ShutXp instead. Workaround install ShutXp cab(file attached-works great on R3)

4) Opera has only 2 tabs enabled and turbo is off(on purpose?). Workaround: open Opera and type opera:config into address bar - user prefs - change amount of tabs and enable turbo

Other than that so far great ROM as always!!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab psShutXP Power Key.cab (217.3 KB, 68 views) Click for barcode!

When you can tether for free?: D

Last edited by pesok; 11-17-2009 at 03:03 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

gharris040604 is just getting started

I can confirm mms working on vzw thru window messaging
Old 11-17-2009, 04:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

NSTar is a n00b

Any reg hack to lower the volume of the dialpad? I want sound but not a really loud sound to notify someone that I'm about to make a phone call.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

Well I installed the R3 ROM and WOW!!!! Nice job....I am on VZW and everything seems to work fine but 1 question? After the flash, I skipped the carrier provisioning step and did a hard reset but now in my connection settings, it says Telus. Is that the generic carrier provision and how do I get the Verizon provisioning cab??? Thanks in advance!! Great Job Juicy!!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsjoans View Post
OK.... I did everything as you have it outlined here... When I attempt to send an MMS through "Album"... It tries to send the message 3 times, it never goes, the it finally says it can't send message. You are the only one that has confirmed functioning MMS for Verizon. Please assist if you have the time.

Same here, mine also failed after three tries..

I tried every single thing posted (spent over two hours fighting with it) & nothing worked for me (verizon). SMS worked fine through manila, but MMS failed every single time from either album or the WM default app.

I made sure all the server settings where correct (I know them by heart & I must have rechecked them 20 times). I added the arcsoft reg key someone posted etc etc etc etc

Absolutely NOTHING worked & I finally gave up & flashed back to Mighty & restored an SPB backup. Everything works perfectly now (MMS works right through manila etc) & the 2.1 setup is certainly faster than 2.5

I still like the 2.5 features & really want to run this ROM, but I really need MMS working.

Can somebody please itemize the exact steps from the flash on that enable MMS to work in VZ?? Do you use the built in provisioning or install a carrier later?? DO you install another arcsoft cab or is it all set after the R3 flash?? What do you do as far as setting the server info etc??

Should MMS work in a VZ setup right after the flash, or are the server settings all wrong etc??

I really want to try this ROM again tonight, so whatever help someone can give me will certainly be much appreciated....

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor

I would also like to confirm that youtube volume does not work in R3
Old 11-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

How much do you use MMS? I wouldnt consider it a dealbreaker. I havent even sent or recieved a mms since I got my new phone. Usually I get everything via email.

Last edited by fr0st; 11-17-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

How much do you use MMS? I wouldnt consider it a dealbreaker. I havent even sent or recieved a mms since I got my new phone. Usually I get everything via email.
well, that's you.

For me, it is definitely a deal breaker so I will have to use another ROM for now unfortunately.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

As opposed to others who compress in standard zip format, Juicy for some reason uses 7z extensions...just go to download.com and get a free 7z unzipper...then unzip to your desktop same as always...once done, go into the extracted folder and run the app same as always to begin the flash process...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriInWA View Post
Hi All, stupid question, I have installed the unlocker, and downloaded the rom, but when I try and open it to install it asks for program. What am I doing wrong?

THanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development