PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

Wunder 04-02-2010 06:40 PM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Home screen>Menu>Personalize Home Screen Tabs

darren.wlsn1 04-02-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbythe1 (Post 1677540)
Hi all,
can someone please help me figure out how to remove (Reposition elsewhere) those following shortcuts from the Start Menu screen please.
HTC_Calendar
HTC_People
HTC_Music
HTC_Twitter

Many thanks for any suggestion

start menu icons or homescreen tabs? you can move them into folders through windows using rescoexplorer ot totalcomander.

gabbythe1 04-02-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wunder (Post 1677600)
Home screen>Menu>Personalize Home Screen Tabs

They appear on the Start Menu Screen where there all the other folders. They are the ones I am trying to move. Thanks

gabbythe1 04-02-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1677630)
start menu icons or homescreen tabs? you can move them into folders through windows using rescoexplorer ot totalcomander.

Start Menu Icons!!!

darren.wlsn1 04-02-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbythe1 (Post 1677634)
Start Menu Icons!!!

easy bro,i posted how to do it.

Curtis8 04-02-2010 07:12 PM

...my flash sequence was: 1)clear storage, 2)install Sprint 6.5, 3) clear storage, 4) install Mightrom and provision, 5)clear storage

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyme187 (Post 1677527)
the part i highlighted in RED in this post should be stickied or added to the wiki cause after several methods attempted to get this RoM Running Golden this is WHAT WORKS THE BEST

Well other than steps 4 and 5 it is what *everyone* tells people that have issues to do. There is really no point doing the provision and then doing a clear storage as the clear storeage will wipe the provision settings and you need to provision again. If you want really good steps then give this a go:

1) Clear Storage / Button Reset
2) Flash Stock of your carrier
3) Clear Storage / Button Reset
4) Flash MightyROM Flavour (Skip Provision)
5) Clear Storage / Button Reset
6) **PROVISION**
7) Install apps and enjoy a sweet ROM

The steps that say Clear Storage / Button Reset can simply be the Clear Storage. Button Reset and Clear Storage **ARE NOT THE SAME** Myself I tend to do the Clear Storage and then I hold the Hard Reset Buttons as the phone reboots so I can avoid opening the phone and get both steps done at the same time.

Please note that even MightyMike has had to follow these kind of steps *MORE THAN ONCE* to solve the issues he was once having. I, myself, have had no issues as of yet (knock on wood).

There is also a reference in the Wiki to steps like these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiki
What can I do if my phone randomly Hard-Resets?
Look HERE (This Applies to all Custom ROMs)This is also known as "The Flash Dance"

And even a link to Task29 for *ADVANCED USERS ONLY*

MordyT 04-02-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purian23 (Post 1676224)
I went with the 07 Gsxr 750.. Got a good deal on it :)

02 750 GSXR here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldamon (Post 1676277)
That "feature" is called WM 6.5.5.

It is actually doable in 6.5 regular (not com3), but requires some work on MM end...
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyepoker (Post 1676493)
i just got my tp2 yesterday and tried to flash with mightrom - it failed for some reason and the instructions told me to pull the battery, which i did. the phone cam back but tethering no longer works - keeps saying that my login isn't valid...

so, my question is how do i properly flash my phone - I see that its seems to be a good idea to run Task 29, then do the flash. Will that resolve the tethering issue? If not, what are my steps to resolve it (or should i ask this question in a different thread, don't want to clutter the this one)

Task 29 will not do anything to my sd card, correct?

I'm going to assume to return to "stock" i just reflash with the HTC WinMo updater?

You do not need to run Task29 as bad as some people you have never flashed before.

And yes, no SD damage. And yes, you could just run the update...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy471 (Post 1677363)
If you actually looked at the link, you'd see it was screwed up, here's the right one:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=577

Mordy, you need to fix your link for VVM
He should see that one.

Z

I see all....
I'll fix...
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbythe1 (Post 1677540)
Hi all,
can someone please help me figure out how to remove (Reposition elsewhere) those following shortcuts from the Start Menu screen please.
HTC_Calendar
HTC_People
HTC_Music
HTC_Twitter

Many thanks for any suggestion

Look in the FAQ

mlin 04-02-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1677630)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbythe1 (Post 1677634)
Start Menu Icons!!!

If you dont have/want to install an extra file explorer you can also accomplish this with the native file explorer as well.

JohnBecker 04-02-2010 07:43 PM

Okay... I've searched and haven't found anything. Perhaps I'm over looking it.

Is there any way to disable the HTC lock. I use S2U2 and when an appointment reminder comes up, I have to unlock it twice. I've never had this issue before with any Mighty ROM.

PhoneTek 04-02-2010 07:53 PM

is it possible to have both the time and 1% battery increment on the taskbar?

xjack 04-02-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs (Post 1676344)
Thanks! Please keep me posted. Someone posted a cab file earlier but it completely destroyed my phone to the point I had to reflash (not joking). The sleep key stopped working period. Anyway, if you find of a way to make the sleep button do nothing when the keyboard is out please let me know. I hit that thing way too easily and it makes typing on the keyboard a chore when it should be a pleasure!

Do a search on XDA for HandyPowerButton - works flawlessly with this ROM.

rushco 04-02-2010 08:01 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1114; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneTek

I found one but it messed up the volume on certain programs. So be sure to check that if you find one.

PhoneTek 04-02-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushco (Post 1677737)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1114; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

I found one but it messed up the volume on certain programs. So be sure to check that if you find one.

which one is it?

Curtis8 04-02-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneTek (Post 1677720)

I would use BattClock.

subzero1313 04-02-2010 08:59 PM

So no one else is having this problem with the bottom softkeys?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Screen01-2.png

smokeydriver 04-02-2010 09:36 PM

Ok...I'm just confused now. I did the full on reset- cleared storage, installed factory rom, cleared storage, installed mightyrom, cleared storage, activated phone. no voicemail present. downloaded & installed mightyrom's VVM cab (When installing, it says it CAN NOT remove the old file & I said to install anyways..even though I see it no where). still stuck on speakerphone...output is set to earpiece- everything else on phone is perfect.

purian23 04-02-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1677839)

Sub what did you do lol.. it's gotta be a mod installed :) Never seen that one!

tjELITE 04-02-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purian23 (Post 1677985)

yeah its gotta be something with the manila taskbar files or something or another crossing...

----

btw all just upgraded to Windows 7...totally sick!!:headbang:

gratefultyler 04-02-2010 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBecker (Post 1677706)
Okay... I've searched and haven't found anything. Perhaps I'm over looking it.

Is there any way to disable the HTC lock. I use S2U2 and when an appointment reminder comes up, I have to unlock it twice. I've never had this issue before with any Mighty ROM.

What version of S2U2 are you using? There are several forums dedicated to S2U2 and the TP2. There are many known issues with customs ROMs and the newer versions of S2U2. Any version before 2.24 usually works perfectly. And its not like your loosing that much between the current version and 2.22 besides maybe "slide to dismiss a notification/message." Attached below is 2.22. All credit to A_C.

Let me know if I helped.

subzero1313 04-02-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purian23 (Post 1677985)

I figured it was something installed but I don't have much installed. And like I said, if I open the keyboard and close it, it fixes itself. Lets see I have:

Colored Setting tab
Eschelon Disable AutoDeployKB
DJCedric Color Lightning Titanium
Mario Bros Splash Screen
Nitrogen
S2U2
CMYLXGO Mega sliding sound pack
Conflipper NA Weather v5
psShutXP
SPB BU
SPB Screenshot
Spike's MicNeo Taskbar Varient 3 v2
Total Commander
TF3D Wallpaper changer
CityID
Color Comm Manager icons
TellMe
Xtrakt
Marketplace
Imnuts Arcsoft MMS
Swype
AP Mobile

flyers2114 04-02-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1678068)
I figured it was something installed but I don't have much installed. And like I said, if I open the keyboard and close it, it fixes itself. Lets see I have:

Colored Setting tab
Eschelon Disable AutoDeployKB
DJCedric Color Lightning Titanium
Mario Bros Splash Screen
Nitrogen
S2U2
CMYLXGO Mega sliding sound pack
Conflipper NA Weather v5
psShutXP
SPB BU
SPB Screenshot
Spike's MicNeo Taskbar Varient 3 v2
Total Commander
TF3D Wallpaper changer
CityID
Color Comm Manager icons
TellMe
Xtrakt
Marketplace
Imnuts Arcsoft MMS
Swype
AP Mobile

Just going to take a shot in the dark....try uninstalling the one in red...

gabbythe1 04-02-2010 11:15 PM

Hi all,
I have a question, has anyone been able to find a working cab that will install the History Icon on the Home Screen please?
Many thanks for any help.

Eschelon 04-02-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbythe1 (Post 1678098)
Hi all,
I have a question, has anyone been able to find a working cab that will install the History Icon on the Home Screen please?
Many thanks for any help.

Co0kie home tab can do this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

Be sure to grab CHT editor while you're at it since it makes adding things (like the call history tab) a lot easier

gabbythe1 04-03-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1678122)
Co0kie home tab can do this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

Be sure to grab CHT editor while you're at it since it makes adding things (like the call history tab) a lot easier

Thanks for the help. Works like a charm

gabbythe1 04-03-2010 12:28 AM

Any idea on how to disable keyboard vibration please?
Thanks

tjELITE 04-03-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbythe1 (Post 1678223)
Any idea on how to disable keyboard vibration please?
Thanks

Go to Settings Tab-> Personalization-> Vibration

gabbythe1 04-03-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1678232)
Go to Settings Tab-> Personalization-> Vibration

thanks dude. but i need to disable the keyboard vibration only, not the rest.
thanks

Curtis8 04-03-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefultyler (Post 1678065)
What version of S2U2 are you using? There are several forums dedicated to S2U2 and the TP2. There are many known issues with customs ROMs and the newer versions of S2U2. Any version before 2.24 usually works perfectly. And its not like your loosing that much between the current version and 2.22 besides maybe "slide to dismiss a notification/message." Attached below is 2.22. All credit to A_C.

Let me know if I helped.

I just installed the latest MightyROM (3/23/10) on my mother's TP2 and wow am I impressed! I know many people have raved about this new ROM and the "Smooth as Butter" but even my mom is impressed (she was thinking of going back to a dumb phone as she "did not need the features"). I installed the latest S2U2 from the site along with Cookie Home Tab and CHT Editor. Thinking I may get my flashing addiction covered again tomorrow.

For the record, so far there have been no issues on her phone, but I will not know until she has played with it a bit. I also followed my own advice earlier and used the "Super Flash Dance"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis8 (Post 1677662)
1) Clear Storage / Button Reset
2) Flash Stock of your carrier
3) Clear Storage / Button Reset
4) Flash MightyROM Flavour (Skip Provision)
5) Clear Storage / Button Reset
6) **PROVISION**
7) Install apps and enjoy a sweet ROM

Of course steps 2 and 3 were skipped since this was the phones first flash (after I unlocked of course). I also did both the Clear Storage and Button Reset.

Anyone that has not upgraded to the latest ROM should try it soon :)

slvrdrgn123 04-03-2010 02:10 AM

Try sliding out the keyboard and then closing it again. Had that problem before with S2U2, but the keyboard thing fixes it.
Quote:

Incrediboy 04-03-2010 03:45 AM

Quote:

I have this problem too. Not always though. To make it right, turn to landscape mode or slide the keyboard halfway till the screen rotate. Btw, where do u get that taskbar? I've been looking for it. Does that taskbar works flawlessly with latest Mighty ROM? Would u mind sharing it with me? I use GSM much more than CDMA. Wouldn't it be any problem with your taskbar? TIA

Incrediboy 04-03-2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slvrdrgn123 (Post 1678359)
Try sliding out the keyboard and then closing it again. Had that problem before with S2U2, but the keyboard thing fixes it.

Anyway to make it NEVER happening anymore (after soft reset)?
TIA

gadget1 04-03-2010 04:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found a better image to use for the animated start up screen I originally made.

I didn't create the image itself, I just animated it.

Downsized for display purposes and set to animate continously, the file you put on the phone will animate once and then go to your welcomehead.192 image...

http://kooldezine.com/HTC/mightyanimation01sm.gif

Download the attached zip file and follow the same instructions:
There are 2 ways of doing this:

1 of 2 ways to do this:

1. Copy the file from the attached zip file to your Windows directory and edit the following registry key:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\HTCAnimation\StartupGif
value: \Windows\mightyanimation01.gif

2. Back up the file "MightyROM.gif" in your Windows directory and rename the file from the attached zip file to MightyROM.gif and copy it to your Windows directory.

gadget1

KrazyKevin76 04-03-2010 08:43 AM

Anyone having issues with the picture album displaying every picture in the phone? I've searched this thread for album and found nothing but music issues. Even if I set my favorite album, it will only display my camera pics, but as soon as I reset, then it's back to every pic in the phone. Is there anyway to make it only display the camera shots? And stay on that album only even after a reboot?

DigitalAttic 04-03-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1678053)
yeah its gotta be something with the manila taskbar files or something or another crossing...

----

btw all just upgraded to Windows 7...totally sick!!:headbang:

Until U experience the "freezing" issue that seems to plague a bunch of users, and has been growing in occurrence. Google "Windows 7 randomly freezes" and U will C.

I agree it's the best Windoz OS since Win2000/XP, but this issue is a nasty one, and extremely difficult to isolate. Some folks have seen it cleared after memory timings are addressed; I'm working on service isolation as SafeModeNet doesn't exhibit the issue

GL, and enjoy...

defiantone 04-03-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeydriver (Post 1677913)
Ok...I'm just confused now. I did the full on reset- cleared storage, installed factory rom, cleared storage, installed mightyrom, cleared storage, activated phone. no voicemail present. downloaded & installed mightyrom's VVM cab (When installing, it says it CAN NOT remove the old file & I said to install anyways..even though I see it no where). still stuck on speakerphone...output is set to earpiece- everything else on phone is perfect.

---------
I don't know if you did this or not, but...after you install MightyRom and the provisioning screen comes up. Exit that...then install Mightyroms VVM cab. It is my understanding that it has Verizon provision and Visual VMail included.
I hope this helps.

subzero1313 04-03-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slvrdrgn123 (Post 1678359)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incrediboy (Post 1678449)
I have this problem too. Not always though. To make it right, turn to landscape mode or slide the keyboard halfway till the screen rotate. Btw, where do u get that taskbar? I've been looking for it. Does that taskbar works flawlessly with latest Mighty ROM? Would u mind sharing it with me? I use GSM much more than CDMA. Wouldn't it be any problem with your taskbar? TIA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incrediboy (Post 1678454)
Anyway to make it NEVER happening anymore (after soft reset)?
TIA

Yeah I mentioned that if I open and close it, it fixes it. I was looking how to get rid of it. As someone mentioned, TF3D wallpaper changer seems to be the culprit. I removed it and haven't had the issue since. Though somehow I don't think you guys are using that as well. Please give me feedback

As for my taskbar, I got it off the forums here. Try searching the paperclip outside this thread. I mentioned the name in my OP. Im at work, idk if I can upload it to send it. IDK about GSM, I only use CDMA and have no problems whatsoever

flyers2114 04-03-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalAttic (Post 1678598)
Until U experience the "freezing" issue that seems to plague a bunch of users, and has been growing in occurrence. Google "Windows 7 randomly freezes" and U will C.

I agree it's the best Windoz OS since Win2000/XP, but this issue is a nasty one, and extremely difficult to isolate. Some folks have seen it cleared after memory timings are addressed; I'm working on service isolation as SafeModeNet doesn't exhibit the issue

GL, and enjoy...

Hmmm...I have it on 2 of my computers and have not experienced this on either.....been running them both for about 6 months.....anyways back on topic....

Subzero glad that fixed it for ya....:mrgreen:

subzero1313 04-03-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1678654)
Hmmm...I have it on 2 of my computers and have not experienced this on either.....been running them both for about 6 months.....anyways back on topic....

Subzero glad that fixed it for ya....:mrgreen:

lol actually, it JUST happened again. So apparently its not. I kind of doubted those other people used the WP changer.

flyers2114 04-03-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1678669)
lol actually, it JUST happened again. So apparently its not. I kind of doubted those other people used the WP changer.

lol....ok sorry it didnt work for ya....I was just taking a stab at it....lol

asunners 04-03-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cydetu (Post 1674194)
You are not alone.. I had a similar problem when I tried to call RCN for some customer service. Each of the 4 times I called from my cell, they were unable to hear me. I had no idea what caused it

I have had this problem with the 2/20 version and this one. The problem is the mute button is "on" even though it doesn't show it. I hit it twice and the person can hear me. The problem is I don't know if I am "talking to the mute button" when I am leaving a message, so I've gotten into the habit of hitting the mute button twice if I am talking to a recording.