PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

thx1200 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
It's always better to reinstall everything from scratch with a new ROM. installing a backup from a different version of a ROM is never a good idea.

Of course, but sometimes it works fine when the changes are minor. The latest ROM's changelog was small, as it seems Mike was focusing his attention on getting a few things just fixed up really really well. I was hoping it could have been cabbed, but... Ah well, I guess I can't have a cab for everything. Sometimes you just gotta sucks it up and reinstall...
My Windows Phone Apps: ReRemind / TouchFlo Detacher / Mobile Shell 3 Toggler / iContact AE / BattLineSvc / ZoomBarPlus
Old 05-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

RogueWelkin is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to RogueWelkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200 View Post
I had a similar problem on a Touch Pro 1. The bluetooth would just die randomly (audio cut out was the first noticable symptom). If I tried to turn BT off, the device would hang / slow down for about 30 seconds, then the BT icon disappeared. At that point, I could turn it back on and it would work for a little while longer until it crashed again.

It turns out it was a bad device. I exchanged it and never had BT problems again.

I don't know if that's your problem, as I imagine there are numerous factors that could cause audio to cut out randomly.
The timing just seems to be interesting, since they didn't occur before I upgraded to the 032310 mightyrom. Makes me think it might be either related to the 2.5 or the change away from the microsoft bluetooth stack. Of course, the timing could be entirely coincidental, I'll have to see if I can find out if it's a device issue or not.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

zeeyo987 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

this might be a stupid question, but how do people like the mightyrom FF over all, any glitches that can be fixed or causing real problems, im using the april 23rd rom and it works great over all and yea i didnt really wanna flash to the may 1st OF cuz the changelog wasnt too long and was thinking about flashing to the FF, thanks for your input guys!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

As with Any 6.5.x builds, there will be glitches.. FF has been very stable and people here have been more than satisfied with it. It provides a different taskbar, threaded email, menu at the bottom and the stability of MR.

Try it yourself and figure out if you like it.. If you don't you can always go back to where you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeyo987 View Post
this might be a stupid question, but how do people like the mightyrom FF over all, any glitches that can be fixed or causing real problems, im using the april 23rd rom and it works great over all and yea i didnt really wanna flash to the may 1st OF cuz the changelog wasnt too long and was thinking about flashing to the FF, thanks for your input guys!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

well.. i've been running with SODs left and right for about 4 months now... installed FF and have not had one in 3 days.... i install all the same programs I normally install... don't know what you did but it's amazing!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bsmoove386 is keeping up the good workbsmoove386 is keeping up the good work

Im running FF and it seems like everyone else is getting good battery life. So I'm wondering if anyone uses the NRG rom battery cabs on the FF rom and it still has good battery life. I'm trying to find the cause as to where the battery drainage is coming from? Looking at the battery monitor I have a discharge current ranging from 150-300 mA but usually is at 260 mA.

Customize your keyboard to do other things thanks to Tarkim

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240
Old 05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

cptok is keeping up the good workcptok is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueWelkin View Post
Using the SE rom currently (might try FF soon). Still my previous stated problem (about 300+ pages of posts ago... here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3127) from the 032310 rom still exists. Using bluetooth radio in car, and using phone as media player. Audio cuts out randomly, it doesn't freeze as the song keeps playing, just goes silent. Anyone have any ideas as to the cause?
Oh yes - well known issue depending on the BT head unit you're using. I have researched this to my wits end. The issue is - pausing is taking place to change the BT bitrate or otherwise sound quality of the stream. If you listen, you'll notice that after the pause - music quality drops. Then it goes back, then will pause and drop again. Also (if you're using a Kenwood HU with Parrot BT) you'll notice that initial sound is not that great to begin with. So here are the tweaks that, for the most part, have fixed this issue:

**Set initial line speed to sound quality that is tolerable**

HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\AV\LineSpeed = 256 (DWORD)

The above alone however will increase the pauses and resets in music playback. So - what seems to work really well is to increase the file cache sizes from their default values of 4096:

HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\EnableCache = 1 (DWORD)

HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\CacheSize = 16384 (DWORD)

HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt\Rep lStoreCacheSize = 32768 (DWORD)

Yes - these will use more device memory for caching - but it all but eliminates the pausing on music playback, and the quality is vastly enhanced. Pauses may sometimes occur still, but much more rarely, and sometimes not at all during the day. Going to task manager and closing open apps helps too it seems, but it's a bit hit or miss on what most affects this phenomenon.

I'm still experimenting a bit with these values - and will also try 32768 for both shortly. I don't run a lot of apps simultaneously, just IMAP email checking. So committing more to cache is not particularly an issue for me. Have the memory - so may as well use it!

Please try the above and let me know. This problem is widely discussed on XDA, Kenwood and many other forums. And - it is expressly related to the Widcomm BT stack. The MS stack never did this. There has not been a conclusive solution put forth in any of those forums - but I've also not yet "published" the file cache approach. Like I said - I have researched and tried just about everything - and the above really seems to make the difference.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

RogueWelkin is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to RogueWelkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptok View Post
Oh yes - well known issue depending on the BT head unit you're using. I have researched this to my wits end. The issue is - pausing is taking place to change the BT bitrate or otherwise sound quality of the stream. If you listen, you'll notice that after the pause - music quality drops. Then it goes back, then will pause and drop again. Also (if you're using a Kenwood HU with Parrot BT) you'll notice that initial sound is not that great to begin with. So here are the tweaks that, for the most part, have fixed this issue:

**Set initial line speed to sound quality that is tolerable**

HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\AV\LineSpeed = 256 (DWORD)

The above alone however will increase the pauses and resets in music playback. So - what seems to work really well is to increase the file cache sizes from their default values of 4096:

HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\EnableCache = 1 (DWORD)

HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\CacheSize = 16384 (DWORD)

HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt\Rep lStoreCacheSize = 32768 (DWORD)

Yes - these will use more device memory for caching - but it all but eliminates the pausing on music playback, and the quality is vastly enhanced. Pauses may sometimes occur still, but much more rarely, and sometimes not at all during the day. Going to task manager and closing open apps helps too it seems, but it's a bit hit or miss on what most affects this phenomenon.

I'm still experimenting a bit with these values - and will also try 32768 for both shortly. I don't run a lot of apps simultaneously, just IMAP email checking. So committing more to cache is not particularly an issue for me. Have the memory - so may as well use it!

Please try the above and let me know. This problem is widely discussed on XDA, Kenwood and many other forums. And - it is expressly related to the Widcomm BT stack. The MS stack never did this. There has not been a conclusive solution put forth in any of those forums - but I've also not yet "published" the file cache approach. Like I said - I have researched and tried just about everything - and the above really seems to make the difference.
Thanks for the info on this, I'll try these out and see if they work and let you know either way.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Back on the bandwagon with MighyROM I was rocking the BiGcOoKiE ROM but was having problems so I'm giving the Official MMROM now and loading it up.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bsmoove386 is keeping up the good workbsmoove386 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoove386 View Post
Im running FF and it seems like everyone else is getting good battery life. So I'm wondering if anyone uses the NRG rom battery cabs on the FF rom and it still has good battery life. I'm trying to find the cause as to where the battery drainage is coming from? Looking at the battery monitor I have a discharge current ranging from 150-300 mA but usually is at 260 mA.
Still loving the Rom...Hardly any SODS nemore i think was due to one of my games..Dragonball

But this is my setup in recognition of the Iron Man 2 Movie coming out Friday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1[1].jpg (9.1 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3[2].jpg (10.9 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2