PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
SOD is radio controlled.

I've been using stock telus radio on my phone and have not had an SOD since the start of 2010.

Flash a Sprint radio, and poof. I can get SOD in a matter of minutes.

I've been saying this for quite a while now.

Well yess and no, Here is why you have not got a SOD.

The SPL initiates the radio, the radio has a lot to do with hardware control.

The SPL is responsible for powering up powering down and initiating hardware at a lower level. I see alot of "Power on off sleep" functions in the new SPL that is shipping with the new radios. The HSPL we currently run has some stuff missing it appears. this may be why it handles the older radios better then the new ones as the HSPL is designed around the SPL that shipped with the older 1.XX series radios. The new ones are supposed to have better power management, but a hunch is the SPL is causing a hiccup.

All 2.XX radios ship with a 0.7X.XXX SPL all 1.XX Radios ship with a 0.6X.XXXX SPL version.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Well yess and no, Here is why you have not got a SOD.

The SPL initiates the radio, the radio has a lot to do with hardware control.

The SPL is responsible for powering up powering down and initiating hardware at a lower level. I see alot of "Power on off sleep" functions in the new SPL that is shipping with the new radios. The HSPL we currently run has some stuff missing it appears. this may be why it handles the older radios better then the new ones as the HSPL is designed around the SPL that shipped with the older 1.XX series radios. The new ones are supposed to have better power management, but a hunch is the SPL is causing a hiccup.

All 2.XX radios ship with a 0.7X.XXX SPL all 1.XX Radios ship with a 0.6X.XXXX SPL version.
Sweet, so i was partially right, GO ME!

Cant wait to test your HSPL Mr.X, wanna see if my reliable method for causing SOD's still works... (its sad, all it is, is a WM6 cab installation that was never updated/modified to have PROPER WM6.5/6.5.x support)

And again, FM Radio=$$

Old 07-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
Sweet, so i was partially right, GO ME!

Cant wait to test your HSPL Mr.X, wanna see if my reliable method for causing SOD's still works... (its sad, all it is, is a WM6 cab installation that was never updated/modified to have PROPER WM6.5/6.5.x support)

And again, FM Radio=$$
FM radio "if" its software locked would be in the radio some where in the OEMSBL or the amss code. Both areas that im not touching. Brick city.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
FM radio "if" its software locked would be in the radio some where in the OEMSBL or the amss code. Both areas that im not touching. Brick city.
Interesting, I remember the thread discussing it and the general consensus (i think oilpro or someone else chimed in, I know no2chem said he thought so as well) was that it was in the HSPL

Q_Q then
Old 07-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
Interesting, I remember the thread discussing it and the general consensus (i think oilpro or someone else chimed in, I know no2chem said he thought so as well) was that it was in the HSPL

Q_Q then
I've asked Cmonex and she informed me that she thinks its in the radio for some reason.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I've asked Cmonex and she informed me that she thinks its in the radio for some reason.
I will have to find that thread... i remember someone swearing up and down that it wasnt...

but it doesnt matter, i dont have the skills either way, I just want FM... or find a job that has better signal... (2 Airaves... home and work...) Q_Q (and before someone says use WiFi and Internet radio, I have used a co-workers HTC phone -think it was the diamond... he got fired... doesnt matter- with FM radio and his battery lasted a good 4-5 hours longer then mine did...

And i like my local FM stations...

anywho, off topic quite a bit, would love to chat more (about something I dont have the skills to do) but in PM's

Old 07-14-2010, 07:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fatmac1982 is a n00b

I have downloaded the MIGHTYROM 6202010 edition but it seems that when I want to forward or even send an email it states that its unable to connect! The strange part is that I can receive emails normally! Is there a setting I would need to adjust or does anyone know of something else I may do to curb this issue???
Old 07-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmac1982 View Post
I have downloaded the MIGHTYROM 6202010 edition but it seems that when I want to forward or even send an email it states that its unable to connect! The strange part is that I can receive emails normally! Is there a setting I would need to adjust or does anyone know of something else I may do to curb this issue???
if your having connection issues try re provisioning the phone, I had some minor issues last week and this cleared them up.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

mixman is a n00b

I've been running 062010 for just about 2 weeks. It was great until a few days ago when I started having RAM problems. I got a pop-up message that memory was too low for device to operate. I did a soft reset. When the phone came back up I went to the memory screen and with nothing running it started counting down free RAM until it got to single digits. It's doing this a couple of times a day. A quick fix is to turn Sense off and back on. That usually opens up about 70 some MB with Sense off, and settles back down to around 50MB free with Sense back on. When it's getting low, the Home screen will not appear, but I can push the Windows Start button and get to settings to cycle Sense. There are some other threads about the Verizon MR2 update and memory leaks associated with Sense, but I haven't seen a solution yet.

Update: Problem seems to be solved. I had about 12 contacts (out of 1,200) set up in the "People" tab for Facebook. I turned off the auto-update feature and the memory leak went away. A manual update will still hose Sense, but I'm not a huge FB fan so I'll just live with the FB app. This is the 3rd ROM I've tried based on Verizon's MR2, so I think the problem is with that perhaps.

Last edited by mixman; 07-15-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

Do you know what LEAD did in his ROM? I'm using the latest WU Sprint radio and have had constant SOD's with almost every MM ROM, but I have not had one on his yet (with the same radio). I'm actually trying to make it SOD, but for the life of me I can't (i.e. check email every 5 minutes, load 300+ emails, load 200+ SMS)...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2