PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

congrats mike on 2 mil.. can i borrow a dollar?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to microdot

Ok, i thought i would give it one more try but like i mentioned before my phone keeps freezing and then hard resetting by itself. Very disapointed. I know you gys said to do task29 and reflash but i am very confused as to how that works. My understanding is that you would be able to connect the phone to windows mobile center. So how do you flash? Whats a bootloader? Is this something else i need to install? Could someone please walk me through it step by step. I am already kinda upset that my phone is acting up and would hate to compound the problem. Thanks
Old 05-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

The task 29 instructions are on page one of the forum. Have you looked them over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
Ok, i thought i would give it one more try but like i mentioned before my phone keeps freezing and then hard resetting by itself. Very disapointed. I know you gys said to do task29 and reflash but i am very confused as to how that works. My understanding is that you would be able to connect the phone to windows mobile center. So how do you flash? Whats a bootloader? Is this something else i need to install? Could someone please walk me through it step by step. I am already kinda upset that my phone is acting up and would hate to compound the problem. Thanks

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
1. Download the Task29 from my post #6
2. Connect phone to computer, just like your going to flash it
3. Run the Task29
4. Hold down the volume down, while pressing the end/power key to turn on the device.
5. Once in bootloader mode, proceed with your flashing like you normally would

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471
Quote:
1. Download the Task29 from my post #6
2. Connect phone to computer, just like your going to flash it
3. Run the Task29
4. Hold down the volume down, while pressing the end/power key to turn on the device.
5. Once in bootloader mode, proceed with your flashing like you normally would

Z
you can also just hold the 'volume down' button as task29 finishes. i.e. when it reaches 100% before it resets.

Last edited by mlin; 05-04-2010 at 11:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2
Carrier: AT&T

zdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
i'll try to explain it. the task29 in post 6 basically wipes the flash memory of your phone to a blank slate. you run this just like flashing a rom, connect phone to pc with cable, wait for active sync, or mobile device center connection (depends on windows version) launch the task29.exe, it will prompt you along the way. it will switch to bootloader (the multicolor screen) then you see the gray screen with progress bar, just like flashing a rom. once it's finished your phone will not boot any OS. it will stop at the touchpro 2 screen. from this point, remove back cover, remove battery, hold down the volume down button after replacing battery and hitting power button. This should bring your phone back to that multi colored "BOOTLOADER" screen. from here, reconnect to your PC, and run the mightyrom, installer of choice. since you are new to this, i would stick to the OF - official or the SE special edition. I hope this helps.

damn..you guys are too fast.....

Last edited by zdogtag1; 05-04-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: update
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

techsavvy68 is keeping up the good worktechsavvy68 is keeping up the good worktechsavvy68 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to techsavvy68

Congrats on the 2M Mike! Awesome work!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
The task 29 instructions are on page one of the forum. Have you looked them over?
I did but it did not make sense to me...sorry to much pc talk, i am a noob when it comes to this stuff. Will try and follow the instructions and post if i get stuck. Thanks guys
Old 05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Connected phone, clicked on task.exe and accepted on 1st 2 pages and then when i click next i get this eror message "ERROR [240] file open. The update Utility can not open the requested file. Please check and update your Utility.

??
Old 05-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Maybe Task29 is already running in the background. Use task manager to kill the application or restart your computer. Then try again.

Quote:
Connected phone, clicked on task.exe and accepted on 1st 2 pages and then when i click next i get this eror message "ERROR [240] file open. The update Utility can not open the requested file. Please check and update your Utility.

??
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2