PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

I think I would:
#1 use Task29 instead of the dance.
#2 Uninstall/disable your add-ons one at a time, starting with Conflipper.
#3 If you have to do another hard reset, run it a day without any add-ons. I ran the FF Beta for a few days with out problems (currently on SE).
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertimus2002 View Post
For the last 2 mornings, I grab my phone off the charger, it freezes and then hard resets itself. I am running FF.

I always do the flash dance when flashing a new ROM, but if FF continues to do that I can't run it.

The only mods I have installed are Arcsoft MMS, Cookies 1.71 and Conflipper Weather Database. Can anyone help? I've had to set it up 3 times in less than 24 hours
Old 05-02-2010, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Could it be . . . ?

After spending countless hours reading in the PPC Geeks forum, mainly in the Mr X and Mighty Rom threads, nagging questions keeps hounding me. It takes me back to my younger days when I was a devout fan of Super Hero comic books. Every super hero (and most villains for that matter) had a secret identity. One they could use in every day life among "common" people. The other, usually dressed in a brightly colored costume, where they freely display and use a super power of some kind.
Now I pose this question. Has anyone ever seen Mr X and Mighty Mike in the same room together at the same time? OR does one conveniently and discretely disappear just before the other shows up? Is it a coincidence that the two best ROM chefs out there have very similar work, yet with it's own subtle differences?
How about that they BOTH have links on the Mighty Rom web site? Or that so many cabs out there have BOTH names attached to them (provisioning, tethering, etc)? BOTH have used the same sys version 21889 for the last several builds.
Has anyone else noticed this, and if so seen other similarities that I have failed to mention? Maybe they are business partners. Maybe they are good friends. Maybe they are friendly rivals. BUT, then again, maybe they are truly one in the same!
The only problem with this line of thinking is that neither is a meek and mild mannered personality, and BOTH are super heroes in their own right.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bsmoove386 is keeping up the good workbsmoove386 is keeping up the good work

Does anyone know if certain games even if they are not running could freeze ur phone ive had to soft reset manually three times in the last 24 hours im just guessing if maybe its the games because I have a number of apps and tweaks installed and I like every last one of them..Ive experienced freezing or extreme lagging with almost every rom i tried so it must be something im installing..i kind of doubt the games are the reasons why..I'm pretty confident it maybe the Cookies Home Tab..because after i started using the lock with cookies on other roms i experienced less stability issues. So with that being said does anyone experience freezes and have cookies installed or if u have cookies what are your settings..do you have more than one page of quicklinks (i have 2)

Customize your keyboard to do other things thanks to Tarkim

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240
Old 05-02-2010, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Could it be . . . ?

what a trip. I guess you never know.

I think Mike is actually Jack Bauer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
After spending countless hours reading in the PPC Geeks forum, mainly in the Mr X and Mighty Rom threads, nagging questions keeps hounding me. It takes me back to my younger days when I was a devout fan of Super Hero comic books. Every super hero (and most villains for that matter) had a secret identity. One they could use in every day life among "common" people. The other, usually dressed in a brightly colored costume, where they freely display and use a super power of some kind.
Now I pose this question. Has anyone ever seen Mr X and Mighty Mike in the same room together at the same time? OR does one conveniently and discretely disappear just before the other shows up? Is it a coincidence that the two best ROM chefs out there have very similar work, yet with it's own subtle differences?
How about that they BOTH have links on the Mighty Rom web site? Or that so many cabs out there have BOTH names attached to them (provisioning, tethering, etc)? BOTH have used the same sys version 21889 for the last several builds.
Has anyone else noticed this, and if so seen other similarities that I have failed to mention? Maybe they are business partners. Maybe they are good friends. Maybe they are friendly rivals. BUT, then again, maybe they are truly one in the same!
The only problem with this line of thinking is that neither is a meek and mild mannered personality, and BOTH are super heroes in their own right.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Cookie Home Tab is perhaps one of the top mods for the TP2. No way it's that...by itself. But you had stuff on top of it, especially out of date games/packages...that could definitely be it.

As we tell everyone, start from MR scratch, add one cab at a time and go from there. it's not the cookie home tab, so you can add that first, but add one of your "games" at a time and you'll find the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoove386 View Post
Does anyone know if certain games even if they are not running could freeze ur phone ive had to soft reset manually three times in the last 24 hours im just guessing if maybe its the games because I have a number of apps and tweaks installed and I like every last one of them..Ive experienced freezing or extreme lagging with almost every rom i tried so it must be something im installing..i kind of doubt the games are the reasons why..I'm pretty confident it maybe the Cookies Home Tab..because after i started using the lock with cookies on other roms i experienced less stability issues. So with that being said does anyone experience freezes and have cookies installed or if u have cookies what are your settings..do you have more than one page of quicklinks (i have 2)
Old 05-02-2010, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post
anyone getting SOD issues with FF? It doesn't seem as bad but when my phone has been sitting for a while, turning on takes a while and multiple presses.

I got this with the last official MR also, guess its just my luck
Im using FF experiencing the same n freezes do you have any of these games installed:
Dragonball
Experiment 13
Xtraxt
pocketuno
splinter cell convinction
need 4 speed undercover
assassin creed 2
prince of persia
spiderman toxic city
Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
Cookie Home Tab is perhaps one of the top mods for the TP2. No way it's that...by itself. But you had stuff on top of it, especially out of date games/packages...that could definitely be it.

As we tell everyone, start from MR scratch, add one cab at a time and go from there. it's not the cookie home tab, so you can add that first, but add one of your "games" at a time and you'll find the culprit.
yea i figured that would be the best way to find out but i got my phone just how i like it
but these sods and freezes are going to make me crazy..i guess I hav to put on my lab coat n start experimenting

tweaks to manila like transparent calendar tab or clean home by santod is highly doubtful right?
Old 05-02-2010, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

I hadn't thought of that, but I do see the resemblance in Mike's Avatar Pic.

My favorite Jack Bauer joke:
Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

Last edited by GaryMcQ; 05-02-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
I hadn't thought of that, but I do see the resemblance in Mike's Avatar Pic.

My favorite Jack Bauer joke:
Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.
as a 24 fan... i hadnt really read any of the jokes... but... wow... L O L

EDIT: and i LOL'd more... see what you guys made me do... (some of them arent funny to me at least... but at least half are)
http://www.funny-joke-rating.com/bes...uer_jokes.html
(and my fav goes to: "When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn't go off, security gives him a gun." )

Last edited by Kane3162; 05-02-2010 at 10:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
They are different people, trust me on that one.

Quote:

He's not Jack Bauer, he's Chuck.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2