PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 01:55 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Yeah, it wasn't Mike's FF ROM that caused the issues. Here's what I'm struggling with . . . I don't like the "X" won't close issue with WM6.5.3 nor do I like the limited quick links in Sense 2.5. So I installed MMTaskManager for a work-around to the first issue and Cookies Home Tab for the other. That's when I started having hardware button issues. But I had also installed and uninstalled SPB Mobile Shell.
So I decided to quickly flash back to the 021010 ROM because I had a good SPB Backup for it, rather than spending all the time to start over with the beta. I'll wait for the three new releases, might choose a different one than FF, and give Cookies Home Tab another try and see if I'm hardware button error free. If not, I really do like the 021010 ROM w/SPB Mobile Shell setup, which works great without any issues. Makes it hard to move to something new at the cost of dealing with bugs!

PS - I also like the older version of Opera better than the one in FF
Just my experience...be careful with SPB Backup...although a nice program it can backup files that can cause headaches with updated ROMs...but if it works for you by all means...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartslovejones View Post
Hey y'all! I see that this thread is really gone crazy! Between, looking at the menu for breakfast & lunch, pissing off Mike and checking out the HOT chick (& yes she is hot!) and no, I can't say she's my wife. My head is spinning. But my issue is this: since Sunday I have been running the OF beta and things were going great. Then this morning, I have a phantom text and when I send one, my recipient will receive it twice? I have not installed anything crazy or new since Monday and today is Friday?
I've had that happen before...after doing a flash it cleared it I believe...my friend once had a glitch where his phone would send me a text randomly saying Hey whats up...at all hours of the night I couldn't take it so I reflashed his phone and no more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I'll second the SE, it's freaking awesome.

All I have to say is that my server is going to suffer.

And Esch, what's it with that sunset avatar, I found you much better. lol

Z
I guess I shouldn't count the chickens before they are hatched but to me as you guys stated and what the screenshots show from Mike is that it has some extra eye candy...I guess I am kinda wary about extras making it to bloated...but like I said I haven't tried nor have we heard any real announcements about whats inside SE so I will wait and more than likely try it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
LOL. Well, it's been a year so I figured I may as well as an avatar by now

I grew up in SoCal and my wife is a blond surfer girl from Hawaii... so the beach is hard-wired into us I'll switch out the avatar from time to time though

And I speak several languages so once in a while I'll change out my 'vip' tag to something foreign and you can have fun figuring out what it says
I feel so peaceful looking at your Avatar Esch...

Old 04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyme187 View Post
FF Beta is Pure Sex so i guess SE is Gonna be automatically orgasmic lol
FF is for those wanting 6.5.x

SE is for those who want a tricked out version of just 6.5

If you want to keep 6.5.x, then you'll want to stay on FF when it officially drops
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHoDiUM (TP2)
Carrier: CRiCkeT

rhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIP

Quote:
FF is for those wanting 6.5.x

SE is for those who want a tricked out version of just 6.5

If you want to keep 6.5.x, then you'll want to stay on FF when it officially drops
lol i know that bro im just sayin its fresh as hell
Old 04-30-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuff

Quick question for all the Sashimi users on the beta ROMs -- any issues or gotchas with restoring the usual stuff (Manila settings, etc.) when moving from the current official 6.5 ROM to the 6.5.x (FF) ROM? Wondering if any registry keys are moved or not used in 6.5.x, and whether you saw any problems restoring your 6.5 settings onto the 6.5.x ROM? Good idea or bad idea? Thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

wakko69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69

"I want all the flavors, Got to get them all!"

Also anyone know how to save e-mail configuration so when I flash my phone. I don't have to set all 5 of my e-mail accounts up again?
Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
LOL. Well, it's been a year so I figured I may as well as an avatar by now

I grew up in SoCal and my wife is a blond surfer girl from Hawaii... so the beach is hard-wired into us I'll switch out the avatar from time to time though

And I speak several languages so once in a while I'll change out my 'vip' tag to something foreign and you can have fun figuring out what it says
So right now, you're an intelligent Caucasian or foreigner, yeah, I know how to use google.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Old 04-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
So right now, you're an intelligent Caucasian or foreigner, yeah, I know how to use google.

Z
LOL. haole is what they call white people who live (or have lived) on the island... akamai just means i'm a geek

I should have figured that someone with your level of clearance in the D.C. scene should have the resources to figure it out
Old 04-30-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakko69 View Post
"I want all the flavors, Got to get them all!"

Also anyone know how to save e-mail configuration so when I flash my phone. I don't have to set all 5 of my e-mail accounts up again?
You have to create a provisioning XML (PROVXML) file to do this -- the email account settings arent in the registry or a file you can back up, but in a system DB on the device. Here's an example of what a PROVXML looks like to create one POP3 email account (replacing the double brackets and what's between them with your own info):

<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="EMAIL2">
<characteristic type="{0d06040e-0e09-020f-0b0f-09080e06010b}">
<parm name="CONNECTIONID" value="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}" />
<parm name="SERVICENAME" value="[[EMAIL ACCOUNT NAME]]" />
<parm name="SERVICETYPE" value="POP3" />
<parm name="INSERVER" value="[[INCOMING SERVER]]" />
<parm name="OUTSERVER" value="[[OUTGOING SERVER]]" />
<parm name="NAME" value="[[DISPLAY NAME]]" />
<parm name="AUTHNAME" value="[[EMAIL USERNAME]]" />
<parm name="AUTHSECRET" value="[[PASSWORD]]" />
<parm name="DOMAIN" value="" />
<parm name="REPLYADDR" value="[[REPLY-TO ADDRESS]]" />
<parm name="FORMAT" value="2" />
<parm name="LINGER" value="60" />
<parm name="RETRIEVE" value="2048" />
<parm name="KEEPMAX" value="" />
<parm name="DWNDAY" value="-1" />
<characteristic type="TAGPROPS">
<parm name="8128000B" value="1"/>
<parm name="812C000B" value="1"/>
</characteristic>
<parm name="AUTHREQUIRED" value="1" />
<parm name="SMTPALTENABLED" value="0" />
<parm name="SMTPALTAUTHNAME" value="" />
<parm name="SMTPALTPASSWORD" value="" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

Obviously that doesn't look like a lot of fun to code, and it's not. There are some cool tools out there, particularly the Makisu module of SASHIMI that will let you fill out some form questions with your info and then programmatically build the PROVXML for you, so you might want to check that out. I will say that once you move to SASHIMI or UC and get your PROVXMLs built, you'll never go back to any other method of restoring settings. Good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro2

Soulmatic is becoming a great contributor

what are the chances.. that these "betas" become the release? cause im loving FF right now.. and dont see how MM can make it any better

but then again. i havent tried SE beta.. so i guess ill have to flash out anyway T_T
Old 04-30-2010, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ive had it happen but not on mm roms and ive got 3
Well it happened for me again yesterday lol, maybe its them idk, not a big problem though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmatic View Post
uhm.. i SENT a SMS twice about 5 hours apart for some reason.. if that counts? on OF beta
That used to happen to me on NRGz and some Mighty roms, the cause I found was then sometimes when your text gets canceled when sending, you know when the message pops up saying message can't be sent cuz usually you're receiving one at the same time or something, that message gets saved in your drafts, so when you click on the red message to resend, it will resend but the message will still be saved as draft, so when you reboot your phone your maybe even phone connection, it will resend those. Not sure if it still happens though lol

But one thing I've noticed is that now that I've been running FF for a few days, its very slow after a while. So slow that the weather on the home page lag like crazy, I can't even send a text as it just hangs and even start wont open, all I can do is soft reset. No idea why this happens, maybe I should flash back to stock? Or do that Task29 thing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2