PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

upparoom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Anyone else seeing this problem with the ROM? Havent installed anything on top of Mighty and I'm not using Sense, I'm using the standard Windows desktop

very randomly, at least twice a day, the phone loses sound. What I mean is, if someone calls or texts messages me, the phone vibrates but I dont get any sound. I have the volume all the way up and I have wav and mp3 files set as ringtones, so it should make some noise. Also I have it to make a click sound when I hit menu buttons etc, and those are silent. I have to soft reset to clear it up. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by upparoom View Post
Anyone else seeing this problem with the ROM? Havent installed anything on top of Mighty and I'm not using Sense, I'm using the standard Windows desktop

very randomly, at least twice a day, the phone loses sound. What I mean is, if someone calls or texts messages me, the phone vibrates but I dont get any sound. I have the volume all the way up and I have wav and mp3 files set as ringtones, so it should make some noise. Also I have it to make a click sound when I hit menu buttons etc, and those are silent. I have to soft reset to clear it up. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Are you running a custom task bar? That and some other programs you might have loaded can cause this.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1150; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upparoom

no this isnt a rom issue.

taskbar issues are the direct result.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

upparoom is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1150; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

no this isnt a rom issue.

taskbar issues are the direct result.
im using whatever task bar comes standard on Mighty Rom. would you recommend I switch it to something else then?

How do I do this?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

cptok is keeping up the good workcptok is keeping up the good work

Any thoughts on IMPACT getting updated with 23554?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
im using whatever task bar comes standard on Mighty Rom. would you recommend I switch it to something else then?

How do I do this?
Post all the cabs and mods you've installed
Old 04-08-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

upparoom is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Post all the cabs and mods you've installed
I havent installed anything other than what is included on the 3/22/2010 version of MightyRom

all I've done is turned off Sense UI
Old 04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuff

Quote:
I havent installed anything other than what is included on the 3/22/2010 version of MightyRom

all I've done is turned off Sense UI
If that's the case and you've really installed nothing but the ROM, then there's a pretty good chance you have a bad flash artifact somewhere. Rather than fiddling around the edges with reflashes, you might as well go industrial strength and do Ziggy's Task 29 process to clear and reformat your NAND flash memory:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...68&postcount=6

Then I'd reflash MR 03.22 and see how you make out. If the problem persists, you might actually have a hardware issue, but that seems unlikely.

You could also take the intermediate step of turning the Sense UI *on* for a couple of days and see if the problem exhibits itself there as well. If it doesn't happen under Sense, then there might be a bug on the Titanium side that few of us would see -- but again, somewhat unlikely as at the level of things like the audio driver, many of those DLLs are common.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

xjack is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Curtis8 needs some assistance with the Wiki.
Thanks to Mike for the ROMs, Curtis8 for the Wiki, and all the other geeks for the cabs/mods/tweaks/hacks, etc...

Hope this helps with the Wiki... I'll add more as I remember what was installed prior to flashing 3-23.

cabs/Apps that work for me on ROM 3-23 (none of these were back tested with 2-10 ROM)

imnuts Verizon ArcSoft MMS 5.2.12.45 20100204
tsowentaskbar3v1.5_tp2 (with 1% & 7bar mods from Page 1)
gadget1 Black Calculator skin
Geolab Manila Softkey (changes the left softkey)
tjELITE Black Opera splash
Santods 2.5 no curtain/no background/bg4All stuff
pTasks (Manila flavored touch friendly outlook tasks program)
Cambridge vxutil (network tools - ping, trace, etc)
SonicWALL NetExtender VPN Mobile 3.5.7

Stuff that has worked on BOTH 2-10 and 3-23
hAndyPowerButton
xTask 2.2_ENG
SmartLock 1.7
HD Tweak 0.5.4
htcAddicts cleanRAM v2.0
Mushi hComber (start menu icon changer)
Groovemobile Alpha6
CodeWalletPro v6 (not-for-free code/card/bank/pin/password locker)
CodeWallet Desktop Companion (syncs alongside ActiveSync)
Ziggy's Backup

Stuff that doesn't work with 3-23
SmartLock 2.0E (broke the volume buttons - 1.7 works fine)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
The only thing I wish this ROM had was the Arcsoft version that came with the Sprint update. If that's my only gripe then the ROM is pretty damn good IMO.

Why? Because I have yet to have a single problem occur with that version of Arcsoft.
Anyone have a ROM dump of sprint stock or at least the Arcsoft portion of it? If so, I can cab it up and post it for people then.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2