PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimensi0n View Post
ugggg... back to the Sprint Stock ROM for me. Sry mike, I tried it again after sprint released the update and you applied it to your rom, but 4 days later of using your ROM, the ringer stopped working and system got sluggish.

I am so over trying to fix things on roms. Back to stock until I switch to Android. TP2 was the biggest waste of $$$ from my phone purchases to date (when I worked for Sprint, I bought a new phone every month so that is really saying something).
If you're really that fed up, and the price is right, I'd be interested in a backup phone.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Old 04-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
It's not created or even offically endorsed by HTC. A guy over at XDA is the one behind it, but it's still very much a work in progress.

Several people had been asking for it, but it's kind of complicated to install. So ziggy simplified the process and just cabbed it up for those who wanted it
Not ripping on Z's work to simplify the install. That part was great.

The app itself, my review is that it's not far enough for my liking.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_RAIN View Post
Not ripping on Z's work to simplify the install. That part was great.

The app itself, my review is that it's not far enough for my liking.
I'd have to agree, but I figured what the hell, people were asking for it, and I was tired of working on the car. So I cabbed it up, wrote a custom setup.dll to kill manila, delete the manilafull.xml, install the files, and then restart manila. And of course I can't forget my now official tester, Echelon who installed like 6-10 different versions until we got it all working.

Z
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

computerpro3 is becoming a great contributor

Mike, awesome work, but how come you didn't include the "drag to rearrange start menu icons" feature?

It's such an absolutely basic feature that Windows mobile should have, it just astounds me that we can't do it natively.

Does adding that break something?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender519 View Post
I tried this, and still didn't solve the issue for me. I'm using version 1.1.12.9 and no matter what I do, after I type my password it says No connection available, do you want to call *86 to get your voicemail.

This same cab worked on the FINAL version of 2.1 SenseUI as well as many versions before it, so not sure what changed.. just about everything else works on this ROM, but would be nice to use Verizon VVM seeing as how it's a paid service.
Did you try the fix on page 1 of this thread? I used that and got it to work. Although it's back to the old habit of only playing through the speaker (no earpiece).

Anyone getting VVM it to work throught the earpiece?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyme187 View Post
Hey Purian any Chance you will be Making a SLAP A HOE RED THEME for us?
Most definately., sorry all for the delay on these, even the 1st one.. I've been soo busy and with nice weather.. !! All that follows mowing, Riding my GSXR .. Work and Family LOL.. But i'll get them going trust me.. MightyROM Exclusive Themes will be worth the Wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I'd have to agree, but I figured what the hell, people were asking for it, and I was tired of working on the car. So I cabbed it up, wrote a custom setup.dll to kill manila, delete the manilafull.xml, install the files, and then restart manila. And of course I can't forget my now official tester, Echelon who installed like 6-10 different versions until we got it all working.

Z
GREAT!!!! Job today Ziggy !!!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nismo95tt is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aagiants View Post
Mike,

This rom is awesome, i love the features of this ROM... I have used about 10 versions of yours and NEVER had a problem... until now!

This is the big one which is really annoying, and i truly think its a bug.-
Whenever i call a number which has an automated answering service where i have to hit a number to be connected, my microphone is muted and the person on the other line can not here me. I have tried a hard reset, reflashing etc, but no matter how many times i call i keep accidently prank calling people!! anyone else having problems here?
I've experienced this before too, but while using an older MR (20100210?)...The problem only occurred when using my bluetooth headset (jawbone prime) though...

Were you using your bluetooth at the time when this occurred? Is it repeatable?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

strijder is keeping up the good workstrijder is keeping up the good work

This ROM works well with the GTX Sense 2012 that was referred to by Mighty (http://www.mightyrom.com/2010/03/11/gtx-sense/). This mod was released today.

The dialer appears to work after installation:

Installation notes for Mighty's latest (3/23/2010) rom (based on my personal experience loading it from a slightly "messy" state and then after a hard reset):
*Download the theme from this location and be sure to thank and/or donate to ElCondor and Kamill
* Use the CFC Uncompressed version with Mighty's ROM
* This theme conflicts with SantoD's mods (no 10 shortcuts on home )
* Facebook tab is not supported (but I believe they are working on this)
* They are also working on a taskbar, but I suspect it will be GSM only
* The mod installs Cookie's Home Tab; download and use the latest CHTEditor to customize Manilla. I have no idea how well it will play with any other Manilla mods
* If you use CHTEditor, don't adjust the settings for Call History or Calendar; if you make them disappear automatically or disappear altogether, it alters the Calendar box on the home screen and makes the background dark, thereby rendering it difficult to read
* I used a custom icon set for the icons on the home page (found here) and used JWMD Icon Changer to change the icons. This tool can be hit or miss (works for some icons but not others, like Comm Manager and Opera 10). If anybody know of a better way to change program icons in WinMo and Manilla, I'm all ears!
* I modified a lockscreen (found here) to fit with this theme:

I have no idea how to cab up the changes I made... I simply changed image files and overwrote them on my device. What's the best way to make a cab to do this so that I don't have to do it with every boot? Also, what's the best way to make the background image work in both portrait and landscape orientations?

Overall, I like the clean look of this mod. I do, however, need a better theme/task bar, preferably something with dark text and a white background that won't break my dialer - any ideas or recommendations?

I think that's the longest post I have ever put up on PPCGeeks - let me know if you would like any additional screenshots or have any questions!

-Strijder

Last edited by strijder; 04-01-2010 at 10:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

slash007 is a n00b

I upgraded to this rom from 2/4/10 mighty rom and I was using the modded purian taskbar from the first page, and it worked great. After upgrading to the 3/23 rom, I am having issues with it, and after searching I don't see any other people with the same problem. All of the icons are good and working except for the signal meter. Instead of what it should be with the purian taskbar, it is a white square with a small x in the top left corner and some weird looking symbol in the middle that I can't really tell what it is. At first I installed the taskbar last after installing all of my programs and I thought that maybe something was corrupt, so I did another hard reset and installed the taskbar first and I still have the same issue. I tried using the ninja android taskbar and the signal bar icon works fine on that, but I really prefer the Purian taskbar and would like to use it if possible. Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong or how to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

andsoitgoes is becoming a great contributor

Okay, let me first say as I've done a babillion times in the past...

THANK YOU MIKE.

This is bar none a kick butt rom. I love it. I actually enjoy using my phone again. Rock flippin solid!!

That said, HELP. My memory usage is killing me, absolutely killing me. My Opera shuts down all the time, it seems the second I open it my memory usage jumps to 80% and if I open a tab, and try to do ANYTHING else, it's done.

I feel like I'm using an iPhone, no ability to multitask... Sigh.

I know I use Activesync and have really only installed the updated devicelock.

To give an idea, I have only Opera loaded right now after a bit of usage, and it's sitting at 23megs free.

Is it Activesync?

Is there anything I can turn off to help speed things up? I love the animation and all, but I'd be happy getting rid of it to ensure stuff isn't dying.

Thanks again!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2