PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

I came from the Diamond and Touch Pro. I used ROMs with Windows 6.5 that had the start menu at the bottom. Is that still an option? I really liked that feature.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_22 View Post
ok, I flashed back to stock, then back to mightyrom, and I'm having the same problem. The power button does not shut the phone down. Now what? Its not that big of a deal, but I do want it to work properly.
I think (as it has been stated) that USC phones use end as power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Ask and you shall receive...

DotFred's Task Manager links for the non-organized Start Menu CLICK HERE

DotFred's Task Manager links for the organized Start Menu CLICK HERE

Z
Added to FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by loader187 View Post
which i understand that but is there a link that shows the difference between the flavors so I can decide without having to ask everyone.
6.5.3 has the taskbar (start menu, etc) at the bottom. That is the main cosmetic difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
IMNUTS: I think I found a bug in your Sprint MMS cabs showing under the user agent key located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader and also WspHeader2.
User-Agent key shows a value of pcdxv6875 instead of T7380. As soon as I changed this up and rebooted (for good measure) I could finally send a text to myself, but still got a perminent error when it came back through. After a few more hard resets to clear changes and further troubleshooting, I came across a change that seemed to fix this also.
The key located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1 labeled AppendURI turned out to be the issue. Changing this from 1 to 0 allowed me to send/recieve MMS properly. I'll try to get around to some further testing this afternoon, but I've been up all night. need sleep.

For anyone else having an issue with the sprint MMS cab posted on page one, here's a quick rundown. This may work with other carriers, but I haven't tested any further than sprint to see how far the wave travels.

If you can't send an MMS on Sprint:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader2
Edit the User-Agent key in both of these locations to a value of T7380. (Replacing pcdxv6875) Reboot and try to send yourself an MMS. The Icon should show it uploading in the taskbar with a check mark when it's done. If it does not, you have bigger issues than I can help with. If it works congrats.

If you can send but recieve a "Perminent Error" message instead of the pic you sent go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1 and change the value of AppendURI from 1 to 0. Now try sending again.

(Just for those that need it before anything gets fixed.)

Mighty, sorry I strayed there for a bit. I'm back now. Just wasn't feeling the energy. <-- Sleepy pun.
I added a link to this in the FAQ, but it works perfect for me without this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalliWackr View Post
My brother and I are both using imnuts 5.2.12.45 and there doesn't seem to be issues. Working fine on the Now Network
And you too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post
I had been using a different MMS version. I switched to the newly posted ones with this newest MR update.

I cannot send pictures. I can get them fine, but cannot receive.
What did you install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethis1 View Post
does ANYONE experience a pretty significant lag when sliding out of the Home tab on manila 2.5 roms?? i always read around the forums that 2.5 now runs just as smoothly as 2.1...but i don't see this at all. it runs smoothly after the first boot, but as soon as i put in some quicklinks, the tabs are choppy when sliding from the Home tab.

this can't just be me experiencing this problem. if anyone can help, please do so. thanks!!
Yes, I do. It is related to how much you have on their. For example, no location on = WAY less lag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
I believe you're right, and I know this has been working for most. Perhaps I should mention (Since I forgot to before) that I'm on a sprint phone using boost mobile cdma as my carrier. This may be no problem for the way things are set up on a normal sprint phone, but for some reason it didn't play nice with boost. Usually I just change the server address and it will take right off. Everything else remains the same, as it uses sprint's network for everything anyway. I only saw this as a way to further diversify the file for use with better support. In retrospect, I guess if the file works, it works, but if it does not, the reg settings provided in my original post are an option. If it fixed it for me by only being more specific in telling the reg that my phone is actually what it is, and seeing as the current key value entry is obviously not the phone model anyone here is using, I guess I was saying "diversify" and you are say don't fix what aint broken. Perfectly fine by me. I can do a few reg changes when I need them. Food for thought if you ever plan on doing an update to the 5.2.12.62 version that came with the new sprint rom. I only found it on one rom so far. Not sure of what updates are involved.
And that may be why yuou need all those changes listed above...
Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
Mike should cook in Opera Mini 5 as the default browser for his next release
Not stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCMotor View Post
I had the Blue theme I got on mightyrom.com, but since then I installed the tjElite dialer and it works fine now.
All those themes are not good since they are for 2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
does anyone happen to keep a "bug" list (you know like a bug tracker) I have seen quite a few things reported (over 75% of them user/.cab related) and id just like to see whats up... (for MR of course not Stock)
I try to keep one in the bottom of the third post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4get75 View Post
Anyone else get a MightyROM update notification tonight?
No

I'm Back, FAQ updated/ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I came from the Diamond and Touch Pro. I used ROMs with Windows 6.5 that had the start menu at the bottom. Is that still an option? I really liked that feature.
Yes, called 6.5.3 not yet here for mightyrom...coming soon
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sinman02 is becoming a great contributor

Just wanted to offer my feedback of this ROM after playing around with it for the last week:

First, this rom looks a lot better than 2.1, and 2.5 has some niffty if not critical features. I've tried other 2.5 roms in the past and have always reverted back to 2.1 because the speed was just not up to par. This is the first 2.5 rom where the speed was not affected to the point of being a dealbreaker. Having said that, I feel Mike's 2.1 was definitely faster. Nothing too surprising here... I should add that I installed cookie's home tab and got it to work well, albeit with some overall performance degradation (particularly when coming out of the manila home tab). Again, nothing deal-breaking...

A point that may be especially relevant to some of the users of this rom is that I did have the SOD issue and some inexplicable, seemingly random problems when I first installed the rom. The flash sequence that I used first was: 1)clear storage, 2)install Sprint 6.5, 3)install Mightyrom and provision, 4)clear storage. Generally speaking, the rom worked for the most part ok. The biggest issue after this original sequence was problems during boot up. I would get messages saying that an app failed to load due to not enough memory or something similar. The device would often lock up during boot up or sometimes just randomly. After countless re-boots and trying to tweak the settings without consistent improvement, I tried to re-flash the radio again, but it didn't fix the problems. Finally, I decided to start over, but this time, my flash sequence was: 1)clear storage, 2)install Sprint 6.5, 3) clear storage, 4) install Mightrom and provision, 5)clear storage.

I haven't had a startup error or SOD since (knocks on wood). Overall, I'm very impressed with the performance and stability of this rom. It didn't come at first, but now that I got it working right, it's the best rom I've used yet. The fact that I used the exact same files to re-flash the second time and that I no longer have these problems tells me that my issues were caused by something being corrupted during the initial flash. I'm not sure if or why the additional clear storage step fixed it, but it did. The only lingering bug that I've found is that the default zoom in PIE is huge for some reason for any page it renders. I'm still looking for a solution to that one.

My suggestion to anyone who has any SOD or similar issues with this release: take the time to re-flash. It just may change the whole experience for you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ibleedbloo is becoming a great contributor

Quick question for the team. Is there quick and/or easy way to create shortcuts in the start menu of programs installed on my SD card? I currently use Total Commander, but thats a one at a time system. Anyway to speed up the process?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedbloo View Post
Quick question for the team. Is there quick and/or easy way to create shortcuts in the start menu of programs installed on my SD card? I currently use Total Commander, but thats a one at a time system. Anyway to speed up the process?
Yes, use shasimi to restore the shortcut files.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

imaginethis1 is a n00b

ehh, after a few days running...i was a lot more impressed with the 2.1. it is exciting to see development with manila 2.5, but i want to see some more development on making 2.1 even faster awesome work nonetheless.

2.1 ROMS on TP2 FTW!! SPEED SPEED SPEED!!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Can a few Sprint/Boost users test this cab for MMS to see if it still works for Sprint users and works without issue for Boost users.

EDIT: These changes were made:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader
User-Agent=T7380

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader2
User-Agent=T7380

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1
AppendURI=0
I installed this, but it does not seem any different than the one in the FAQs....It does however appear to work... Is there anyway for the picture to show up in the HTC notification the way it used to with the stock 6.1 rom?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis8 View Post
I would advise that you try to better word your posts in the future. If you had simply asked where the older versions of MightyROM are stored several people would have likely sent you a link to the Wiki

Also something to note, Mike uses the same storage location for all his ROMs so if you want an older version simply take the download location link and change the date:
lilrico.com/Mighty/RhodiumW/ROM/MightyROM_RhodiumW_021010.exe
becomes (for the Feb 4, 2010 build)
lilrico.com/Mighty/RhodiumW/ROM/MightyROM_RhodiumW_020410.exe
Thanks for the information! Do you have any idea if LOVE is still available for download anywhere? I've searched on MightyROM.com and have even tried replacing "IMPACT" with "LOVE" in the download but I don't think LOVE is still on the server.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

hookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Thanks for the information! Do you have any idea if LOVE is still available for download anywhere? I've searched on MightyROM.com and have even tried replacing "IMPACT" with "LOVE" in the download but I don't think LOVE is still on the server.
I have love on file would you like me to upload it somewhere?make take 20 to 30 min
Old 04-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

hookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahzorr View Post
I have love on file would you like me to upload it somewhere?make take 20 to 30 min
Scratch that only 10min
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2