PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 10:52 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Well, my point was that since Verizon allows you to upgrade a year early, perhaps Sprint will too. Doesn't hurt to ask 'em, right?

As for the ROM locking up, this is due to "Windows Rot". I was going to advise you to do a hard reset, but that would be insulting since you're not exactly a n00b around here and I figured you had probably already considered that option.

You can always try another ROM too. Energy seems to run pretty fast lately since it uses newer, less buggy builds of WinMo and a faster Sense version (2018 )
Sprint is not going to do me any favors since I have a legacy plan and I pay less than $37/mo (after taxes/fees). I am eligible to get a partial discount on an upgrade, but I don't want to pay $400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Do you have a lot of email and/or text messages? If so, don't sync as much email and clear out some of your old messages. Also, are you installing any manila mods?
I don't have that many text messages or emails. I have been starting to get a lot of #777 errors lately too. It probably is just windows rot, because this is the longest I have gone without flashing (EVER). I guess if there is no final MightyROM release by October I'll flash to something else.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

1 Krazy Kanuck is a n00b

Well after a year of using my TP2 I have switched to the dark side.
I bought 3 iPhone 4's to replace our TP2's. If it wasnt for Mike I would have returned these phones back to Telus along time ago. But as soon as Mike gave up on these phones I knew the writing was on the wall as our phones havent worked well since we bought them.

The only other option we had would have been a Blackberry, but they didnt have anything decent or current in our market yet. I heard the Storm 3 was coming out in November, but I would have beaten the crap out my TP2 long before that as i have resorted to pulling the battery at least once per day due to the consant freezing we were experiencing. I have never had anything other than Mike roms running so I know it isnt from a 3rd party, just crappy hardware, and buggy Windows 6.5 problems.

I know alot of users have switched to Android, but after all the hassles this past year, I wanted a phone that actually would let me answer my in comming calls and text messages without freezing up. Im sure the Android phones will be much better as time goes by, but having so many people using 1 specific phone means there will be plenty off apps and accessories available compared to all the other phones on the market. I never did find a decent case for the TP2 which was another huge reason I wanted a iPhone 4.

I have been visiting this site at least once per day for the past year, but now I doubt I will be around much longer.

I would like to thank Mike and all the other helpful people on these forums for making this past year as enjoyable as possible.

Last edited by 1 Krazy Kanuck; 09-16-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Just wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone

I obviously have not been around for a while as I've been busy with personal matters the last little while.

I will drop by soon to read up and see what's been happening lately.

Take care guys/gals!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

i had something witty to say here, like about replacing "personal matters" with "Android"... and stuff about a final MR and dodging the inevitable questions...

but my backspace likes to cancel out messages and take its "back"space function seriously (i blame the trackpad on my laptop)... and you can guess from what i put above

Anywho... hard reset time (still on MR)

Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post

I obviously have not been around for a while as I've been busy with personal matters the last little while.

Take care guys/gals!
Hope everything is ok... Good luck with what you have on your plate.
Thanks for the hello. Ttyl bro...
Old 09-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post

Take care guys/gals!
glad to see you're still around MM!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to S8perman

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemamaof1 View Post
OK removed all three and started over here are the results:

This is the latest imnuts post with Arcsoft cabs NON-THREADED.

**Works to send but I can't receive

This is the latest imnuts post with Arcsoft cabs THREADED.

**Works to send but I can't receive

Finally, there is this cab which does not have threading, and has support for .gif.

** I can't send or recieve I get this error: "Picture Mail is Not supported on this Platform"

Any help would be MUCH appreciated, I have been searching all day to no avail.
Hello....install the attached cab..soft reset and you should be good2go.
*Sprint Only!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Arcsoft MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c.cab (4.52 MB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:17 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

I read a couple of pages and seeing what some are saying about ROM's and what not... Pretty interesting read....

I have to let you guys know that after I converted to Android, I HATED LIFE! I had to re-learn a lot, but after those pains got taken care of, I must say, it's the best decision I've made. Simply put, you cannot challenge Google's clouds tech. everything is done over the air! No need for active sync or anything like that. Plus there's tons of add-ins for your Chrome or FF to interact with your phone without having to touch it. I remembered I relied on Outlook, now Gmail has replaced it, I don't even use MS products! I exported my contacts and uploaded it to Google, and I was done! Everything was in there except for contact pictures, but the contact notes and all that other data was there. By the time I completed the upload, all of my contacts were on my phone, I didn't have to do anything or hook anything up, I just logged into my gmail account once on my phone and I was done.

ROM's aren't really needed with Android phones because they come out working great! You may need to switch kernels around for more performance, but that's just about it. Most people who use ROM's use it for 2 things: To have a ROM free of Sense or to have a ROM that has no carrier apps, other than that, the need for custom ROM's to enjoy your phone is over. I remember working with Mike on this Project for the Diamond, TP and TP and if those phones didn't have these custom ROM's they were simply crap!

I would love to do one last Hurrah with Mike, I guess for the TP2, but I sold mine, I have nothing to test with, the files I used to have are all gone now, the server is still there sitting, and the update would be really minor IMO. Not too much has changed since the last build...

I remember staying up with Mike till like 4am - 6am building and testing stuff, making major releases, having you guys kill my server :P. I remember changing servers like 6 times all to make your downloads quick without any ads. It was overwhelming, but fun at the same time.

Everyone has a different need when it comes to phones, I love my EVO, but I will admit, I miss the TP2 keyboard, to me, it is the best keyboard to ever touch a cellphone! I just cannot pull away from Google right now. If I ever forgot my cellphone and needed to make an emergency call, I could find someone with a Android phone, log into my gmail account and get all of my contact information and call who I needed. You're not going to be able to do that with any other mobile OS. Switching ROM's is easier and quicker on Android, UC has nothing on Titanium Backup! Every morning at 3am my entire phone is backed up to my SD card. If I were to ever remote wipe or factory reset my phone, 5 minutes is all it would take to restore every single thing! WM I had to create .cabs, create UC's and SDconfig files... LOL... Wow... Flash back!

Just thought I'd stop by, I still miss a lot of you's even though I don't come on here as I used to...
Old 09-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
<snip>
Good to hear from you again, Rico. Thanks for all the work you put into the earlier days of this ROM to make it more usable for the rest of us down the line. You deserve much thanks. You're right: It's amazing to see how far mobile OSes have come, and how fast they're improving - software and hardware alike. Feels like phone tech seems to be exceeding Moore's Law lately...

As for the rest of us still on the TP2, while Android seems to be kicking the TP2's butt lately, TP2 devs may still have a few tricks left up their sleeves. NRGZ just tweeted a possible breakthrough when it comes to the performance of our device. By replacing the start menu with a custom replacement (that looks like the 6.1 start menu), they've been able to free up 50-60 megs of RAM

(see here: Twitter / Energy: Developing a start menu re ... )

He plans to release it in a ROM later today. Hopefully this will fully roll out to the rest of the TP2 ROMs as time goes on. This update should really help in terms of speed and performance

UPDATE: You don't need to wait for this to be ported to a ROM in order to benefit from it. Head over to this post over at XDA to see how to use Colossus's start menu remover cab, and how to replace it with a much less RAM-hungry alternative:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=16392

Last edited by Eschelon; 09-17-2010 at 02:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:13 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Good to hear from you again, Rico. Thanks for all the work you put into the earlier days of this ROM to make it more usable for the rest of us down the line. You deserve much thanks. You're right: It's amazing to see how far mobile OSes have come, and how fast they're improving - software and hardware alike. Feels like phone tech seems to be exceeding Moore's Law lately...

As for the rest of us still on the TP2, while Android seems to be kicking the TP2's butt lately, TP2 devs may still have a few tricks left up their sleeves. NRGZ just tweeted a possible breakthrough when it comes to the performance of our device. By replacing the start menu with a custom replacement (that looks like the 6.1 start menu), they've been able to free up 50-60 megs of RAM

(see here: Twitter / Energy: Developing a start menu re ... )

He plans to release it in a ROM later today. Hopefully this will fully roll out to the rest of the TP2 ROMs as time goes on. This update should really help in terms of speed and performance

UPDATE: You don't need to wait for this to be ported to a ROM in order to benefit from it. Head over to this post over at XDA to see how to use Colossus's start menu remover cab, and how to replace it with a much less RAM-hungry alternative:

xda-developers - View Single Post - |MULTI LANG|BLAC|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018
That's awesome to hear, I'll be keeping up with his updates
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2