PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

HOLY CRAP!

Over the several times that I flashed the ROM, I had it running really fast once and couldn't duplicate it again.

I just reflashed it again and it still seemed choppy when switching between the three home screens. So I decided to delete all teh widgets and it ran smooth, so I started to put all of them back one by one until it started to stutter.

As soon as I put the digital clock on it lagged immediately, so I did the home page up without the digital clock and the analog clocks and it seemed to be real smooth.

So I did a reset data and just deleted the analog and digital clocks just to be sure, runs really smooth now!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

how is everyones battery life on this ROM?

Mine seems to drain a little faster than when I was on stock wm6.5 manila 2.5.

Charging all night I seem to have about 15% left at night (5am to about 10pm).

My details:
Lot of email (3 accounts, 1 outlook with push email, ms live account and gmail). Average about 80 emails a day across those 3 accounts.
Outlook and ms live account set to get email as they arrive, gmail set to poll every 1hr.
Lite surfing via Opera 10.
Around 250 contacts, 10 or so with Facebook linked.
Have ThumbCal loaded for Calendar.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

Last edited by PPCFreak; 08-17-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My battery use seems in line with yours.
I think it drains slightly faster with the current ROM than about 2 versions ago, but it could be just me.

I will say that up until a week or so ago it was draining really fast - barely lasting through the day. Then I noticed that I was running the 2.23 VZW radio while there was a newer 2.35 VZW radio available. I flashed the newer radio and it made difference in battery life. I live in a fringe area, so maybe it wont help you as much, but I would suggest flashing the newer radio if you haven't already.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackpaul View Post
I switched to this ROM over the weekend. I love the MaxSense interface and find this ROM to be very smooth. I'm having an issue with Google Maps Latitude service. It reports my location when Maps is running but when I exit and respond yes to continue sharing my location, it really doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've got the HTC Location service enabled. I've used this for months with no issues until now.

Thanks for any help.
let me test this out....will let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
question about the email alert widget.
I have 3 email accounts configured, outlook, hotmail, gmail.
When I get a new email (wether its outlook (work with activesync and push email), hotmail, or gmail) it always displays the lastest outlook email in the alert.
When I tap the alert to go to the email, it takes me to the correct email account and message.
Is this a known issue?

Just flashed to your 7-25 wm6.5.x build. Loving it and its running faster than anything else I had flashed before. Can't wait to see what else you have in the works.
i only have 1 email account running.. let me try adding another and test it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
HOLY CRAP!

Over the several times that I flashed the ROM, I had it running really fast once and couldn't duplicate it again.

I just reflashed it again and it still seemed choppy when switching between the three home screens. So I decided to delete all teh widgets and it ran smooth, so I started to put all of them back one by one until it started to stutter.

As soon as I put the digital clock on it lagged immediately, so I did the home page up without the digital clock and the analog clocks and it seemed to be real smooth.

So I did a reset data and just deleted the analog and digital clocks just to be sure, runs really smooth now!
the more widgets you have enabled the slower the device will run... i have no lag sliding between screens and i have almost all widgets enabled... you might want to try unchecking original graphics under weather widget settings.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
My battery use seems in line with yours.
I think it drains slightly faster with the current ROM than about 2 versions ago, but it could be just me.

I will say that up until a week or so ago it was draining really fast - barely lasting through the day. Then I noticed that I was running the 2.23 VZW radio while there was a newer 2.35 VZW radio available. I flashed the newer radio and it made difference in battery life. I live in a fringe area, so maybe it wont help you as much, but I would suggest flashing the newer radio if you haven't already.
Using Radio 2.35.00WV
PRL is 65145

Rom date says 3/2/10?
WAPI software says 0.03.12

Only other things I can think of are programs installed: (installed main memory unless noted)
Efficasoft GPRS monitor (tracks total data mb usage so I don't go over the
5gb CAP at verizon)
ClearRam (runs at 4am every day at Level 3)
S2P
ThumbCal
Rhodium Keyboard Controller 1.4
Phone Fusion (installed SD Card)
G-Alarm (installed SD Card)
Illuim Soft eWallet (installed SD Card)
CorePlayer
mVu Mobile Viewer (installed SD Card)
Mort Script

Have had netrripers OC app running at times. Currently uninstalled to see if there is a big difference in battery. Without it, there is a noticable difference in speed of the device (clocked at 604 when asleep, clocked at 710 when awake).

Stared at 5am this morning with 100% battery: setting at 62% and it is now 10am. 5hrs usage with approx. 25 emails, 2 phone calls (about 3mins each) and 10 text messages.

EDIT: Did notice that my weather is updating every hour. I am going to move that down to 3hrs and see how that works for battery life. Guess if I need the up-to-date weather, i can always click the weather icon or step out side.

Last edited by PPCFreak; 08-17-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post

the more widgets you have enabled the slower the device will run... i have no lag sliding between screens and i have almost all widgets enabled... you might want to try unchecking original graphics under weather widget settings.
Maybe it had something to do with autoconfig and xd-uc, maybe it was because the phone just booted up for the first time. I noticed that it seemed smoother few minutes after booting that first time.

I am now booting at 55-56% free, I did the start menu delete and now have a quick menu.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131769

For those of you interested, I installed the 6.5 start menu removal cab then installed new quick menu v2.8.

Through the "Program Link Settings" I mapped the start widget to "QMenu.lnk", it seems best to use the windows start widget, as using the taskbar start hangs up for a few seconds.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hurdpcs is keeping up the good workhurdpcs is keeping up the good work

I would like to see a tasks display like the calendar does. I really like the way CHT does it, but I am having problems with it hanging on the ROM I'm using.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Themed ROM Chef
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon (for now)

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community

Still experiencing memory leak. After a couple days use, I notice battery goes pretty quick too. (I think the battery is an issue with 23569). Had several hangups and had to soft reset to fix. ROM runs fast when it runs.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdpcs View Post
I would like to see a tasks display like the calendar does. I really like the way CHT does it, but I am having problems with it hanging on the ROM I'm using.
Me too. I've been asking for something like this for months, but understand that it's not Big who does this stuff, it's Max. Big has already said that he's asked Max for these type of enhancements, but that's all I know at this point.

It would be great to have this - would give the phone that old PDA like functionality that I crave!!

Big?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinberk View Post
Me too. I've been asking for something like this for months, but understand that it's not Big who does this stuff, it's Max. Big has already said that he's asked Max for these type of enhancements, but that's all I know at this point.

It would be great to have this - would give the phone that old PDA like functionality that I crave!!

Big?
yep, this is one of my number 1 request and max and i had discussed details on it months ago.... however the MaxSense beta group or I have not heard from Max in quite a while and i'm starting to get a bit worried about the future of MaxSense...

With that said i am working on revamping some things on the ROM to try to get a bit more stable and resolve some issues that people are reporting.. i have been running a 23129 version on my ROM for the past few days and it have been performing well... hopefully i will get some time soon to complete updates and have a release...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development