PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118553)

Sharkie405 09-04-2010 10:14 AM

Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllboredlll (Post 1934878)
There may be other ways but the only way I've found is to place the cab on the device in the directory you want then create a shortcut with whatever explorer program you use. Then you just copy the shortcut off of the device and place it in your kitchen as needed.

How do I create a shortcut for a .cab on the phone? I don't see that option with either File explorer or Total Commaner...

raiderfan247365 09-04-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1934888)
For you 6.5.X lovers, a new version of Arkswitch came out today. He's got a cool new feature to close apps without having to open arkswitch. Goodbye ameba????

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=731

Thanks for the heads up , i have been leaving out arkswitch for while now cuz it just seemed buggy. i gotta question though Sharkie, how did you set your start menu up so clean, and can i steal your work :) i dont release my ROM so its just for me! thanks a bunch

Sharkie405 09-04-2010 10:40 AM

Yeah dude, steal away! I figured people would probably dump my ROM anyway and take what they like. Thanks for asking though :)

What exactly do mean about my start menu? I mean, it's just a matter of app.dats and initflashfiles.

raiderfan247365 09-04-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1934922)
Yeah dude, steal away! I figured people would probably dump my ROM anyway and take what they like. Thanks for asking though :)

What exactly do mean about my start menu? I mean, it's just a matter of app.dats and initflashfiles.

i got the app.dat part fine but can you post your initflash nd you rfolder icons mayber? i just ment i liked your folders and the overall look of the start menu :) mine is still crazy unorganized

sc00b4s7eve 09-04-2010 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 (Post 1934930)
i got the app.dat part fine but can you post your initflash nd you rfolder icons mayber? i just ment i liked your folders and the overall look of the start menu :) mine is still crazy unorganized

I suggest going into the SYS folder and searching .lnk
I delete them all cause I have a Start Menu EXT. I actually delete almost all of them from SYS, OEM & EXTs. Don't delete them all until you have one setup.
Here's an example you can build off of. I have all the icons & reg's installed by cab to \Program Files\Start Icons\ during RunCC so these are just the Links.

Also, I fixed my LockScreen cab. The Wallpaper is named correctly now so it won't show up blank.

raiderfan247365 09-04-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 1934949)
I suggest going into the SYS folder and searching .lnk
I delete them all cause I have a Start Menu EXT. I actually delete almost all of them from SYS, OEM & EXTs. Don't delete them all until you have one setup.
Here's an example you can build off of. I have all the icons & reg's installed by cab to \Program Files\Start Icons\ during RunCC so these are just the Links.

Also, I fixed my LockScreen cab. The Wallpaper is named correctly now so it won't show up blank.

Thanks scuba but i dont exactly understand...so if i cook in diniks icon set i should be fine using your EXT?

Sharkie405 09-04-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllboredlll (Post 1934878)
There may be other ways but the only way I've found is to place the cab on the device in the directory you want then create a shortcut with whatever explorer program you use. Then you just copy the shortcut off of the device and place it in your kitchen as needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1934902)
How do I create a shortcut for a .cab on the phone? I don't see that option with either File explorer or Total Commaner...

So I got it working!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!! I had to use the .cab found in THIS page to create the shortcuts as I couldn't see any way to do it natively with WM, but it worked!! Thanks so much!

sc00b4s7eve 09-04-2010 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 (Post 1934956)
Thanks scuba but i dont exactly understand...so if i cook in diniks icon set i should be fine using your EXT?

Take a look at my EXT:
Most all of the _shortcut.lnk files are renamed like this so that all the original program's app.dat files don't move these shortcuts... only this EXT controls where the shortcuts go.
Also, here is my reg export of most all of my icon setup. You'll want to do some renaming for your icons but it should jumpstart you.

Sharkie405 09-04-2010 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 (Post 1934930)

I've posted all my Start Menu icons (folders included) and all the app.regs and app.dats that I use. While the overall end product is great (my start menu) what you'll see in the zip could use some work. There are several start menu things that were native to the kitchen already. I may have some other edits to counteract some of them. The ideal thing to do would be just to remove the initial instance of it, instead of adding another edit to counteract it. You know what I mean... But, it's all there. I hope it helps! :)

shane6374 09-04-2010 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know what would cause this error anytime I try to provision my rom with either SteadySoft or JMZ?

The dcd Sprint Carrier cab worked fine, but that just won't do it for an all carrier rom.