PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ToddSmith is keeping up the good workToddSmith is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12.13.10 VINdows ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
wow i havent seen your name in a long time, you been using vins crap.... im mean roms?
lol, Hell yeah, I'm still using Vin's most awesome ROMs. Just due to that damned "real life" crap, and having to work to keep food on the table and a roof over my head, I'm not in here as often as I'd like, and when I am in here, and someone has a question that I actually know the answer to, SOMEONE (like you, sir) always beats me to the punch of providing an answer, so I'm just relegated to poor lurker status.

Hey, can I add "the invention of having to work for a living" to Recursion's list of things I don't like?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahriar5252 View Post
Hi guys:

I just switched over to this VINdows Plutonium ROM for my Sprint TP2. I used to be on Sprint Lover's wm6.5.x ROM, but the developer stopped fixing bugs. Here are a few problems with VINdows Plutonium ROM on my TP2:

1. The volume buttons have lost the press and hold capability to quickly scroll the volume down. I have to keep on clicking on the vol up or down to go up or down.

I don't know that I've ever seen that feature. I can tell you that none of the recent HTC Volume Control packages have the feature (from Leo, Huashan, Oboe)

2. Is there a way to disable the music that is played when the volume goes up and down?

Yes you can do that with the following: HKCU\ControlPanel\Volume\Mute Change from 3 to 1

3. The on-screen keyboard does not have tactile feedback, and the option is not found in the Text Input Settings.

I can't help here. I don't know what keyboard vin puts in his ROM.

4. I installed all 4 tabs for Sense, and they all installed properly including the Footprints tab. But when I turn on the Footprint, it opens the camera and then a page comes up titled "GPS." It keeps on saying "Initializing GPS," but the GPS never initializes. Does anyone know what is wrong?

There's nothing wrong. Footprints is hard coded to use the Leo camera. It won't work correctly on the TP2 or any other device. You can still take GPS photos using the camera and then add them to the footprints tab manually

5. The taskbar is using the old wm6.1 sharp-corner square icon for Ev (which is too small and hurts one's eyes), the icon with a phone handle over the signal bars is grainy because it is probably a QVGA icon, and the charge icon is the old one from wm6.1. I know there are some taskbars that in listed in the 2nd post by vin255764 but they all have small icons. I prefer the original wm6.5.x's big black and white icons as I used to have on my old ROM in which the Ev icon's letters were enlarged and placed in a rounded square. Does anyone know a cab for this?

There's nothing stopping you from installing a different taskbar. I've found THIS taskbar to work pretty well for me. If you want the stock one, download a custom taskbar and look at the files inside it. Then find the SYS you are using, download it, and find the stock files. You will need to recmod (google) the modules of some of the files used. Then just replace the custom ones cooked in the ROM.

6. In the phone settings menu, the option for NAM selection is unhidden. I would recommend that this option be hidden because as it happened to my first Sprint TP2, by switching the NAM the phone's radio became incapable of being recognized by Sprint towers even after a hard reset. So Sprint had to do a hard reset via MLS code, which resets the radio settings too. Then, my phone lost the ability to be recognized by Verizon towers when it went on roaming. So I had to get a new one.

probably personal preference. You can hide them if you like I suppose.
I answered most of your questions in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
is this all you dont like?
Pretty helpful answer!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LLL
Carrier: Cricket

tpaxadpom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Here are some volumes to choose:
The zip I looked at but never tried as I like & use mine better
Thank you Maxx. I'll try them out.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LLL
Carrier: Cricket

tpaxadpom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Thanks Vin, I will check it out.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

ToddSmith is keeping up the good workToddSmith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSmith View Post
One glitch I've noticed on both the 11/28 and 12/07 ROM's: I have a stereo bluetooth headset, and I've selected "Announce notifications using Bluetooth hands free if available" in Voice Command, but it still announces text msgs and incoming calls through the system speaker instead of my headset, even though I'm using the headset. I really love that feature, since I don't have to look at the phone screen on an incoming call to decide if I want to take the call or not.

I'm going to Task29 the phone, and install the 12/13 ROM and see what happens, but thought I'd report the glitch anyway to see if anyone else can recreate it. Only thing I've installed on my phone that might be interfering would be CHT 2.0.
UPDATE: It's definitely a glitch in the system. Task29'ed the phone, flashed, then immediately set options in Voice Command and paired the headset. Same problem as above, before anything else was installed.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: boostmobile

rayfrausto is just getting started

okay i installed the rom and i installed the reconmended cab for mms and before i had mms now when i get a pic message it downloads and when i open file it says permenate error
Old 12-17-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Since you asked, no. I also don't like the fact that the grocery stores here don's serve beer and wine, since I enjoy a nice, steady buzz during my shopping escapades. Further, that dude on the corner that lights his fricken house & front yard up with those 40-50 tacky, inflatable thingies needs to learn how to drink...hard, even. And who in the hell invented ex-wives, anyhow? Whoever that phuk is, he's needs to be taken out back & shot! Now, what the hell is up with the gasoline prices hiking every frickin' holiday? What, like transportation costs or the cost of crude frickin' oil goes up during holidays? Ass-hats. And what? Damn Capitals playing like frickin' girls in dresses! I am sick & tired of them losing like high high schoolers skipping school to play at the local rink after bonging it up for a few hours. Oh, now don't get me started!!!! I got a ton phkn more on my list...right here!
At least you're not bitter.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work

Well, I posted this earlier and no one responded, but I set the alarm for 5:30am this morning and the alarm didn't sound until 5:38am. I havn't had this happen on any of Vin's other roms, just his latest Pluto. I don't have many cabs installed Just HD mini lock screen, Utask, An action screen and lockdevice. Any suggestions? Otherwise it's back to 8/5 Pluto no cookie.(still bulletproof)
Old 12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSmith View Post
What's wrong with the invention of ex-wives??? If it wasn't for that invention, she'd still be my wife!!!! ARRRGH!
Yes, but ... there are good inventions and bad ones. The creation of ex-wives is not a necessary step, my brutha. I'm thinking about a "reset" button...resulting in neither a wife nor an ex-wife. This would be a good invention!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
At least you're not bitter.
LMAO!! =D>

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24 View Post
Well, I posted this earlier and no one responded, but I set the alarm for 5:30am this morning and the alarm didn't sound until 5:38am. I havn't had this happen on any of Vin's other roms, just his latest Pluto. I don't have many cabs installed Just HD mini lock screen, Utask, An action screen and lockdevice. Any suggestions? Otherwise it's back to 8/5 Pluto no cookie.(still bulletproof)
I saw this, and I was stumped. Well, first think I do is change the alarm program (I use CHT 1.8.5 for this.) Under applications, I select "Alarm" & select the alarm program under Programs. Never had this issue. Maybe give that a shot?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost Unlimited

Nolimittodis is keeping up the good workNolimittodis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfrausto View Post
okay i installed the rom and i installed the reconmended cab for mms and before i had mms now when i get a pic message it downloads and when i open file it says permenate error

I used this cab and set the server to sprint and it works flawlessly. This is not my work and I take no credit for it, just trying to help out. I cant remember where I found it, but it's in one of the forums.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development