PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   dcd's hermann ROM 2.30 (COM3) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94411)

uwell 11-17-2009 05:13 AM

Re: dcd's hermann ROM 2.30 (COM3)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 1322334)
I got a replacement flashed this and realized my sms wasn't working. I ran the fixunreadcount.exe and my sms is working again. I will try mms later.

i try it again and finally find where the problem is. at first i flash this rom again, when done i do nothing just send sms to myself, it works, so it means the rom is ok. next step i installed chinese font and china regional add-in, soft reset and try to send sms, it's failed. so i realized maybe this is the problem is, so i changed the regional setting to US, reboot, try to send sms again, it works. and i changed regiongal setting back to PRC and reboot, finally it works again! this might be help for chinese user.

Thanks for your reply!

tahlsr 12-03-2009 04:18 PM

Hey guys, I've been running this DCD rom every since release and I really love it. I've had relatively zero problems (that weren't self induced). So why am I getting the itch to flash again?? DCD any chance you will be doing an updated ROM with the latest 6.5.X builds?

Everytime I try someone elses rom I come back because I need the speed.... yahoooooo!!! I don't even bother with Manilla because it seems like it makes the basic functions slower. I want max efficiency with txting and emailing mainly.

Anyone suggest another Titanium ROM that is as fast as DCD's? I tend to think there is none :(

mgioia2 12-03-2009 05:48 PM

JD's ROMS are neck and neck with DCD's as far as speed goes, especially his Titanium only ROMS. Unfortunately he's on the TP2 now and won't be updating either. But if you want to flash just to flash some of his ROM threads are still hanging around here.

tahlsr 12-04-2009 10:37 AM

Thx for the tip. I was considering getting a TP2 but I'd rather wait for a phone with a better CPU. Here is to hoping DCD still has some love left for his TP... and us :)

bedlam247 12-09-2009 03:34 AM

Does Pandora work on this ROM? I am currently using Haze v1.7 (unsupported) works great and fast (Titanium ONLY), but Pandora will not work on the ROM.

tahlsr 12-09-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedlam247 (Post 1398643)
Does Pandora work on this ROM? I am currently using Haze v1.7 (unsupported) works great and fast (Titanium ONLY), but Pandora will not work on the ROM.

I'm running Pandora just fine.

FZ1 12-10-2009 01:59 AM

Are any vzw users having gps issues with this build?

Locks are very slow and I can't find a QuickGPS build that works past the "connection failed" message.

dcd 12-10-2009 02:15 PM

bootlauncher is not in rom and quickgps by default depends on it.

use quickgps from my repository, and restart the device after install to allow the service to start.

but agps should be working with newest carrier cab and 1.12.x radio.

FZ1 12-10-2009 05:43 PM

Terrible I was just a soft reset away, thank you.

AGPS may not be working with 1.12.31F and your newest carrier cab though since without QuickGPS I see no improvement in GPS locks since upgrading from my previous radio, 1.04.05V. It takes a few minutes to get a maximum 4 satellites.

With QuickGPS running I get 9 satellites from my desk in 5 seconds.

Thanks again!

titaniumgiant 12-12-2009 05:50 PM

i love this rom. Awesome and fast, but i cannot get the mms to work :( . i even did the arcsoft cab file loaded and nothing works. i applied the provision cab, download the prl and soft reset, it is not working.