PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74422)

Ron M 07-11-2009 05:12 PM

Re: [JUL 11] *10 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Hello All .....im Trying To Flash To Telus Radio V1.04.05v Telus Update But It Is Not Like The Others It Is A Rar. File And I Dont Know How To Instal It Can Anybody Help Please Thanx In Advance!!

strra 07-11-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron M (Post 1029743)
Hello All .....im Trying To Flash To Telus Radio V1.04.05v Telus Update But It Is Not Like The Others It Is A Rar. File And I Dont Know How To Instal It Can Anybody Help Please Thanx In Advance!!

download WinRAR and extract the .rar file to your desktop. then run RomUpdateUtility.exe and it should guide you through the rest :)

Ron M 07-11-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra (Post 1029818)
download WinRAR and extract the .rar file to your desktop. then run RomUpdateUtility.exe and it should guide you through the rest :)

THANK YOU for ur reply that paticular rar says update.... do i need a older version of the telus radio before instaling this one? also can u give me a link for romupdateutility.exe .......oh thanks once more!!!!

ycats 07-11-2009 09:20 PM

which one should us Sprint users be using?

Rourke Swift 07-11-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 1030087)
which one should us Sprint users be using?

You can use any of them mate.

psycho_maniac 07-12-2009 12:50 AM

Strra you are AWESOME!!!!! Promise me to keep the first post updated for eternity

iviyth0s 07-12-2009 01:12 AM

So the Verizon is the best radio to use (I'm a Sprint Customer) I am not sure which would be a better radio.

Rourke Swift 07-12-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iviyth0s (Post 1030405)
So the Verizon is the best radio to use (I'm a Sprint Customer) I am not sure which would be a better radio.

No really, the only way to know for sure which is going to be the best for you is to start testing them out for a few days. It's like asking "whats the best ROM?!" Nobody can really answer that for you, you have to answer it for yourself.

iviyth0s 07-12-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rourke Swift (Post 1030410)
No really, the only way to know for sure which is going to be the best for you is to start testing them out for a few days. It's like asking "whats the best ROM?!" Nobody can really answer that for you, you have to answer it for yourself.

I see, thank you. I wasn't sure if there were just simply ones that were better in every way. I always thought the higher number meant newer and all around better (in efficiency and performance)
I've been running with that Alltel 1.12.20 one lately since another thread said it was Sprint so I guess I unintentionally learned first hand that you can use any radio you want (Touch Pro radios only obviously, but carrier independent)

Rourke Swift 07-12-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iviyth0s (Post 1030415)
I see, thank you. I wasn't sure if there were just simply ones that were better in every way. I always thought the higher number meant newer and all around better (in efficiency and performance)

Well there are some common trends: you'll hear people talk most about the Telus radio and the new Verizon radio; however, the hot-off-the-press Alltel radio released a couple days ago has been better for me than either, though other people have found it to be worse, so obviously there's still going to be variables.