PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Bepe's EXTENDED Platform Rebuilder Kitchen tools by JD (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71810)

jakdillard 06-16-2009 09:47 AM

Bepe's EXTENDED Platform Rebuilder Kitchen tools by JD

1 Attachment(s)
What is this .... its Bepe's platform rebuilder kitchen ... I have modified the batch command file so that it basically do everything for you like building the rom then building the .nbh moving it to a RUU then running the update utility and clean of the old temp directory and files .... this is for advanced users

You will need the SYS of your choice and the MSXIPKernal of that SYS also you will need to move your OEM directory to this kitchen ... you will need to create your extended packages and move them into the EXT\Rapheal directory there are tools to create extended packages included (this tool will take existing user created oems and turn then into a extended package simply drag and drop your oem onto the ext_package_rebuilder)

THIS IS FOR ADVANCED USERS THIS IS FOR ADVANCED USERS THIS IS FOR ADVANCED USERS

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS HERE

lllboredlll 06-16-2009 10:19 AM

Re: Bepe's EXTENDED Platform Rebuilder Kitchen tools by JD

quick question..... is this for advanced users? :D

nice add-on

rstoyguy 06-16-2009 10:26 AM

Damn... Never have my laptop when I need it... :)

Vertigo 06-16-2009 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jak,

Can you please double check? I'm getting a virus on this... I'm using AVG which gives a bunch a false positives but you never know. Thanks!

jakdillard 06-16-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo (Post 978064)
Jak,

Can you please double check? I'm getting a virus on this... I'm using AVG which gives a bunch a false positives but you never know. Thanks!

It is a false positive I use One Care and I didn't pick up anything

Young_breedent 06-16-2009 12:50 PM

JD not fully understanding what this new kitchen is all about. Can i get a simple man break down lol??

Young_breedent 06-17-2009 01:35 PM

Guess i can get it in Layman's terms huh JD lol

jakdillard 06-17-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 980539)
Guess i can get it in Layman's terms huh JD lol

you could've text or called for the laymans term

psyki 06-17-2009 02:48 PM

Thanks, can't wait to try it out. I know just a tiny bit about this kitchen, but how difficult is it to configure for multiple devices?

scrosler 06-17-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 977970)
What is this .... its Bepe's platform rebuilder kitchen ... I have modified the batch command file so that it basically do everything for you like building the rom then building the .nbh moving it to a RUU then running the update utility and clean of the old temp directory and files .... this is for advanced users

You will need the SYS of your choice and the MSXIPKernal of that SYS also you will need to move your OEM directory to this kitchen ... you will need to create your extended packages and move them into the EXT\Rapheal directory there are tools to create extended packages included (this tool will take existing user created oems and turn then into a extended package simply drag and drop your oem onto the ext_package_rebuilder)

THIS IS FOR ADVANCED USERS THIS IS FOR ADVANCED USERS THIS IS FOR ADVANCED USERS

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS HERE

Thanks Jack, going to check this out tonight. Looking for a change in kitchens. Do you have any good resources on how to convert from a basic bepe kitchen such as I use with the simple build OS? Basically what I would like to try is taking the ROM folder and converting it into the MSXIPKernel. Is that what you are saying we will need to do? Sorry if I sound ignorant on this.. Its because I am ;c) I've never played with XIP porting / etc so I may not be using correct terminology here. AS well, can you upload a fully populated kitchen so I can see how it works? I learn better from example / reverse engineering. (and if you could also compile my next base for me too... nah.. maybe thats asking too much... ;c)

Thanks again Jack! And more importantly thanks for sharing!