PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Copper issues solved (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65625)

strickly_ppc670 04-20-2009 11:49 AM

Copper issues solved

First- no offense to anyone that had any part in this ROM.
Its a first rate job and I appreciate the Herculian Efforts!

Can we get a Bug list with some fixes?
The Copper posting is huge and takes hours to read through.

I have a few:
1- GPS not working
2- Bluetooth "on" icon not showing

Other than those 2 issue, I am totally
estatic about this ROM build.

Thanks

ou2mame 04-20-2009 12:02 PM

Re: Copper issues solved

my gps works "sometimes", but not very well. locks take forever, if at all. the bluetooth icon thing is kind of annoying too. also, my phone freezes when i try to text somebody with an onscreen keyboard, almost every time. i have to then wait like 20 seconds for it to come back. even the screen won't vibrate. this happenes from a fresh flash, with absolutely nothing installed.

shark1987 04-20-2009 12:03 PM

Regarding your issues, my GPS is working fine, so it's unlikely to be a bug with the ROM i would think maybe some other cabs you've installed? And as for the bluetooth icon, that is an HTC add-on that Mighty and Juicy left out on purpose, they just wanted it to be a very base ROM.

Also I don't think there will be any more developments on the Copper ROM, I think mighty and juicy have split to work on their separate roms. But I could be wrong

edit: reworded things

strickly_ppc670 04-20-2009 12:40 PM

I havent had my GPS lock since I flashed to Copper. I rarely use it but it is nice to know if I have to travel that I have this in my back pocket.

Is there a Cab for the bluetooth icon? That would be nice to have.

Thanks for sounding off- I was beginning to think I was the only one with these issues

scottishwarrior 04-20-2009 01:01 PM

I think my only issue is with the alarm not working in any of the newer builds. I think it is something in the microsoft code because I haven't seen anything about it getting fixed. I personally have been using G alarm to replace the OEM alarm.

Jay

MoonZ*BabysH 04-20-2009 01:04 PM

have you tried diffrent builds of the GPS apps your using?

strickly_ppc670 04-20-2009 01:13 PM

Im using the same ol same ol - googlemaps..... It work previously when I was using Conflippers rom- Copper- no workie

phat78boy 04-20-2009 01:20 PM

Is anyone with GPS problems using a different radio then what your phone came with? I ask cause when I flashed between radios, there was a big difference in my GPS performance.

strickly_ppc670 04-20-2009 01:22 PM

That maybe something to attempt. I have the stock Sprint Radio.
Any suggestions for radios?

okra 04-20-2009 01:29 PM

I have the Telus radio and I have the same GPS problem, so I don't think it's that. Garmin only locks sometimes and Google Maps never locks..