PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

nighthawk0113 10-28-2009 12:53 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC]

I have been testing out multiple ROMs this week...I mostly do internet browsing and lots of text messaging. So far, I think that this has been the most stable one yet, but I have been having problems with the programs tab. I installed the fix as noted in earlier posts, but the icon buttons are still unresponsive. They do show up, but I can't remove or add anything. Any ideas??

slypher 10-28-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakko69 (Post 1268976)
What about my GPS? I did the Upgrade and it look like I lost GPS?

I am experiencing the same issue with a variety of 6.5.1 ROMs, they all seem to have major issues with locking and maintaining a lock. One or two even reboot after a satellite lock :cussing:.

Guess that means I have to downgrade until this is worked out :-(

GPS is the third most important function for me so this really sux.

Good luck!

-s

Sharkie405 10-28-2009 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxmillertimexx (Post 1267985)
I was wondering if theres a CAB to apply the same wallpaper to every tab?

Try this...

wakko69 10-29-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slypher (Post 1273103)
I am experiencing the same issue with a variety of 6.5.1 ROMs, they all seem to have major issues with locking and maintaining a lock. One or two even reboot after a satellite lock :cussing:.

Guess that means I have to downgrade until this is worked out :-(

GPS is the third most important function for me so this really sux.

Good luck!

-s

It took some time but it working now, also how can I get the information tab back into the personal folder to register galarm????

bladed2 10-30-2009 03:35 PM

Glad to finally hear news from Juicy. I'm on Indagroove's Topaz Rom right now, which is the closest thing to a Juicy Rom for me, but I can't wait to flash back to Juicy.

gimmeabreak 10-31-2009 06:59 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

voted. Thanks, Juicy!

drnick5 10-31-2009 10:08 AM

I just flashed to this rom after using the Mighty/Silence rom for quite some time. I'm impressed by its speed, and so far stability (only been using it for a day so far, but im impressed) this is also my first dive into the Windows Mobile 6.5 pool.

One question/problem I found is with text messeging... if I get a text and scroll to the text messaging tab on the touch flo and then tap on the text (to send a reply) it opens up the convo so I can reply. the problem is, if I reply in this window, I can't see what I wrote after I hit send, it will only show me what the other person has said... Now, if I scroll to the text tab on the touch flo, and hit "all messages" (instead of taping on the text I want to reply to) it will list all my texts threads, if I click on 1 i it opens up the convo, but it looks different then the other window did (if I had just opened the text through the touch flo (looks like it did on WM 6.1) and in here, if I type a message, I'll be able to see what I typed as well as what the other person said Anyone else having this problem. it seems very strange that theres 2 different style text messaging windows. (am I making sense? lol)

any help would be appreciated

tersoth 10-31-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnick5 (Post 1282319)
I just flashed to this rom after using the Mighty/Silence rom for quite some time. I'm impressed by its speed, and so far stability (only been using it for a day so far, but im impressed) this is also my first dive into the Windows Mobile 6.5 pool.

One question/problem I found is with text messeging... if I get a text and scroll to the text messaging tab on the touch flo and then tap on the text (to send a reply) it opens up the convo so I can reply. the problem is, if I reply in this window, I can't see what I wrote after I hit send, it will only show me what the other person has said... Now, if I scroll to the text tab on the touch flo, and hit "all messages" (instead of taping on the text I want to reply to) it will list all my texts threads, if I click on 1 i it opens up the convo, but it looks different then the other window did (if I had just opened the text through the touch flo (looks like it did on WM 6.1) and in here, if I type a message, I'll be able to see what I typed as well as what the other person said Anyone else having this problem. it seems very strange that theres 2 different style text messaging windows. (am I making sense? lol)

any help would be appreciated

well I just flashed this rom last night and can see the threaded text messaging just fine (sent and received). So maybe its something on your end that you installed that's making it do that. although the tapping "all messages" and it taking you to the default winmo text message screen is normal. That's just how manila 2.1 works.

drnick5 10-31-2009 02:17 PM

thanks for the info. the things I used to install into silence mighty were arcsoftMMS (for sprint) and the 160 hack for text messeges. (maybe thats what did it?)

I'm going to try a master reset and not install any cabs and see what happens. the other thing I noticed is it doesn't display how many character you've typed in your text message (its nice to see a count to know how many character I have left to use) is there a fix for that?

drnick5 10-31-2009 04:04 PM

after a master reset it seems to be fine. I also didn't realize that this already is set up for texts of 160 characters (my previous rom only did 140 so I had to use the sms160 cab... that probably mess this up, lol)

so my last question, is there a way to have it show you how many characters are in the text? one view does and the other doesn't (if you tap to reply to a text it doesn't show you how many characters are in the message... but if you view all text messages and then click on the one you want to reply to, it will show it in that view)

Edit: Also, I installed opera mini and would like to replace it with opera mobile thats currently on here, is there any way to make it so when I tap "internet" it launched opera mini and not opera mobile?