PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

CovKid66 08-05-2009 08:02 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by knives of ice (Post 1083684)
thanks.

yeah i loaded a new rom, but it appears the problem is my touch screen is broken. i have had the rainbow behind the screen for awhile and actually soft resetted before the boot problems because the touch screen was non responsive. got the new rom loaded but i can't get past the windows setup screen where you have to tap. it appears the touch screen is done. i guess i'm screwed till i can get a new phone. unless someone knows a way to get past the standard setup without touching.

If you are sending this one back, don't forget to flash back to stock ROM and relock it. You'll find instructions in the stickies at the main CDMA TP forum.

pmoreau 08-05-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knives of ice (Post 1083684)
thanks.

yeah i loaded a new rom, but it appears the problem is my touch screen is broken. i have had the rainbow behind the screen for awhile and actually soft resetted before the boot problems because the touch screen was non responsive. got the new rom loaded but i can't get past the windows setup screen where you have to tap. it appears the touch screen is done. i guess i'm screwed till i can get a new phone. unless someone knows a way to get past the standard setup without touching.

Have you tried a Hard Reset ?

You've got to have some pretty nimble fingers to hit all the keys needed to do it since you can't get to the Clear Memory Setup...

thelastpoet 08-06-2009 02:58 AM

major issue here...no matter what i try i cant get my phone to connect to my comp via AS all of a sudden...each time i hook it up IS pops up even though AS is selected in settings>connections>USB to PC

ive even manually went in...unselected the ask me first check box and went into the registry at HKLM>Software>HTC>USBtoPCPopUP and changed option to 0 waited 30 secs...restarted the phone and when i connect to my comp....it connects..established the net connection but doesnt start AS...allow usb connection is checked in the AS settings...hitting connect does nothing...

tried different USB ports...and my netbook on top of my comp...still no dice...

im thinking of switching back to the last rom(this one has been hella buggy and i dont think a new release is in the near future) and changing my radio and i cant really do anything

anyone have any kinda idea what the heezy is up?

Deltatristar500 08-06-2009 10:43 AM

I get a major pause when flipping through emails from TF3D. Anyone know how to solve this?

cchris81 08-06-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelastpoet (Post 1084576)
major issue here...no matter what i try i cant get my phone to connect to my comp via AS all of a sudden...each time i hook it up IS pops up even though AS is selected in settings>connections>USB to PC

ive even manually went in...unselected the ask me first check box and went into the registry at HKLM>Software>HTC>USBtoPCPopUP and changed option to 0 waited 30 secs...restarted the phone and when i connect to my comp....it connects..established the net connection but doesnt start AS...allow usb connection is checked in the AS settings...hitting connect does nothing...

im thinking of switching back to the last rom(this one has been hella buggy and i dont think a new release is in the near future) and changing my radio and i cant really do anything

On mine, when i disconnect from IS, then AS automatically gets enabled and starts syncing

sc00b4s7eve 08-06-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Last idea for ya before reflash time (IMO):
Double-Check ActiveSync Connection Settings. Should have a check box for Connect to all computers - select USB.
Thats the only other thing I can think of that could have stolen your USB settings.

thelastpoet 08-06-2009 12:38 PM

thats all been checked...all the setting are where they should be...

just didnt wanna bother with SD card flashing

nemoid 08-06-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Start > Settings > Connection Settings > USB to PC.

Check "ActiveSync"
Uncheck "Enable Faster Data Synchronization"
Check "Ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to the PC"

thelastpoet 08-06-2009 04:09 PM

ive tried all of the obvious per my original post

but thanx for the response...

its not a simple fix answer...

nemoid 08-06-2009 04:12 PM

I had the same problem and that fixed it for me. I searched around on google for a while and got the answer. I wasn't gonna hard reset or flash to fix it.

Try checking "Enable faster data sync" hitting ok, then unchecking it again.

Otherwise, I dunno.