PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

fowen 07-15-2009 10:39 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by austerville (Post 1037002)
Am I the only one that has the problem where I can't view my email until I perform a soft reset? This happens a few times a day and without fail the first time that I use the phone in the morning, which makes me think it's related to the phone being idle for a while.
Thanks again Juicy for a great ROM.

I have seen the same issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike2037 (Post 1038247)
I have found that this happens to me under certain conditions:

If I have TaskManager set to close the app when you hit the X and I do so while it is updating your mailbox through push or send and receive then the app does not shut down correctly and thus cannot be launched again.

Hope this helps.

I have task manager set to do this but I never use this feature. I will disable it and see if the problem goes away.

fowen 07-15-2009 11:15 PM

Also, Calendar appointments won't open from the TF3D2 interface. I found a post earlier this month where someone else had the same issue... but nobody responded with a true fix.

Is this a problem with TF3D2 or the ROM?

jshaas2 07-15-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowen (Post 1038406)
Also, Calendar appointments won't open from the TF3D2 interface. I found a post earlier this month where someone else had the same issue... but nobody responded with a true fix.

Is this a problem with TF3D2 or the ROM?

appointments work fine here

bigchico67 07-15-2009 11:19 PM

Wow this thread is crazy long, I posted a comment earlier asking about sprint tv. I take it back now after searching a bit more and seeing that Juicy doesn't care about trying to fix Sprint tv, which is completely understandable considering he doesn't have Sprint. I just wanted to say the rom is awesome and working great so far. Thanks!!

codydavis22 07-15-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jit (Post 1038263)
Hey does anyone have a pic of what the taskbar looks like?

Thanks!

It is just the stock white task bar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1038334)
can somebody post the post# to the screenshots? ThankS!

It is just the plain black rhodium theme with the tachi dialer, wm 6.5 start menu....he leaves a lot of the surface stuff up to you to modify....no special icons

gorelow 07-15-2009 11:26 PM

this rom is so good. ive tried them all and i wanted the goodies and bells and whistles but they kept screwing me up. the best thing about this rom is it seems to accept merdin;s blue theme.which you have to see if you havent . no conflicts at all. heres the link for the cab. it makes this rom beautiful. i dont know how to upload a cab its on this page on top saying blue addon, if anyone is interested in trying it
http://www.jbawireless.com/ppc.htm

naulakkim 07-15-2009 11:57 PM

Thanks...let me try it

Juicy47 07-15-2009 11:57 PM

hey all.... little dissapointed tonight. why?

well here we go...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1038020)
NRGZ: I'm happy you are going to use my EzInput package but could you please give me thanks on the main page?

To those that took the time to press "thanks".... thank you!

I have PM'ed NRGZ28 on XDA:

Code:

Originally Posted by Juicy47
I noticed my name in the MASD in your roms, could you please give me proper credit in the changelogs as well? It took alot of work to get things working properly - plz and thanks

to which I got the following response:

Code:

Originally Posted by NRGZ28
What are you doing looking in the MASD section of my ROMs ? And what exactly did you have to do about EzInput ? Add you name to the RGU ?

Now in case any of you forgot, when EzInput2.0 was first available we all had a hell of a time

1) making the keybaord fit properly in landscape VGA
2) getting the hard keys to work

I can't attest to doing all the work, but here is what is contained in my rom, kitchen, and oem package that NRGZ used:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD]
"IME_EzInput_Western"="2_0_JUICY47_01" ;Do note remove
;inital work by savage25rcracer
;working hardware mapping by Juicy47

So can you understand why I'm a little pissed off that NRGZ won't even aknowledge other users who have done the grunt work necessary in having a working port?

This is ridiculous, and a poor attitude on behalf of NRGZ. All I asked for was a thank-you.

Please re-consider donating to this fool. Donate to PPCGeeks.com or XDA instead - I don't want or accept donations.

Oh and after this wonderful little incident, you can forget about me release my EzInput 2.1 OEM/CAB as well as my 8 series kitchen.

MAD? Let NRGZ28 know.

cflynt 07-16-2009 12:06 AM

Sorry to hear Juicy. And understand. But don't let others get you down. Some people just don't appreciate what others do. And due to the fact you don't do the whole donation thing gives me tons more respect for you. I don't have an issue doing a donation for someone to get the hardware they need to continue development, but when you know they are just raking it in after the fact and really aren't doing tons more than what you can get from others and then take the credit for stuff they didn't do it just aggravates me. So just know that in the respect I have for you and one of the MANY reasons I use your roms over others.

I understand if you don't release things, but on that it does still sadden me if you still plan on leaving the WM scene. Without your kitchen to contine off of. But I haven't had to use a kitchen yet so I look forward every rom you release to see the hard work that went into it.

Thanks for ALL that you do.

Juicy47 07-16-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1038531)
Sorry to hear Juicy. And understand. But don't let others get you down. Some people just don't appreciate what others do. And due to the fact you don't do the whole donation thing gives me tons more respect for you. I don't have an issue doing a donation for someone to get the hardware they need to continue development, but when you know they are just raking it in after the fact and really aren't doing tons more than what you can get from others and then take the credit for stuff they didn't do it just aggravates me. So just know that in the respect I have for you and one of the MANY reasons I use your roms over others.

I understand if you don't release things, but on that it does still sadden me if you still plan on leaving the WM scene. Without your kitchen to contine off of. But I haven't had to use a kitchen yet so I look forward every rom you release to see the hard work that went into it.

Thanks for ALL that you do.

thanks cflynt... for every bad person there are 2 or 3 really good ones, which is why I love this community.