PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

bedlam247 06-30-2009 07:40 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwizzy130 (Post 1006865)
Man, i'm sorry to here that... Just one last thing to try, pull out the battery for 5 whole minutes. Then turn it on and try the internet again.

dwizzy130

Hello dwizzy130, I left my battery out for 10 minutes, no go. Something is broken. I don't smell anything so I don't any of the hardware is fried, but I don't know what could be wrong.

My phone is currently bare of any CABs, just what the Stock Sprint ROM came with and still not internet connection.

If Sprint was able to resolve the problem I will post their solution. Most likely I think they will just replace my phone. I have insurance so it should be okay, just a hassle. I got my phone to a point that I was truly happy with until this happen. Good flashing to all....

whatsleft4her 06-30-2009 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
can someone make this a cab so i can use it as my startup screen?

Eauh 06-30-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedlam247 (Post 1006901)
Hello dwizzy130, I left my battery out for 10 minutes, no go. Something is broken. I don't smell anything so I don't any of the hardware is fried, but I don't know what could be wrong.

My phone is currently bare of any CABs, just what the Stock Sprint ROM came with and still not internet connection.

If Sprint was able to resolve the problem I will post their solution. Most likely I think they will just replace my phone. I have insurance so it should be okay, just a hassle. I got my phone to a point that I was truly happy with until this happen. Good flashing to all....

I am experiencing the same thing. I was unable to sync to my exchange server, then I realized I could not connect to the internet, then I saw that I could not get any weather updates. This is a new (replaced) phone (got it yesterday). It may be hardware but it could also be something more... Any one else having any of these issues?

Eauh 06-30-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliens50 (Post 1006667)
Start --> Active Sync

Setup your account through here and if you get a sync error, click "more information" and post the error code.

Upon further use and investigation with this problem, I am beginning to think it is an internet connection issue as I am not able to use any application that uses an internet connection. :(

lordrainkm 06-30-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedlam247 (Post 1006857)
Thanks for you help dwizzy130! I flashed back to the stock Sprint ROM and I am happy to let everyone that's on J8 that my internet is still not working. Like you said, it may be hardware, just bad luck.

I would like to thank dwizzy130 for such a quick reply. Thanks to everyone that has help me along the way.

There was an old fix for this, probably worth a try before getting a new phone. This was an EPST bug, so it would remain even after a hard reset or a flash.

The fix was (or something similar to this):
##DATA# (##3282#)
You need your unlock code.
Change Active profile to 1, or if it is is one reset.
Exit, phone should ask to restart.

If you don't have your MSL (unlock code), there was a trick for that too:

* Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1
* Wait a reasonable amount of time and soft-reset (I have noticed that it seems to take longer for this value to take affect, so if you reboot and the registry values are not changed, then you need to do it again and wait longer)
* Check to see that the file \Temp\ATDbg0.txt has been created.
* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.
* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

Code:

113 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0
113 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201
113 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0
113 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 216112

The numbers next to the Rx: +HTC_RMSL line should be your MSL

codydavis22 06-30-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1006867)
As much as I like more stuff in the ROM, this is a program that really would be worthless to be built into the ROM due to you would still have to copy your files over. So if you are going to have to do that, just have it on your Storage Card and all you do is run the Binary and it installs itself and runs all at the same time.

Yeah I didn't think about that....I've used sashimi for a while and never used UC. Would it be possible for me to set up UC to install it for me....and maybe run it?

muzicman82 06-30-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuskins (Post 1006429)
Which ROM are you on? I can't figure out what I'm looking at. Your keyboard isn't on screen. Ar you in portrait or landscape?

I'm using the slide out keyboard on my Sprint Touch Pro. You wouldn't want any kind of auto complete if you're using the physical keyboard. Even if it is an auto complete of some sort, I can't figure out how it works. It just "captures" any numbers or punctuation I input and I have to press Enter for it to "paste" into the text field.

I think the auto complete functions work for words if I am using the on-screen keyboard, but it just does funny things described above with the keyboard open. It doesn't capture letters.. only numbers and punctuation.

muzicman82 06-30-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuskins (Post 1006491)
Figured out what your looking at. Obviously typed "123". JK When you hit Fn+Space you should get a menu, there you can select T9, ABC, etc. The highlighted text you would see is on the screen keyboard. (lower left) you can turn T9 on and off there.
Hope this helps, kind of difficult to understand what your problem really is.
Edit: Went back to your original post. You might have a problem with your flash. I have not experienced T9 only activating on numbers or punctuation.

Sorry, just saw this post.

Yeah, Fn+Space gives me no popup menu. I will try reflashing soon, but.. everything completed normally and I didn't modify anything from the Juicy 8 download.

Tannerj 06-30-2009 09:58 PM

is there a fix yet for UC to load SDconfig.txt file?

Thanks....tannerj

NinjaDuck 06-30-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1007079)
Yeah I didn't think about that....I've used sashimi for a while and never used UC. Would it be possible for me to set up UC to install it for me....and maybe run it?

With UC and Mortscript you can almost do anything.

I highly recommend SDConfigGen as an easy way. I export my registry and it converts the reg files to XML and creates the SDConfig.txt file for you.

You can get Mortscript here:
http://sto-helit.de/index.php?module...=list&entry=18

You can sdConfigGen here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411988